NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Emmanuel Sanders 2019 Outlook

FFCollusion

They will run heavy for sure, but they will still have to pass, i see the slot being more open than the outside routes.. the chiefs have suprisingly not been bad covering wr's .. if the chiefs get up big there is no choice but to pass. im expecting run heavy for first quarter and once the chiefs blow the door open and go up 2 scores all hands on deck..  so 1 quarter run heavy and probably 3 of pass heavy, but hey its a gamble at the end of the day . 

3 minutes ago, BeGreat said:

Flacco, Knee issues and run heavy  gameplan this week he’s on the bench. He always blows up on my bench btw.

On my bench too. I have two Broncos and one Chief going Thursday. Dreams are made or crushed on Thursdays. With Manny's health issues right now, I just don't feel comfortable starting him. I do think Lindsay and Royce will get the work though and occasionally hitting up Sutton.

3 minutes ago, bearcatcheech said:

They will run heavy for sure, but they will still have to pass, i see the slot being more open than the outside routes.. the chiefs have suprisingly not been bad covering wr's .. if the chiefs get up big there is no choice but to pass. im expecting run heavy for first quarter and once the chiefs blow the door open and go up 2 scores all hands on deck..  so 1 quarter run heavy and probably 3 of pass heavy, but hey its a gamble at the end of the day . 

Maybe if Eric Fisher was back I can see them blowing the doors open. Chiefs haven’t been an efficient  offense lately sadly. I have Mahomes,Reek and Kelce I’m suffering.

1 minute ago, bearcatcheech said:

Exactly. Chiefs will most likely be up one or two scores going into halftime. I think there will be a fair amount of passing and I think Sanders ends up with a solid game here. It just feels risky that his knee could potentially flare up and he could give us a fat dud

9 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Exactly. Chiefs will most likely be up one or two scores going into halftime. I think there will be a fair amount of passing and I think Sanders ends up with a solid game here. It just feels risky that his knee could potentially flare up and he could give us a fat dud

The Chiefs are only 3.5 favorites but they have showed their weakness the past two games and now face a defense that has been playing very well and they are solid against the pass.

Chiefs cannot stop the run to save their lives so they are about to get a heavy dose of Lindsay/Freeman.  

27 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

The Chiefs are only 3.5 favorites but they have showed their weakness the past two games and now face a defense that has been playing very well and they are solid against the pass.

Chiefs cannot stop the run to save their lives so they are about to get a heavy dose of Lindsay/Freeman.  

I guess we’ll see. Denver did a good job against Rivers but nothing else on the schedule so far has been all that convincing. I’m not buying that they will contain Mahomes. I know the chiefs haven’t looked like themselves the past couple weeks, but I think Mahomes has been held down long enough and he’s ready to ball out in prime time with Hill back.
If Sanders is healthy, which he seems to be, I think he is in a great spot here. Gotta block out the negative recency bias from his past couple games. We’ve seen Denver’s willingness to pass when trailing (Flacco 50 attempts week 2). 

I'm holding this guy only since he's about as likely to get traded to a WR-needy contender as anyone in the league. Godspeed if you're starting him in the meantime in this pop-gun offense. You're basically starting a boom-or-bust WR4 with a floor of 0. Same as starting one of the 49ers guys. 

Hopefully he ends up on the Pats. 

Edited by LongBalls
  • Thanks 1

Who's rolling him out there tonight? 2 bad games in a row, the last of which from what I understand was all due to the knee but they are saying he was a full go in practice. I gotta think the chiefs get back to their scoring ways and Denver is forced to throw a good amount, still on the fence with him though. 

6 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Who's rolling him out there tonight? 2 bad games in a row, the last of which from what I understand was all due to the knee but they are saying he was a full go in practice. I gotta think the chiefs get back to their scoring ways and Denver is forced to throw a good amount, still on the fence with him though. 

denver will try to increase the posession time and depend on run game to plod unless cheetah gets them up by 2 scores early. 

9 minutes ago, newyork2la said:

Can't bring myself to start him but also can't bring myself to drop him.  What the heck happened after the first few weeks!?!?

They don't throw a ton and you can't fault him for last game since he was injured. So excluding that one, he's put up three solid performances and two duds. Where he was being drafted he's doing pretty well, imo. In the games Flacco throws 30+ passes, Manny has a good game. If the script goes toward that way I'd say Manny has another good game. If they aren't playing catch up, Manny will likely not have a good game. This would probably be a game to play him in if you were going by the statistics.

Edited by FitzMagic