NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trade hitting for pitching? WHIR 100%

mocha4313

Shallow redraft points league where my once strong pitching has taken a major hit with Woodruff and Snell getting hurt (also stashing Weaver in my only DL slot)

Shopping around a second tier ace or at least a quality arm down the stretch and wondering if an offer of either Olson or Hunter Dozier plus Laureano or Eloy (all players I have gotten offers for over the last week) could net me anything in that range.

Would any of Clevinger, Corbin, Price, Caleb Smith, Boyd, Lynn, German, Minor, Flaherty, Hendricks, E-Rod, Wheeler, Robbie Ray or Maeda be decent targets? Or am I aiming too high?

Some of these guys are on an inactive team (Clevinger-probably my favorite but admittedly a reach, Erod, Ray and Hendricks) so I would have to build a fair deal to avoid pissing off the rest of my league. The active owners are going to be tougher to get a guy from because they know they are in a place of strength so really need to put together a decent trade either way.

Should I pursue one of these options to bolster my pitching or just hold and hope for the best from my current rotation? Drop a link and WHIR

Rest of my team

C- Grandal 1B: Rizzo 2B: Hiura SS: Lindor 3B: Matt Chapman CINF: Olson MINF: Story

OF: Judge, Soto, Yordan, Meadows, Laureano UTIL: Hunter Dozier

BN: Eloy Jimenez (DL)

SP: Gerrit Cole, Sale, Strasburg, Nola, Paxton, Giolito, Sonny Gray, Gallen, Reynaldo Lopez

BN: Snell (DL), Woodruff (DL) DL: Luke Weaver

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Shallow redraft points league where my once strong pitching has taken a major hit with Woodruff and Snell getting hurt (also stashing Weaver in my only DL slot)

Shopping around a second tier ace or at least a quality arm down the stretch and wondering if an offer of either Olson or Hunter Dozier plus Laureano or Eloy (all players I have gotten offers for over the last week) could net me anything in that range.

Would any of Clevinger, Corbin, Price, Caleb Smith, Boyd, Lynn, German, Minor, Flaherty, Hendricks, E-Rod, Wheeler, Robbie Ray or Maeda be decent targets? Or am I aiming too high?

Some of these guys are on an inactive team (Clevinger-probably my favorite but admittedly a reach, Erod, Ray and Hendricks) so I would have to build a fair deal to avoid pissing off the rest of my league. The active owners are going to be tougher to get a guy from because they know they are in a place of strength so really need to put together a decent trade either way.

Should I pursue one of these options to bolster my pitching or just hold and hope for the best from my current rotation? Drop a link and WHIR

Rest of my team

C- Grandal 1B: Rizzo 2B: Hiura SS: Lindor 3B: Matt Chapman CINF: Olson MINF: Story

OF: Judge, Soto, Yordan, Meadows, Laureano UTIL: Hunter Dozier

BN: Eloy Jimenez (DL)

SP: Gerrit Cole, Sale, Strasburg, Nola, Paxton, Giolito, Sonny Gray, Gallen, Reynaldo Lopez

BN: Snell (DL), Woodruff (DL) DL: Luke Weaver

You're team looks pretty good, and if you are set on making a trade for a pitcher I think you can afford it, but for me it would only be Clevinger, Corbin, Price, Hendricks, Ray. Possibly a couple others if they get traded. 

• Thanks 1

You might be able to buy low on German after his last outing or maybe C. Smith.  In most points leagues though pitching rules the roost and most owners won't deal their pitching. You got a solid 6 starters as it is so if you can't swing a deal just work the WW when you need extra starts.  Thanks for mine!

• Thanks 1

Honestly looking at your pitching at I'd think you're looking good. Keep Olson and Laureano and I'd try and package Dozier and Eloy and try to get anyone after the first 6 names that you listed, as those first guys are gonna command a high price. 

• Thanks 1