NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe DJ is PItts #1 WR ROS, for whatever that's worth. 

No but considering it on Monday

Damn  

8 minutes ago, theantishere said:

Juju potentially not playing has to hurt more than it helps right?

Only one way to find out. You’d think so. But who are they gonna target if Juju is out? Cause they’re going to have to throw unless they can start replicating the success of their defense against the red rocket. But if I’m not mistaken, Daltons already sub par excitement goes nuclear when he’s on primetime. Like he is grade A garbage on the big stage.

6 hours ago, theantishere said:

Disagree. The more targets the better. It's not like he's only a deep threat that needs the middle of the field cleared.

11 hours ago, theantishere said:

Volume is king for wideouts in fantasy football, said this a million times in every thread and I'll keep saying it until you all understand it

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Maroney's Bolgna said:

"JuJu Smith-Schuster called himself questionable for Sunday. He said he did the bare minimum today at practice. It’s the same toe that bothered him heading into Week 1."

per verified Steelers twitter beat reporter account: https://twitter.com/missi_matthews

That's not good when you call yourself questionable.

• Haha 2

I think you're gonna wanna start him this weekend.  If you look at how WR2's have done vs Baltimore (the other WR covered by Marlon Humphrey is pretty consistently shut down), the results tell you that WR2 can eat and with the limited sample size we've had - Mason Rudolph can get it to Diontae

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jonasdash said:

I think you're gonna wanna start him this weekend.  If you look at how WR2's have done vs Baltimore (the other WR covered by Marlon Humphrey is pretty consistently shut down), the results tell you that WR2 can eat and with the limited sample size we've had - Mason Rudolph can get it to Diontae

what if juju sits and dionate becomes the wr1?

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

what if juju sits and dionate becomes the wr1?

I'd avoid the Steelers receivers entirely.  Ravens run D is plenty soft and without Juju to draw coverage, I wouldn't trust any of the others to be able to beat Humphrey or be good enough to be a fantasy start opposite at WR2

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He was dropped in our league and I scooped him up as a deep wr3 play. Anything here? He was producing like a wr2 for a few weeks 

I think there could be some WR3 value there with Rudolph taking over again. He was getting a healthy dose of targets. 

He's a guy I'm keeping on my bench this week and will likely drop if Rudolph plays and he can't produce against the Dolphins. If that occurs, it's just going to be impossible to trust him going forward against real defenses. Just becomes a dart throw type player.

Kid looked electric tonight that catch called back for OPI was insane. 4 games with Rudolph 3 touchdowns.

6 or more targets with Rudolph once diontae moved up on depth chart.

Was disappointed he wasn't on the field for higher percentage of snaps but he eats. Think he is top 30 Ros.

• Haha 1

For those that didn't watch the game, rotoworld mentioned the BS offensive PI he lost about 40 yards on, but they didn't mentioned a barely overthrown ball in the second half that would have been about a 60 yard walk in score and would have gotten him to about 30 PPR points. Rudolph took a lot more shots down the field against Miami. I think his arrow is definitely pointing up. 

• Like 1

Just picked this guy up, he is now the solidified no 2 receiver for PIT, and should put the numbers up we hoped Donte Moncrief was going to do at the beginning of the year.

HE is an absolute stud, and his numbers are really going to steady up and improve ROS.    Think last years Tyler Boyd/ Chris Godwin.

I am all in on this WR and if you can get him do it NOW.  He has had Steady targets all , he is a sneaky add this week as they are playing the IND Colts. I just snuck him into my starting lineup.

Edited by Sivaro
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Sivaro said:

Just picked this guy up, he is now the solidified no 2 receiver for PIT, and should put the numbers up we hoped Donte Moncrief was going to do at the beginning of the year.

HE is an absolute stud, and his numbers are really going to steady up and improve ROS.    Think last years Tyler Boyd/ Chris Godwin.

I am all in on this WR and if you can get him do it NOW.  He has had Steady targets all , he is a sneaky add this week as they are playing the IND Colts. I just snuck him into my starting lineup.

Agreed. His young QB has confidence in him to make plays and it has shown ever since Mason was thrusted into the starting position. Sit back and enjoy the WR3 w/WR2 upside ride!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, sjm76 said:

[...] I think that with Rudolph in, he's a wr3 with wr2 upside.

If we see any improvement in Rudolph he quickly slides into WR2 range.    At this stage in the game, finding a player with steady points and upside on the waiver wire is all you can ask for.

Diontae is free in most leagues.