NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe DJ is PItts #1 WR ROS, for whatever that's worth. 

No but considering it on Monday

Damn  

4 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

took a helmet to helmet hit and was bleeding from the ear. never seen that before.  Is that a concussion symptom?

I've seen a lot of NFL concussions, but have never seen bleeding from the ear. I think it's a death symptom.

7 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

took a helmet to helmet hit and was bleeding from the ear. never seen that before.  Is that a concussion symptom?

Yes it is. From what I was reading online, it can also indicate a skill fracture. 

• Thanks 1

Surely this guy is out multiple weeks, right?  I think he's droppable, if not for injury alone, but for the sad and obvious fact that Mason Rudolph is not an NFL QB.  He is a boy playing amongst men.

5 minutes ago, CooL said:

Surely this guy is out multiple weeks, right?  I think he's droppable, if not for injury alone, but for the sad and obvious fact that Mason Rudolph is not an NFL QB.  He is a boy playing amongst men.

Yeah, in redraft, there's no real reason to hold. Let's just hope the kid is okay. 

20 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Returned to practice today, despite having his brain crushed like a grape on Thursday. 

Kinda on the WR3 radar if he starts, and Juju sits. 

I would say more of a WR4/5.  One hard hit might knock him for the game.

57 minutes ago, herschel said:

I would say more of a WR4/5.  One hard hit might knock him for the game.

Maybe...But can't one hard or wrong hit knock anybody out the game?

I don't know his history and if he's had a history of concussions or not.  But he's a young dude so thinking he bounces back quickly.  Full practice early in the week is a good sign.  And gotta remember they've had 3 extra days due to the Thursday game so he's had more time to clear the cobwebs out.

I'm desperate this week on one league at WR and have eyes on him as a decent possible fill in.  I mean, with Juju probably out it would seem like he's a decent start if he's cleared and plays.  At least as good as many of the other dart throw guys I'm looking at in my 14 teamer.  If JuJu somehow plays though, all bets are off and I'd be looking elsewhere.

Obviously though, the Steelers passing game is pretty low ceiling stuff any way you spin it.  

It would be a little surprising to see this kid be able to play this weekend, but then again, it's the same organization that allowed James Conner back to the field when he clearly wasn't ready. 

I find it a little curious that there hasn't been any comments from the team about why he was bleeding from his ear.  Did something break?  Has he experienced (temporary) hearing loss?  Did he have any imaging?  I get that a lot of that is protected patient confidentiality info, but seems like usually with any major injury, we get some type of medical imaging report ("Xray revealed no fracture", etc.)

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

It would be a little surprising to see this kid be able to play this weekend, but then again, it's the same organization that allowed James Conner back to the field when he clearly wasn't ready. 

I find it a little curious that there hasn't been any comments from the team about why he was bleeding from his ear.  Did something break?  Has he experienced (temporary) hearing loss?  Did he have any imaging?  I get that a lot of that is protected patient confidentiality info, but seems like usually with any major injury, we get some type of medical imaging report ("Xray revealed no fracture", etc.)

concussions can lead to bleeding, mostly from the ear. 

true chit - i got hit with a frozen ham some 25 years ago and bled from my eye socket.  concussion. 

the dome doesn't take well to noggin knocks, and this kid's was brutal enuff to elicit that kinda carnage.

• Haha 2

Anyone seen updates if he's cleared concussion protocol?

I know he's been practicing in full.  If somebody practices in full, is that basically saying he's cleared the last stage of the protocol?  

Just trying to decide if he's good to go this week.  Feeling like he could be a decent dart throw with JuJu out.