NBC Sports Edge Forums

Emmanuel Sanders 2019 Outlook

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I the only one not that excited? Jimmy hasn't looked great throwing the ball, and this offense isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. 

Double coverage most of the first half.   Denver demonstrating other weapons need to be accounted for will loosen things up.    Good score for manny week 1 considering.   

Had a 45 yard catch negated on a holding call and a reverse for 19 yards.  Plus a toe tap on the sideline that they called out.  Looked like Flacco was just trying to throw it away and Sanders made a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

RIP Pettis hype

finally

Au contraire.   Having Sanders means that the field should open up for Dante.   In just 24, he's gone from a bench stash to an every week starter.

Congrats to everyone who held on to Captain Pettis.

• Haha 1
Just now, oliminator123 said:

Am I the only one not that excited? Jimmy hasn't looked great throwing the ball, and this offense isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. 

I'm with you. Jimmy sucks and they want to run the ball. Coupled with a great defense (not many. if any, shootouts) this is the least desirable spot of any of the rumored trade partners. 

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Yes. Because Sanders was borderline droppable after watching Flacco play last week. Just so happy he got out of that terrible situation. The packers would’ve been a better landing spot, but beggars can’t be choosers. 

Just now, bhawks489 said:

What WRs on the 49ers were startabke before the sanders trade? I wouldn’t be too optimistic, just a slight bump from DEN

There weren't startable because they suck. Emmanuel Sanders is not that type of guy. I mean, when a TE is your lead receiver then there is obviously a problem with the talent.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

That's a superb landing spot for him. They have nothing after Kittle. Should have an immediate fantasy impact.

Think so? Seems like they want to limit JGs exposure to opposing Ds as much as possible. The guy probably averages 200 yards passing. I guess it could be a chicken or egg argument with him and argue they don’t throw much because he has no weapons, but with how that D and running game is, I don’t see a lot of throwing. Whereas, at least in Den, they need to throw, even if they are not good at it.

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What WRs on the 49ers were startabke before the sanders trade? I wouldn’t be too optimistic, just a slight bump from DEN

Agree.

I'm not sure he improves his value.  Yeah, Denver was ugly....But SF has been ugly for passing also.  Seems like a fairly lateral move to me.

Great move for Denver getting a 3rd and 4th rounder though for a 32 year old that wasn't in their future plans.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jamor said:

So which trade is more valuable.  Sanders on 49ers or Sanu on NE?

Sanu is much more valuable...

A second for Sanu to move the sticks and be a red zone target going to the team who has been after him since before the draft is gonna be a smash landing spot...

Sanders who is always dragging some body part going to a heavy run oriented team with a meh qb as a half year rental seems very "Golden Tate to the Eagles" to me...

If I had Sanders I'd trade him for Sanu in a second if I could...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I think the landing spot is okay, my bigger concern is building chemistry and getting acclimated to the playbook. I’d temper expectations for a start or two 

Scangerello (Denver's OC) worked under Shanahan before taking the job in Denver. I'd venture to guess a lot of the playbook, verbiage, and concepts are the same, meaning Sanders should make a quick transition

• Thanks 2

Anyone who thinks this is a downgrade hasn't watched enough Broncos. Flacco makes Jimmy G look like Brady.

Also SF run game has been crap since Juszcyk got injured.

If they're interested in that "contender" tag they better got the air game going, and I'm assuming Sanders will be a big part of that effort as outside of Kittle the SF pass catchers are also crap. 

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

IDK how the situation is any different...Kittle = Sutton this offense and Flacco has actually been doing BETTER than Jimmy G aside from last week....high-end WR3 at best...amari cooper is the exception to trades mid-season that work out

I'm guessing you're basing that statement purely off of total fantasy points because in no other way has Flacco been better than Garoppolo.. and that's only due to the 49ers having their bye already while Denver has not.

Not that Jimmy G is an otherworldly upgrade but at least he isn't going to be benched during the season the way Flacco very well might.

Edited by MoonBlaster