NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Devin Singletary might be out of the league before Gore retires.

I know his athletic numbers look pedestrian.  But take a look at his scouting report.  from https://www.rotoworld.com/article/evaluations/nfl-draft-rb-rankings?page=1 He was Thor Nystroms # 3 RB

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Dropping Brown for Singletary is a no brainer. I could easily see him being an RB2 type back this year. His ADP is going to rise to like round 7 now.

I was responding more to the cuffing being overrated comment than this specific situation.  

28 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Now all they gotta do is bring Tyrod back and the band's back together

i would move out of buffalo once and for all if this happened.

so for anyone wondering about singletary, he is 100% worth an add. he is so strong, and this kind of makes up for the lack of breakaway speed. he is an expert tackle breaker, and while he isn't as prolific of a pass catcher, he knows how to find the end zone. i can see him being a solid rb2 for much of the year. i wouldn't expect rb1 numbers this soon, but i think he is worth dropping a cuff on your team for. this represents a small small upgrade on mccoy imo. for anyone wondering, our offensive line was drastically upgraded this offseason. it should be a better year offensively here in buffalo. until mid october when we get buried in snow.

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

i would move out of buffalo once and for all if this happened.

so for anyone wondering about singletary, he is 100% worth an add. he is so strong, and this kind of makes up for the lack of breakaway speed. he is an expert tackle breaker, and while he isn't as prolific of a pass catcher, he knows how to find the end zone. i can see him being a solid rb2 for much of the year. i wouldn't expect rb1 numbers this soon, but i think he is worth dropping a cuff on your team for. this represents a small small upgrade on mccoy imo. for anyone wondering, our offensive line was drastically upgraded this offseason. it should be a better year offensively here in buffalo. until mid october when we get buried in snow.

Def adding him wherever possible.   Good move for buffalo 

Edited by Impreza178
On 8/28/2019 at 6:58 PM, StevieStats said:

For those who still refuse to watch his preseason play, and just to illustrate how unimpressive Singletary's burst and athleticism is...

Tom Brady: 7.20 3cone, 4.38 shuttle

Devin Singletary: 7.32 3cone, 4.40 shuttle

🤣

So you're saying he's gonna be the GOAT?

tenor.gif?itemid=10318978

• Haha 1

We won't get RB2 Numbers right away but as the season goes on he has a strong chance at taking over the back field and that's exactly why we took a flyer on him. McCoy getting cut was the first step for him being a set and forget start on our teams by week 10

I'd rank him around RB30 at this point.  I suspect the talent is JAG (his testing results were only impressive if you're comparing them to the FIDE Candidates tournament field) and the team isn't very good, plus you've got Gore there.  Right now, RB ADP is: 28. Sanders 29. Ekeler 30. Cohen 31. Guice 32. Drake.  I'd take him before Sanders, Cohen and Guice on that list; after Ekeler and Drake.  So RB30 sounds about right.

On 8/27/2019 at 7:00 PM, StevieStats said:

It's not a boast about McCoy, but rather a slight to Singletary that McCoy is blowing the doors off him at his ancient age. Thanks for proving my point though. McCoy who had a putrid 3.2 YPC last year is more explosive and spry than Singletary...

Maybe...he wasn't quite blowing the doors off him as much as you thought??

In all fairness, it prob had plenty to do with cap hits as much as anything...

But as I have maintained all along here, fantasy is most about opportunity and this kid has a big one now!

He's the one to own in this backfield, but I'm not sure any of the 3 will separate themselves enough touch wise to be a regular play.  At least at this point.  I just think of Gore getting a frustrating share in Miami last year, and doing enough to warrant them, but not enough to matter in fantasy.  Worse, was what it meant for Drake owners.  I can see a 3 headed monster of sorts in Buffalo.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Singletary had 66 touchdowns in 3 years, including 33 touchdowns in 2017 alone. I can't think of any player in college ever to get 33 touchdowns. Can anyone else?

Barry had 37 rushing TDs.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

He's the one to own in this backfield, but I'm not sure any of the 3 will separate themselves enough touch wise to be a regular play.  At least at this point.  I just think of Gore getting a frustrating share in Miami last year, and doing enough to warrant them, but not enough to matter in fantasy.  Worse, was what it meant for Drake owners.  I can see a 3 headed monster of sorts in Buffalo.

Maybe a two headed monster. Yeldon's never been a threat to anyone.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Maybe...he wasn't quite blowing the doors off him as much as you thought??

In all fairness, it prob had plenty to do with cap hits as much as anything...

But as I have maintained all along here, fantasy is most about opportunity and this kid has a big one now!

Fantasy isn't all about opportunity, you still need talent. Singletary gets a huge boost and every chance now, i still don't see him being a big fantasy factor because of his lack of speed and burst.

But I'm not an NFL scout, i could easily be wrong. But when you watch him it's just not the least bit exciting, too slow.

• Like 1

So many people think they are NFL scouts on this forum. Only base talent on measurables and 40 times. Calling this guy a JAG outright is just stupid. Let’s see him play some nfl football before we make that judgement. Obviously the bills believe he is a talented back. In a few weeks the same people calling him a JAG will be saying “oh man I thought he wasn’t that good, I shoulda picked him up”. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

So many people think they are NFL scouts on this forum. Only base talent on measurables and 40 times. Calling this guy a JAG outright is just stupid. Let’s see him play some nfl football before we make that judgement. Obviously the bills believe he is a talented back. In a few weeks the same people calling him a JAG will be saying “oh man I knew this guy was good, what a stud”. 

FIFY 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Not if you're cuffing Todd Gurley.  Even if Brown never plays, think how much less anxiety you will be going through.

I agree. I think FF has devolved into coffers and non-cuffers where it is really team/player specific. I have no interest in cuffing saquon or fournette. I think its nuts to not cuff Zeke, Gurley, gordon, anyone in Kc, etc.

That said I'd rather have Singletary. He is a starting rookie RB.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, StevieStats said:

Fantasy isn't all about opportunity, you still need talent. Singletary gets a huge boost and every chance now, i still don't see him being a big fantasy factor because of his lack of speed and burst.

But I'm not an NFL scout, i could easily be wrong. But when you watch him it's just not the least bit exciting, too slow.

Well, we know hes better than current day mccoy..