NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe DJ is PItts #1 WR ROS, for whatever that's worth. 

No but considering it on Monday

Damn  

I realize you can’t really say take that TD away and what do you have, because every play counts. But I think in this case it’s fair to say since he only had a 44% snap count. Snap count has been wildly inconsistent all year. He strikes me as your classic boom or bust type of guy moving forward. 

21 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

I realize you can’t really say take that TD away and what do you have, because every play counts. But I think in this case it’s fair to say since he only had a 44% snap count. Snap count has been wildly inconsistent all year. He strikes me as your classic boom or bust type of guy moving forward. 

They were running out of that huge formation with no WRs out there a bunch. I bet DJ was out there for 75-80% of passing plays. 

1 hour ago, LuckyLukas said:

Steelers not playing all-blitz Dolphins every week and Cincy just once...if not the stupid call by Dolphins, he would be on page 5 of this forum

If we want to play the what if game, we could say he would have another ~40 yard catch if not for a very questionable OPI call that doesn’t get called 90+ percent of the time. And he would have had ~ 60yd TD catch if the pass would have been about a yard shorter and if all these what if scenarios happened, his thread would be on page 1.

• Like 3

Correct ^ You can actually watch the games and see his talent jump off the screen. He basically looks like a young Antonio Brown in his stature, body control, route running. The only issue is going to be targets and quality of targets. That's a reasonable concern with Rudolph, no one should debate that.

• Thanks 1
Just now, nromn said:

If we want to play the what if game, we could say he would have another ~40 yard catch if not for a very questionable OPI call that doesn’t get called 90+ percent of the time. And he would have had ~ 60yd TD catch if the pass would have been about a yard shorter and if all these what if scenarios happened, his thread would be on page 1.

this ^

man, the kid is electric, straight freakin' GAS. 

and Rudolph seems to luv him. 

selling the guy short os a fool's errand 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, nromn said:

Well to be completely fair if the 40 yard reception stood then the 45 yard td doesn’t happen because they were the same drive. But yeah he was several feet in the clear when Rudolph overthrew him on the missed longer td you referenced. And that’s what he does- gets open and often times wide open. He also would have had another 10-15 yard catch but slipped working his way back to the ball after shaking free. He’s a player.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Bmore86 said:

Well to be completely fair if the 40 yard reception stood then the 45 yard td doesn’t happen because they were the same drive. But yeah he was several feet in the clear when Rudolph overthrew him on the missed longer td you referenced. And that’s what he does- gets open and often times wide open. He also would have had another 10-15 yard catch but slipped working his way back to the ball after shaking free. He’s a player.

Quit with your logic! We’re dealing with hypotheticals and pretends here!

Anyways, just be glad a couple more things didn’t hit just right for him so that you can probably pick him up for free instead of his thread being hot and every FFB expert touting him as the #1 ww pickup.

Edited by nromn
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, nromn said:

yeah..every third week he is open at will..so now we have to wait for Cincy to see him getting open again..will wait for Cincy to pick him up 

Weeks 1 and 2 are outliers due to Johnson not in the starting line-up, and weeks 5 and 6 are also outliers due to Rudolph going down early and Pittsburgh playing/starting it's 3rd string QB.

So...

Week 3: 3/61/1 on 6 targets and 1 rush for 6yds (14.8pts) vs San Francisco DST *currently ranked #1 vs the pass

Week 4: 6/71/1 on 6 targets (17.7pts) vs Cincy DST *currently ranked 22nd vs the pass

Week 5 and 6: Push for the entire Pittsburgh offense

Week 7: BYE

Week 8: 5/84/1 on 7 targets (19.4pts) vs Miami DST *currently ranked 20th vs the pass

Weeks 9-16, Pittsburgh plays vs the 15th, 18th, 7th, 22nd, 7th, 29th, 3rd and 24th ranked DST vs the Pass. That equates to:

3 plus match-ups vs Pass DST *weeks 12, 14 and 16 (2 in the playoffs) (see weeks 4 and 8 results)

2 neutral /average match-ups vs Pass DST *weeks 9 and 10

3 negative match-ups vs Pass DST *weeks 11, 13 and 15 (see week 3 results)

It's amazing the information/knowledge that can be gained from performing research.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

so when he is not producing, it is an outlier..nice logic...I was looking for Miami as an outlier..but nah..

also your logic seems skewed - hard to say it's a push for offense when your team scores 23/24 points..he did nothing against Ravens.

also Week 2 his off snap % was higher than week 8.

• Haha 1
On 10/31/2019 at 12:17 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this ^

man, the kid is electric, straight freakin' GAS. 

and Rudolph seems to luv him. 

selling the guy short os a fool's errand 🤔

If ben is back next year kid will eat more

5 hours ago, sSektor said:

Was Moncrief even getting snaps the last few weeks?

Yes he was, but DJ was already much more involved in the passing game. This helps, but it's not a huge deal. 

Hard to trust Johnson this week against a good defense and with Conner hurt. I don't see a lot of points being scored in this game. 

• Like 1
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 3:27 PM, FollowTheLeader said:

Weeks 1 and 2 are outliers due to Johnson not in the starting line-up, and weeks 5 and 6 are also outliers due to Rudolph going down early and Pittsburgh playing/starting it's 3rd string QB.

So...

Week 3: 3/61/1 on 6 targets and 1 rush for 6yds (14.8pts) vs San Francisco DST *currently ranked #1 vs the pass

Week 4: 6/71/1 on 6 targets (17.7pts) vs Cincy DST *currently ranked 22nd vs the pass

Week 5 and 6: Push for the entire Pittsburgh offense

Week 7: BYE

Week 8: 5/84/1 on 7 targets (19.4pts) vs Miami DST *currently ranked 20th vs the pass

Weeks 9-16, Pittsburgh plays vs the 15th, 18th, 7th, 22nd, 7th, 29th, 3rd and 24th ranked DST vs the Pass. That equates to:

3 plus match-ups vs Pass DST *weeks 12, 14 and 16 (2 in the playoffs) (see weeks 4 and 8 results)

2 neutral /average match-ups vs Pass DST *weeks 9 and 10

3 negative match-ups vs Pass DST *weeks 11, 13 and 15 (see week 3 results)

It's amazing the information/knowledge that can be gained from performing research.

this is why I traded for him

he's been damn good when he's starting and Rudolph's playing

great late season add if you can get him