NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe DJ is PItts #1 WR ROS, for whatever that's worth. 

No but considering it on Monday

Damn  

Written prior to him being cleared....looks like a decent floor?

Diontae Johnson: He’s currently in the concussion protocol and it’s unsure if he’ll play, though the additional three days should help him get cleared. He’d return to a great matchup against the Bengals, who’ve allowed at least 11.3 PPR points to 10-of-11 receivers who’ve seen more than five targets. Johnson has recorded more than five targets in 5-of-8 games with Rudolph under center, and that was with Smith-Schuster on the field. Teams haven’t felt the need to throw very much against the Bengals and it’s led to them seeing an NFL-low 15.3 wide receiver targets per game. Even so, that’d be enough for Johnson to get his. Stay tuned to updates that I post on Saturday, as we’ll have a better idea on how the Steelers receiver corps is doing and who’s expected to play. If Johnson plays and Smith-Schuster sits, he can be played as a high-end WR4 who should offer a stable floor

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:22 PM, bigbluecrew56 said:

He's cleared to play. I'm rolling him out. He'll be Rudolph's primary option in a great matchup. He played well versus Cincy when that secondary was healthy.

Might just be the two of us but I'm going with him too, bc...well nothing else I've done at WR has worked this year.  Being in a return yds league helps also I guess.  Hoping he'll get KR's as well the PR's per usual with Switzer and that Brooks-James kid gone now.  GL to you.

• 3 weeks later...