NBC Sports Edge Forums

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Trey Quinn has the slot receiver role "locked down."

There is PPR value here. He had a nice game last year before going down with an injury. The slot WR for Washington might be the only fantasy relevant WR on their team this year.

In PPR and half PPR he is certainly worth a look as a last pick in drafts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Trey Quinn 2019 Outlook
5 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Just needs to prove he can stay healthy and should be inline for a very reasonable target share and some solid PPR WR3 type value.

Crowder did 66/789/3 in 2017.  QB situation is nonsense here, but the other receivers are somehow less inspiring than this former Mr. Irrelevant.  Wouldn't shock me if he managed to meet that reception total or even beat it.

16 minutes ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Crowder did 66/789/3 in 2017.  QB situation is nonsense here, but the other receivers are somehow less inspiring than this former Mr. Irrelevant.  Wouldn't shock me if he managed to meet that reception total or even beat it.

75 for 900 and 4 TDs? Or too much?

Will Trey return punts for Washington?

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

75 for 900 and 4 TDs? Or too much?

Will Trey return punts for Washington?

Probably too much, but I think it could happen if Keenum starts.

He probably handles some returns every week, but he's not real dynamic back there obviously.

7 hours ago, dogfightgiggle said:

"Probably too much, but I think it could happen if Keenum starts. He probably handles some returns every week, but he's not real dynamic back there obviously."

Not a guy you have to draft, but I did because he has a chance. At the same time I can let him go should a better player become available, but go back to Quinn. To me, Colt McCoy makes the most sense at QB, brings a high football IQ, short accuracy & accordingly, has mastered Gruden's system. Both McCoy & Quinn were 2nd string players for a good portion of last season & likely have a good rapport. Keenum brings NFL experience, but I think he should be the backup plan. 

12 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

Not a guy you have to draft, but I did because he has a chance. At the same time I can let him go should a better player become available, but go back to Quinn. To me, Colt McCoy makes the most sense at QB, brings a high football IQ, short accuracy & accordingly, has mastered Gruden's system. Both McCoy & Quinn were 2nd string players for a good portion of last season & likely have a good rapport. Keenum brings NFL experience, but I think he should be the backup plan. 

Colt McCoy should be the third option. Haskins easily offers them the most upside with Keenum being the more consistent backup. Trey Quinn could be a really solid WR 4/5 in ppr. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2019 at 2:45 PM, hagen910 said:

any skins fans out there with some inside info on this guy

Yea, he's the talk of the town for the wr core. They cut ties with Doctson and the starting wrs are a very shabby Richardson, McLaurin, and Quin. Reed is one concussion away from retirement and always one minor injury away from non-production.  Quin is far and away my favorite to lead the skins in targets and receptions, and probably receiving yards and tds as well.  Even in a draft with majority skin fans, he fell to me in basically the last round.  

1 minute ago, mikeflavaz said:

Yea, he's the talk of the town for the wr core. They cut ties with Doctson and the starting wrs are a very shabby Richardson, McLaurin, and Quin. Reed is one concussion away from retirement and always one minor injury away from non-production.  Quin is far and away my favorite to lead the skins in targets and receptions, and probably receiving yards and tds as well.  Even in a draft with majority skin fans, he fell to me in basically the last round.  

I thought McLaurin was the talk of the town in terms of their WRs? 

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

I thought McLaurin was the talk of the town in terms of their WRs? 

Depends who you are listening to I suppose.  I think it's interesting that McLaurin is thrusted into the starting lineup as a rookie.  He had a solid camp and preseason. I think most though are talking up Quin at slot as the safety blanket.  Most don't expect McLaurin to be too productive his rookie year with the qbs he has.  We'll see how it shakes out.  More than likely, no wr on this team is worth a roster spot, though if there's one guy that is, my money is on Quin, especially in ppr.     

• Like 1

The talk of the town is how crappy this WR core is. And how good the DL might be. But someone has to catch passes besides Reed if he even plays many games this season so it's not a bad strategy to roster one of these guys out of Richardson, Quinn and McLaurin but who knows what the split will be

2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Keenum loves throwing to his slot receivers - Sanders was killing it last year before he got hurt. Obviously this offence looks awful but there could be some nice value here.

What Keenum loves to do vs. what Keenum is capable of are diametrically opposed

I think this guy is going to be one of the top adds after Week 1, grab him now while he’s free.  At least worth a gamble..

Could be money in PPR

Redskins have lack of pass catchers

He is playing slot and Keenum loves the slot WR

Reminds me of Adam Theilen situation - not that he is as talented as him , and who was his Qb?

• Like 3

All those fantasy expert, I saw ONE talking about him A MONTH ago and he was just a random dude on youtube with 3.2k subs lol ... For me he is the true sleeper. Once you have done 1 year in fantasy football paying for those "expert" is ludicrous. But its like Poker there's always a new fish at the table punting his money 

Edited by ItsMeMario
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, kco734 said:

6 targets out of the slot. McLaurin is getting all the attention and rightfully so. Should we pick this guy up? 

McLaurin is the hot add, but Quinn might be the better more consistent receiver of the two. I'm holding them both until the situation becomes more clear. 

• 3 weeks later...

With McLaurin looking to be OUT Sunday, Trey could be a sneaky last minute grab and start, especially in PPR leagues.

Could be looking at 10+ targets in what should be a shootout against a historically bad secondary.

Hello fellow McLaurin-ites with limited options in leagues where Paul Richardson is already rostered!

There are certainly worse dart throws than Quinn this week assuming Richardson sits. At least the targets are there and he is in line for some increased opportunity in a plus match up? This is probably just me trying to convince myself.

Edited by b_23
Spelling and jokes
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, b_23 said:

Hello fellow McLaurin-ites with limited options in leagues where Paul Richardson is already rostered!

There are certainly worse dart throws than Quinn this week assuming Richardson sits. At least the targets are there and he is in line for some increased opportunity in a plus match up? This is probably just me trying to convince myself.

Wait is Richardson hurt? Says hes healthy on ESPN. Or did you mean Terry?