NBC Sports Edge Forums

Emmanuel Sanders 2019 Outlook

12 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

IDK how the situation is any different...Kittle = Sutton this offense and Flacco has actually been doing BETTER than Jimmy G aside from last week....high-end WR3 at best...amari cooper is the exception to trades mid-season that work out

That's a factor when you are changing offensive styles. Both Denver and SF run a similar offense. So here it will be how quick Manny picks up the plays. He isn't going into an offense that's unfamiliar to him. Manny said this himself today. He isn't really going into an unfamiliar offense.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I the only one not that excited? Jimmy hasn't looked great throwing the ball, and this offense isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. 

Double coverage most of the first half.   Denver demonstrating other weapons need to be accounted for will loosen things up.    Good score for manny week 1 considering.   

Had a 45 yard catch negated on a holding call and a reverse for 19 yards.  Plus a toe tap on the sideline that they called out.  Looked like Flacco was just trying to throw it away and Sanders made a

Posted Images

I have a question.

The 49ers had their bye already but Denver did not.  So....Sanders could (potentially) be playing 17 regular season games.  That's highly unlikely (I doubt he suits up this weekend) but who knows.

Would he get paid extra?  I'd complain if I were him!

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, jamor said:

So which trade is more valuable.  Sanders on 49ers or Sanu on NE?

I would say Sanders to SF in both real and fantasy football.  The pats are the pats and aren't gonna change the scheme for Sanu.  Plus like many I considered the Pats the favorites for the superbowl without Sanu.  While with the Niners Sanders should immediately come in as the number 2 option and gives them a realistic shot at the super bowl.  Which even as a niner fan I didn't see them beating NO or GB in playoffs with the receiving options they had.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I have a question.

The 49ers had their bye already but Denver did not.  So....Sanders could (potentially) be playing 17 regular season games.  That's highly unlikely (I doubt he suits up this weekend) but who knows.

I remember I had Amari last season and he was on his week 7 bye with the Raiders when he got traded to the Cowboys - where he immediately went on their week 8 bye.

6 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I have a question.

Lol thats a great question.  I think technically he gets stuck playing a extra game with no more compensation.  Considering I think players get paid weekly even when on a bye.

40 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

There weren't startable because they suck. Emmanuel Sanders is not that type of guy. I mean, when a TE is your lead receiver then there is obviously a problem with the talent.

Gronk was the leading receivers for patriots a bunch of years. Kittle just looks like a legit receiving weapon from the few 49ers games I’ve seen

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

Gronk was the leading receivers for patriots a bunch of years. Kittle just looks like a legit receiving weapon from the few 49ers games I’ve seen

Sure, but if you look at it I think the Patriots had two receivers with about 900 yards each. Gronk's best year I think Welker led the team in yards. I may be wrong, but I think the SF WRs don't even lead Kittle combined. SF receivers just suck.

• Like 1
Just now, goke said:

Jimmy G is game manager who will do what it takes to not lose the game....This move limits Sanders fantasy value

And if he's playing from the slot like is expected this plays right into the "game management". I really see no downside here. And the situation in Denver was worse.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Sure, but if you look at it I think the Patriots had two receivers with about 900 yards each. Gronk's best year I think Welker led the team in yards. I may be wrong, but I think the SF WRs don't even lead Kittle combined. SF receivers just suck.

Is it on the receivers not running good routes/drops?

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Welker did with over 1500 yds.  The Pats have only had 2 years this decade without a 1000 yd WR in 15 and 18.  Both of those years edelman was on pace on a per game average.  Just missed time with injuries and suspension.  Sf WR's so far are historically bad.

• Thanks 2
48 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

IDK how the situation is any different...Kittle = Sutton this offense and Flacco has actually been doing BETTER than Jimmy G aside from last week....high-end WR3 at best...amari cooper is the exception to trades mid-season that work out

6 touchdowns in 7 games for Flacco. No thanks. Jimmy G isn't this huge upgrade, but he's been better than Flacco this season for sure.

I was surprised that Shanny Jr didn’t consider Sanu since their time in ATL together. But it all makes sense now because they already swinging a deal for Sanders. 

IMO, good trade for Niners and Sanders. Improved their situation. 

31 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

6 touchdowns in 7 games isn't monumentally better than 7 touchdowns in 6 games. 

Did I not just say he isn’t some huge upgrade?

I don’t need to go into detail, so no need to be a smartass.

Flacco has 6TDs 8 turnovers on 230 attempts. Garoppolo 8TDs 8turnovers including an ugly game where the field was a mess and they ran, ran, ran. 49ers schedule will get tougher which means more passing. Flacco looked like the worst QB in the league last week.

Etc...

Just now, tpat30 said:

Did I not just say he isn’t some huge upgrade?

I don’t need to go into detail, so no need to be a smartass.

Flacco has 6TDs 8 turnovers on 230 attempts. Garoppolo 8TDs 8turnovers including an ugly game where the field was a mess and they ran, ran, ran. 49ers schedule will get tougher which means more passing. Flacco looked like the worst QB in the league last week.

Etc...

Sam Darnold.

17 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Sam Darnold.

Defense was playing with 13 players on the field last night though. 11 Patriots and 2 ghosts. So unfair.

But you're right, I thought of Sam right after I posted at. But Patriots > Chiefs defense.