NBC Sports Edge Forums

Geronimo Allison 2019 Outlook

Seems to a lot of hype around Allison and MSV. Lately a lot of people/players around the Packers building him up. At his current ADP could be a steal. I’ve owned him in a couple dynasty leagues. Anyone else thinks if he stays heathy could be a solid WR2?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you drop this dude make sure you yell out ... GERONIMO !!!  MVS is clearly the 2nd receiver to own 

Overreacting to this extent week 1. Did some of you even watch the game? You gonna drop Adams too? Might as well drop Aaron Jones also.

Last one out please turn off the lights.

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Seems to a lot of hype around Allison and MSV. Lately a lot of people/players around the Packers building him up. At his current ADP could be a steal. I’ve owned him in a couple dynasty leagues. Anyone else thinks if he stays heathy could be a solid WR2?

Yes. He's going to play the Cooper Kupp role for Lafleur. He's going to be a beast, especially in PPR. One of the most overlooked breakout candidates in fantasy, IMO. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Geronimo Allison 2019 Outlook
5 minutes ago, bomont said:

Is that choice between him and Scantling a coin flip? I don't know much about either but a Rodgers WR late has appeal.

The problem to me is a bit that there are 4 candidates for that role:

- Allison

- MVS

- Equanimeous St Brown

- Jake Kumerow ("obviously 16")

From early reports MVS seems to have made strides and works hard, but we all know how much those early reports are worth. Still, out of these 4 I personally like him and Kumerow.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

The problem to me is a bit that there are 4 candidates for that role:

- Allison

- MVS

- Equanimeous St Brown

- Jake Kumerow ("obviously 16")

From early reports MVS seems to have made strides and works hard, but we all know how much those early reports are worth. Still, out of these 4 I personally like him and Kumerow.

It is Adams, MVS, and Allison pretty clearly now, and it will be crystal clear in the preseason as Rodgers says they have a lot of things to work out in the new offense in these roles in the preseason. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/nfl/status/1154455061805711360?s=21

Basically, Rodgers again repeating how much he likes and is impressed by MVS more than anybody else, and he is happy to get GMo back, and how Adams is a top 3 WR in the league. No thought or mention of any other WRs.

The roles are as good as known now that camp is started as:

X Adams

Z MVS

Y/Slot Allison

And there has, as you acknowledged, already been lots of talk all spring and summer, not just from Rodgers but from the coaching staff that MVS is “an every down player” and has remarkably improved. I’ve heard both Rodgers and coaches mention MVS is 6’4” and 4.3 guy. They are keenly aware of his potential, so he’s going to get every chance to be a fantasy WR2 this year, and he’s young and with Rodgers for hopefully 5+ more years, if you play dynasty.

Edited by elroypedro
41 minutes ago, bomont said:

Is that choice between him and Scantling a coin flip? I don't know much about either but a Rodgers WR late has appeal.

In all honestly both are costing double digit round picks so take both lol.  I’m on the Allison hype train as I was last year. Cobb played the slot and had some good years with Rodgers. Plus Rodgers is heathy finally. I think he’s in-line for a great year. WR2 numbers possibly for his adp is fine with me. 

Geronimo Allison reports to training camp as starting slot receiver. (Source: Rob Demovsky on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact: Allison confirmed that he will spend the majority of his time operating out of the slot in 2019. The Packers' three-receiver sets will feature Devante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Allison, and the No. 2 job behind Adams looks to be up for grabs at this point, making both Allison and MVS valuable fantasy draft selections.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bomont said:

Good stuff here, thx. My league isn't as big or deep probably as most, but I still like checking out those late-round picks. You never know you might get another Lindsey or whatever.

I think if your drafting late August he won’t be a late pick anymore. 😁

2 minutes ago, bomont said:

I doubt that.

Yeah why would a starting wr playing in one of the best offenses ADP rise out of the double digits rounds. The man was top 24 before getting hurt last year making him a WR2 in 12 teams. The man is going to catch a lot of passes in ppr leagues

We're 10 teams, making him WR3 and they go pretty late, and we don't know how he pans out this year with Scantling as competition for those touches after Adams (etc). We also don't know that GB will have one of the best offenses, though I wouldn't be surprised. 

Edited by bomont
1 hour ago, UcanTry said:

Yeah why would a starting wr playing in one of the best offenses ADP rise out of the double digits rounds. The man was top 24 before getting hurt last year making him a WR2 in 12 teams. The man is going to catch a lot of passes in ppr leagues

And, he now has a coach who absolutely loves big slot WRs. 

He was the offensive coordinator who made 6'2" Kupp a major success in his rookie year for the Rams. 

Last year, he put 6'2" Tajae Sharpe in the slot. Not exactly a success, but Sharpe had 10 RZ targets last year. 2nd on the team to Corey Davis. 

Now he has 6'3" Allison in the slot. Dude is going to get plenty of targets, and I personally guarantee no one on the team other than Adams will have more red zone targets. 

Allison is basically Mike Williams a gazillion rounds later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
14 hours ago, dogfightgiggle said:

MVS definitely looked more athlete than football player to me.  I don't know if that changes in one off-season.  

Comparing the sample size which was lsat year:

MSV 38/581/2 in 15 games

Allison 30/303/2 in 5 games 

Nothing against MSV but Allision is better bet for Fantasy in PPR. He was on his way, like I have said in other posts, to a great season. He’s going to play the slot and i cant stop thinking about a healthy Rodgers and Cobb did, and for his current ADP is an absolute steel. 

IMO i think MSV is going to be that guy who give you 5 points this week, 4 points another and then 30 one week. I just feel he’s going to stretch the field and be boom or bust while Allision will catch a lot of passes. 

• Like 2

I consider Allison to be borderline draftable right now as he is the #3 wr behind Davante Adams and Valdes-Scantling.  Someone has to emerge between Allison and Scantling but it's hard to say who it will be.  Both guys are talented.

Just now, sjm76 said:

I consider Allison to be borderline draftable right now as he is the #3 wr in the pecking order behind Davante Adams and Valdes-Scantling.  Someone has to emerge between Allison and Scantling as the #2 wr but it's hard to say who it will be.  Both guys are talented.

On 7/23/2019 at 9:53 PM, UcanTry said:

Yes. He's the clear starting slot WR.  

Either him or MVS will finish as a top-24 WR.  I'm betting on Allison and his better chemistry with Rodgers. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Yes. He's the clear starting slot WR.  

Either him or MVS will finish as a top-24 WR.  I'm betting on Allison and his better chemistry with Rodgers. 

This is the Green Bay Packers with Rodgers.  Yes, he is an egomaniac.  Yes, he is his own worse enemy.  But, this is Aaron Rodgers and this offense could literally blow up  (Oh, Bears, Vikings D two times a year...s---)....Anyways.  I think there is room to share.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 10:04 PM, dudewithabadcat said:

This is the Green Bay Packers with Rodgers.  Yes, he is an egomaniac.  Yes, he is his own worse enemy.  But, this is Aaron Rodgers and this offense could literally blow up  (Oh, Bears, Vikings D two times a year...s---)....Anyways.  I think there is room to share.  

I dunno.  If there is a clear cut guy between MVS and Allison, then you get that guy, but I would avoid both unless I know one of them is going to get consistent targets.

We know Davante is going to be a target hog so it's doubtful that either MVS or Allison clears 800 yards if they are both sharing his leftovers.  The RB's and TE's will get their yards, leaving not much left. 

Unless one emerges as the true #2, we will see very up and down box scores from them and neither will be startable.  Sure you may get a 100 yard and TD game, but you'll suffer through 2-3 games of 2 catches for 30 yards.  Really hard to start a guy like that.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I dunno.  If there is a clear cut guy between MVS and Allison, then you get that guy, but I would avoid both unless I know one of them is going to get consistent targets.

We know Davante is going to be a target hog so it's doubtful that either MVS or Allison clears 800 yards if they are both sharing his leftovers.  The RB's and TE's will get their yards, leaving not much left. 

Unless one emerges as the true #2, we will see very up and down box scores from them and neither will be startable.  Sure you may get a 100 yard and TD game, but you'll suffer through 2-3 games of 2 catches for 30 yards.  Really hard to start a guy like that.

There are plenty of offenses that can support multiple wr in fantasy and well they don’t have Arod. Not to mention Rodgers has a history in the past supporting multiple wrs. Rodgers made James Jones a thing  lol. 

Allison was on pace for well over 900 yards last year prior to getting hurt. 300 yards in 5 games, which was really 4 since he got hurt. Allison is going to be playing the slot and is going to be a great PPR option. Adams will draw double coverage and Rodgers trusts Allison. Considering with adp he’s a steal. His adp is wr41 and being drafted later then the 9th round. 

Edited by UcanTry
  • Like 1

Take this FWIW. 

We (Houston) got a radio guy out there covering Packers and Texans currently cause they're having joint practices. 

He says that 1 of 3 things are currently happening with Packers. 

1.  Texans DBs have taken the next step and are shutting them down

2.  Packers WRs (outside of Adams) aren't really that good

3.  Rodgers is not comfortable and isn't doing well in this new offense right now

Since everyone in the NFL knows the Texans DBs are bottom 5 in league the belief is that it's a combination of 2 and 3.

It's still early, but it gave me a bit of pause for concern because I'm pretty high on Geronimo this year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

3.  Rodgers is not comfortable and isn't doing well in this new offense right now

As a Rodgers owner I refuse to hear this. LALALALAQLAQLALALALALA.

To be fair though, he was also VERY uncomfortable last season, and was vocal about that too.

13 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Take this FWIW. 

We (Houston) got a radio guy out there covering Packers and Texans currently cause they're having joint practices. 

He says that 1 of 3 things are currently happening with Packers. 

1.  Texans DBs have taken the next step and are shutting them down

2.  Packers WRs (outside of Adams) aren't really that good

Since everyone in the NFL knows the Texans DBs are bottom 5 in league the belief is that it's a combination of 2 and 3.

It's still early, but it gave me a bit of pause for concern because I'm pretty high on Geronimo this year. 

Thanks for the info, hopefully preseason gives us more insight

• Like 1