Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Devin Singletary might be out of the league before Gore retires.

I know his athletic numbers look pedestrian.  But take a look at his scouting report.  from https://www.rotoworld.com/article/evaluations/nfl-draft-rb-rankings?page=1 He was Thor Nystroms # 3 RB

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

What’s the Gore/Singletary split gonna be week 7?

Probably 50/50. If he does what he did the first couple of games he'll probably get sightly more. But never have to carry the full load.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan on picking this cat up off waivers if I can. Can anyone chime in on his value? Is he a good player to keep on your bench in case he takes over Gore's role? Or does he have enough value to start in a timeshare?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I plan on picking this cat up off waivers if I can. Can anyone chime in on his value? Is he a good player to keep on your bench in case he takes over Gore's role? Or does he have enough value to start in a timeshare?

 

he showed great efficiency, albeit on limited targets/carries week 1 and 2 (10, 6). the most encouraging note is his 70% snap in week 1, and of course he got injured during week 2.

i don't think frank gore will ever go away, but i'm personally not worried about tj yeldon taking away many snaps (3% and 7% of snaps week 1 and 2). imo, singletary will be the preferred back on passing downs, and will obtain at least a 50% snap share moving forward, with the opportunity to take over if he maintains the efficiency that he showed week 1 and 2.

buffalo has a relatively soft schedule coming up against the rush, so i think he will produce even if he doesn't completely take over the backfield this year. talent wise, i don't think that there's a question that singletary is the best of the 3 buffalo backs.

Edited by johnwallin
sp
Link to post
Share on other sites

This kids schedule coming out of the bye is absurd even if him and Gore are splitting 50/50 he will be productive.

Dolphins

Eagles

Redskins

Browns

Dolphins

I think he will be Tevin Coleman type productive 10-15 FP consistently maybe with a splash game sprinkled in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CroNY said:

This kids schedule coming out of the bye is absurd even if him and Gore are splitting 50/50 he will be productive.

Dolphins

Eagles

Redskins

Browns

Dolphins

I think he will be Tevin Coleman type productive 10-15 FP consistently maybe with a splash game sprinkled in. 

Want no part of the eagles game everything else is fine 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 7:10 PM, Smoketheclay said:

What’s the Gore/Singletary split gonna be week 7?

 

On 10/13/2019 at 7:55 PM, JPT said:

Probably 50/50. If he does what he did the first couple of games he'll probably get sightly more. But never have to carry the full load.

 

50/50, really?

Coming off an injury with Gore playing as effective as hes been, its doubtful he'll split touches with Gore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

 

 

50/50, really?

Coming off an injury with Gore playing as effective as hes been, its doubtful he'll split touches with Gore.

I'd say 50/50 too. They've run Gore out of necessity. Singletary is more spry. They are going to need Gore over the long haul and will need to limit him a bit since he's been carrying the load with Devin out. There is no reason to believe they'll limit Singletary any further than an even split. Could even be 50/40/10 (Yeldon) in favor of Singletary at 50. Let's not act like Gore is young. It is not wise to have him carry the load when he doesn't need to do it.

Edited by FitzMagic
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I'd say 50/50 too. They've run Gore out of necessity. Singletary is more spry. They are going to need Gore over the long haul and will need to limit him a bit since he's been carrying the load with Devin out. There is no reason to believe they'll limit Singletary any further than an even split. Could even be 50/40/10 (Yeldon) in favor of Singletary at 50. Let's not act like Gore is young. It is not wise to have him carry the load when he doesn't need to do it.

IDK.

Singletary's the future.  Why not wear out the old man while there's still tread on the tires against the Miami's of the world?  Save the game breaking talent for the stretch run against Dallas, Bal, Pit and NE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I'd say 50/50 too. They've run Gore out of necessity. Singletary is more spry. They are going to need Gore over the long haul and will need to limit him a bit since he's been carrying the load with Devin out. There is no reason to believe they'll limit Singletary any further than an even split. Could even be 50/40/10 (Yeldon) in favor of Singletary at 50. Let's not act like Gore is young. It is not wise to have him carry the load when he doesn't need to do it.

 

I certainly hope so. It just makes too much sense and you know how these head coaches LOVE going against decisions that make too much sense.

I was just going by Devin's 2nd game, before he got hurt. After his decent 1st game, he barely touched the ball before hurting himself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gryfter said:

 

I certainly hope so. It just makes too much sense and you know how these head coaches LOVE going against decisions that make too much sense.

I was just going by Devin's 2nd game, before he got hurt. After his decent 1st game, he barely touched the ball before hurting himself.

He got hurt in the 4th quarter 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see Gore potentially getting alot of touches in the revenge game narrative against his old team, the Dolphins.  That said, he's probably glad they let him go, rather than be part of that mess.  If he gets 50% of the load against Miami, he should put up big numbers, seeing how Miami is last against rushing and not counting any receiving work.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I expect Singletary to get lots of catches going forward, Gore will probably still get the majority of carries though. 


What makes you think this?  I envision the opposite.  Talented rookie back gradually takes over as future hall of famer veteran fades.  Seems like the script here to me.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, rocket said:

  If he  gets 50% of the load against Miami, he should put up big numbers, seeing how Miami is last against rushing and not counting any receiving work.  

To clarify, I was talking about Singletary here

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, rocket said:

I could see Gore potentially getting alot of touches in the revenge game narrative against his old team, the Dolphins.  That said, he's probably glad they let him go, rather than be part of that mess.  If he gets 50% of the load against Miami, he should put up big numbers, seeing how Miami is last against rushing and not counting any receiving work.  

Both Singletary and Gore grew up in Miami and played college ball there, I'd bet both of their childhood teams.

Could be a nice little narrative for both if they run for 300 yards on them lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

[...] My hope is that as the weather gets colder a team with a young QB and good defense will let the young RB ball out. Also it’s never a bad an idea to stash on high upside RBs that can be a league winner in December 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...