NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Offered Trout? WHIR 100%

mocha4313

Shallow points league that punishes Ks, rewards walks and devalues speed. Generally, hitters with decent average, power potential, good RBI/run production and solid plate discipline benefit, though pitching is favored over hitting. There is a starts limit of 12 per week so with a huge amount of starters-becomes a bit hard to use them all.

Have been offered the following deals:

Give: Judge, Gerrit Cole, Strasburg

Get: Trout, Beiber, Berrios, Soroka

And- the same deal pretty much but no Strasburg or Beiber so

Give Judge and Cole

Get Trout, Berrios and Soroka

I would cut my streaming slot so nothing lost there. Soroka's innings limit is a bit of a worry but I feel like having Woodruff and hopefully Weaver off the DL in case of a shutdown helps. Giving up Cole is a tough pill to swallow considering he is pretty much a lock for 25-30 points (tied for number 1 SP in the league) when he pitches as is losing Judge with his incredible Statcast and 60+% hard hit rate  but getting Trout is tempting.

Which of these deals should I go for, if either? Does my hitting need this boost? Can my pitching take the hit?

Rest of my team

C- Grandal 1B: Rizzo 2B: Hiura SS: Lindor 3B: Matt Chapman CINF: Olson MINF: Story

OF: Judge, Soto, Yordan, Meadows, Laureano UTIL: Hunter Dozier

BN: Eloy Jimenez (DL), Luis Urias

SP: Gerrit Cole, Snell, Sale, Strasburg, Nola, Paxton, Giolito, Sonny Gray, (Stream)

BN: Woodruff (DL) DL: Luke Weaver

Pretty torn on these deals but could use some thoughts because I could see whether I make this move pretty much determining the rest of my season.

I decline both deals. Pitching league and  I don't think dealing away from strength of SP to flop Judge n Trout is worth it.

deal 1... Cole and Stras OR Bieber, Berrios, Soroka 

and switch Trout and Judge.

Cole and Stras are elite levels again this year.

deal 2... Cole or Berrios / Soroka

Judge for.trout flip

No deal. 

Edited by zstlj
  • Thanks 1

Definitely wouldn’t do the first, but I think I would the second. Judge is great, but Trout is the best and while it sucks to lose Cole, Soroka and Berrios are good. That said, I‘m hesitating over you saying that pitchers are worth more in the league as in that case the drop-off in pitching may not be acceptable. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Thenewwildone8 said:

Definitely wouldn’t do the first, but I think I would the second. Judge is great, but Trout is the best and while it sucks to lose Cole, Soroka and Berrios are good. That said, I‘m hesitating over you saying that pitchers are worth more in the league as in that case the drop-off in pitching may not be acceptable. 

After Snell's news, I am really hesitant to take a hit on pitching. May have to make a move for another arm if anything. Thanks for the help.

Not bad offers on paper, but for your league setup I'm not sure you need a hitting upgrade bad enough to take a hit in SP as valuable as it is. Your team has a really solid mix already of offense and pitching, I like being stud heavy in SP for this league. If you were looking into making a deal I would consider 2. 

• Thanks 1