NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hi guys.  Trying to move up from third in my 12-team mixed 5x5.  I have a major man crush on Adalberto Mondesi, who I have for $1 this year and next, but he got hurt.  Another team (in last) has been trying to get him from me all year.  He just made me this offer...

I get:  Franmil Reyes, Mitch Garver, Domingo German

I give:  A Mondesi, R Porcello & Mitch Moreland

Do I do this?  Garver, Reyes and German would be keepable for next year as well 

Thanks!

Keep Mondesi & Moreland, move Porcello & another SP for only Reyes & Garver. 

Then for you're 3 keeper picks go: Mondesi, Reyes, Garver or Moreland for last choice. 

Edited by Rush2112
  • Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Hard to tell if you're getting that upgrade at catcher with Garver.

Right now, my catchers are Jansen and R. Chirinos.  I do agree that my existing C's are adequate more or less, but Garver looks like an upgrade.  I appreciate the help...

15 hours ago, Gramps said:

Hi guys.  Trying to move up from third in my 12-team mixed 5x5.  I have a major man crush on Adalberto Mondesi, who I have for $1 this year and next, but he got hurt.  Another team (in last) has been trying to get him from me all year.  He just made me this offer...

I get:  Franmil Reyes, Mitch Garver, Domingo German

I give:  A Mondesi, R Porcello & Mitch Moreland

Do I do this?  Garver, Reyes and German would be keepable for next year as well 

Thanks!

Seems Mondesi for $1 should pull in more than this. Is this roto? Do you have categories you’re looking to attack?

FYI I’m a Garver owner and while he continues to produce, he plays about 3 times/week, sometimes 4. Splits with Castro. A decent chunk of his overall production was when he was playing DH when they had a bunch of injuries. He’s still really good, but something to be aware of.

If you’re going for it. I’d look to target “overpriced” stars. Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think you're getting back enough. I'd much rather get 1 or 2 studs and work the waiver wire than trade Mondesi for those three. Especially in roto and especially as a $1 keeper. Steals are so valuable and it's not like you're in a 6x6 or 7x7. In a 5x5, steals hold much more weight. If you think that will help you win, I'd do it, but personally I'd be looking for a better deal

• Thanks 1

I'd want more for him also, for a $1 if you have a shot next year as well you'd have a fantasy stud and league leading SB asset, I'd squeeze out more to deal him this year. 

• Thanks 1