NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If this is true then Sean McDermott is a WAAAY better coach than Adam Gase.

That's what Gase should have done with Gore in Miami. Make him a backup and a mentor to a young and explosive young RB and tutor him how to be the best he can be. This offers a little more clarity and Singletary now becomes a good bet to handle early down work with Yeldon sprinkled in on passing downs and Gore giving singletary the occasional breather.

preach, Cleats 👍

i also love this move for Allen ... gets a cancerous albatross off the roster, shifts to a more savvy and steady hand/presence in Gore. 

McD tailoring this for Josh - ball's in his court - the two kids gotta step up now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Devin Singletary might be out of the league before Gore retires.

I know his athletic numbers look pedestrian.  But take a look at his scouting report.  from https://www.rotoworld.com/article/evaluations/nfl-draft-rb-rankings?page=1 He was Thor Nystroms # 3 RB

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If this is true then Sean McDermott is a WAAAY better coach than Adam Gase.

That's what Gase should have done with Gore in Miami. Make him a backup and a mentor to a young and explosive young RB and tutor him how to be the best he can be. This offers a little more clarity and Singletary now becomes a good bet to handle early down work with Yeldon sprinkled in on passing downs and Gore giving singletary the occasional breather.

Eventually... but Singletary is just a little too raw on blitz and pass pro to make me think they want to throw him out there week 1.  I think Gore is lead, Yeldon is passing, with Singletary getting 4-6 carries a game and the occasional passing down work here and there, with Gore as the GLB.  After the bye week, I think they'll give Singletary the lead, including 3rd down work a lot of the time and let Gore have some goal line work and Yeldon just coming in for breathers.

I would have to drop Pollard, Darwin, or my cuff Malcolm Brown.  It's still a Bills RB who will be losing most games. I did not bite. Should I have regrets? I only have 2 bench spots and I currently don't even a have a kicker.

Edited by Mikeyvegas
1 minute ago, Mikeyvegas said:

I would have to drop Pollard, Darwin, or my cuff Malcolm Brown.  It's still a Bills RB who will be losing most games. I did not bite. Should I have regrets? I only have 2 bench spots and I currently don't even a have a kicker.

Drop malcolm. Cuffs to your own players generally overrated IMO.

Then trade someone.

2 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

It's still a Bills RB who will be losing most games.

meh, dunno about that ... they have a very dynamic defense, and some exciting young pieces on offense ... turnover is the norm in the NFL, looks like there is at least a plan for once up there. 

team will not be the patsies you're making them out to be - this could get very interesting for the Bison. 

I'm just sad that this didn't happen a few weeks from now, it would have given me more of a chance to snipe at the McCoy truthers on this forum that just didn't think it was even possible a 3rd round rookie would get playing time at all over an end stage plod committee.

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

I'm just sad that this didn't happen a few weeks from now, it would have given me more of a chance to snipe at the McCoy truthers on this forum that just didn't think it was even possible a 3rd round rookie would get playing time at all over an end stage plod committee.

I would say Singletary is the plod god. Look at his numbers. 

Gonna wait to see him with the full #1 offense before judging what DS is or isn't. Got him in the 14th round last Thursday and I'd say Shady leaving is a big step in the right direction. I wasn't expecting anything until mid-season, maybe a guy that helps through bye weeks and/or comes on late to help in the playoffs. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, christino3286 said:

Singletary the must add here? Gore still around....

Must add for sure. I would keep on the bench to see how the playing time shakes out before I trust him anywhere near a lineup. Especially, this early when you "should" have your starting lineup geared up and ready to go already.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

start the hype train. kid got more upside than montgomery? hmmm

Nah I'd rather have montgomery. Wait I'd rather have singletary over Ty Mont but not David lol

Edited by vthokie3
14 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I'm not excited. Still a rbbc on a bad team. Prolly puts up mccoy#s last yr

It very well might be a RBBC, but how many teams in the NFL aren't? Not many, that's why the bellcow backs are few and they go at the top of the draft. 

I doubt that the presence of Gore and Yeldon made the Bills comfortable with cutting McCoy. This is a good indication that the path to relevance for DS is well underway. If the kid pulls 40% of touches from the beginning of the season than he was well worth the late round pick or waiver wire acquisition people spent on him. He's got a great chance to provide some value week 1 when yesterday he was a long shot to provide some value mid-season.

who knows what he is yet? But, his situation is quickly headed in the right direction.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I would say Singletary is the plod god. Look at his numbers. 

The plod God who scored 33 touchdowns in a single season and 66 touchdowns in a 3 year college career?

Maybe if he scored 100 touchdowns you would prefer him over Frank Gore

2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Not if you're cuffing Todd Gurley.  Even if Brown never plays, think how much less anxiety you will be going through.

Dropping Brown for Singletary is a no brainer. I could easily see him being an RB2 type back this year. His ADP is going to rise to like round 7 now.