Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jrue Holiday 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop reading so much into game 1. Jrue's name value was never high in fantasy, and the last few posts proves just that. If you're panicking, you're new. For the rest of y'all, buy low.

Just look at the names you listed again....Jrue will be just fine.

When he's on he puts up some absolutely filthy lines.

I will say that he’s been great after the slow start...but he does love TOs and missed FTs haha. I’ve just accepted that those are punted categories for me. It’s fun watching him gain more comfort as the lead dog even with Ingram (and Lonzo) back.  

Edited by AndreSplash
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AndreSplash said:

I will say that he’s been great after the slow start...but he does love TOs and missed FTs haha. I’ve just accepted that those are punted categories for me. It’s fun watching him gain more comfort as the lead dog even with Ingram (and Lonzo) back.  

His career FT is 78%.
What’s he shooting this season? 78%

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, XNW said:

Where did I say his line was horrible🤔🙄

he seems to love turnovers this season as he’s averaging 1 more than his career


but you know who you drafted. It’s like me taking Sabonis and commenting that he isn’t stealing or blocking enough. Jrue has always had shaky FT years and high TO. Last year he was high 70s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lifschitz said:


but you know who you drafted. It’s like me taking Sabonis and commenting that he isn’t stealing or blocking enough. Jrue has always had shaky FT years and high TO. Last year he was high 70s.

Yeah for sure. I think part of me fell into rotohype but at the same time the dec in ft percentage this season and inc in tos was a bit puzzling. It’s probably because I’ve been watching him play and wow some of these turnovers are like really sloppy passes or that he gets stripped outright from half court. It’s so strange

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 7:16 AM, Purple Hippo said:

These two posts prove my point as to how his stocks are being undervalued. He’s ranked in the top 25 per game over the last 2 weeks averaging only 15.5 points on 40 percent shooting. How is that possible?

It’s the 6.6 assists, 2.4 steals and 0.6 blocks. If he only gets to 20ppg on 45 percent shooting but maintains the same stock numbers and 6-7 assists that’s late first round value. Think Oldadipo from two years ago.

People overvalue points in a big way.

 

 

2 weeks later, his shooting has come up a bit to 44% and his stocks have maintained. The result?

20.4 PPG, 5.3 Rebs, 8.4 Assists,1.5 3PM, 2.3 Steals, 0.6 Blocks.

Good for a ranking of 4th overall in Yahoo 8 cat for the last 2 weeks. 

Amazingly his efficiency hasn't even come all the way back yet but he's still provided top 5 value. Shows just how valuable those stocks are. 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XNW said:

Yeah for sure. I think part of me fell into rotohype but at the same time the dec in ft percentage this season and inc in tos was a bit puzzling. It’s probably because I’ve been watching him play and wow some of these turnovers are like really sloppy passes or that he gets stripped outright from half court. It’s so strange

This isn’t a dip in FT%. He is a career 78% shooter, this is what he shoots from the line (mid-high 70’s).

The TOs are higher now, as he has the ball more in his hands than years past w/ AD around. Those will probably come down closer to career averages (3.8 this year, 3.1 last).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BringVancouverBack said:

What would you complain about if you had Giannis then? Guy has almost 5 a game with horrible free throw % and poor three point shooting, geez stop hating and appreciate that Jrue is a first round talent

lmao.

Thats why he's ranked 44 for the season, 73 last week. Last 4 games he's been averaging 5 TOs which is why I was talking about the high TOs. Its not hating. Is he your favorite player or something? You can't say anything negative?

https://basketballmonster.com/PlayerInfo.aspx?i=3004

I like him, I drafted him but his TOs have been killing me in the last few match ups.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RLDN106 said:

This isn’t a dip in FT%. He is a career 78% shooter, this is what he shoots from the line (mid-high 70’s).

The TOs are higher now, as he has the ball more in his hands than years past w/ AD around. Those will probably come down closer to career averages (3.8 this year, 3.1 last).

For sure,

I think his TOs may go down as the season goes on and more teammates become healthier. Just a bit infuriating to me on some of those TOs that could probably have been avoided lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, XNW said:

lmao.

Thats why he's ranked 44 for the season, 73 last week. Last 4 games he's been averaging 5 TOs which is why I was talking about the high TOs. Its not hating. Is he your favorite player or something? You can't say anything negative?

https://basketballmonster.com/PlayerInfo.aspx?i=3004

I like him, I drafted him but his TOs have been killing me in the last few match ups.

 

He's ranked 19th for season, 10th last week in 8 cat BBM rankings so the TOs do put a significant dent in his value.

Thank God I have him in 8 cat I guess.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, XNW said:

For sure,

I think his TOs may go down as the season goes on and more teammates become healthier. Just a bit infuriating to me on some of those TOs that could probably have been avoided lol.

Agree, would like to see that efficiency improve - he’s already boosted back his FG%, now time for the TOs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...