NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devin Singletary 2019 Outlook

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Devin Singletary might be out of the league before Gore retires.

I know his athletic numbers look pedestrian.  But take a look at his scouting report.  from https://www.rotoworld.com/article/evaluations/nfl-draft-rb-rankings?page=1 He was Thor Nystroms # 3 RB

Posted Images

Unfortunately this offense looks like crap. No go-to WR, no TE worth a flip. a totally remade OL which may or may not be any good...no Bills were drafted in my league and no one was surprised. I am keeping my eye on him though.

42 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

It's all about opportunity in fantasy. Unfortunately with this news if you want him you will have to draft him as a #3 or #4 but the opprtunity is there for more. Time will tell.

I took him very, very late in two leagues. If this sends his ADP up too high I wouldn't take him.

4 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

So many people think they are NFL scouts on this forum. Only base talent on measurables and 40 times. Calling this guy a JAG outright is just stupid. Let’s see him play some nfl football before we make that judgement. Obviously the bills believe he is a talented back. In a few weeks the same people calling him a JAG will be saying “oh man I thought he wasn’t that good, I shoulda picked him up”. 

The same clowns that are ripping on this guy's combine numbers are probably the same guys that have been touting McKinnon for the last 4 years because of his SPARQ scores.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

Why do teams feel the need to involve frank Gore? He is 36 years old!!

In addition to still being able to contribute with the ball in his hands, Gore is a fantastic pass blocker.  That coupled with his professionalism is going to keep him in business in the NFL pretty much until he decides he's done.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

In addition to still being able to contribute with the ball in his hands, Gore is a fantastic pass blocker.  That coupled with his professionalism is going to keep him in business in the NFL pretty much until he decides he's done.

THIS x infinity. 

as someone who's very high on Allen this year i love the fact that Gore is now the heavy vet presence over that knucklehead Shady ... Frank is the steady leadership the kids on that offense need - they shed the Shady albatross for a cat who is basically gonna be a coach on the field and a gargantuan leader in that locker room.

at this stage of the game, given the peripherals swirling about this team, Gore >>>>> Sbady. 

love. it. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

You make a good point but he’s a fantasy killer. Obviously NFL teams don’t care about that but In this world he’s a pain in the neck. For the most part you can’t start gore and he makes it tough to start other RBs on the same team. 

10 hours ago, bomont said:

Unfortunately this offense looks like crap. No go-to WR, no TE worth a flip. a totally remade OL which may or may not be any good...no Bills were drafted in my league and no one was surprised. I am keeping my eye on him though.

Not one bill was drafted in you league, John Brown, McCoy, Singletary possible a starting RB, is this a 6 team league

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

No he isn't, lol. The Bills are terrible and unless he's getting 90% of the snaps in said terrible backfield there's no reason to take him that high. 

6th is too early for my taste, but I can't fault someone for taking him there. It's not as if any of the RBs going in the 6th don't have question marks around them. They're all in committes, used situationally, dependent upon #1 backs continuing to hold out and/or rookies in potentially good situations. 

We also dont if the Bills are terrible or significantly improved.

Edited by Mr.STD
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

It's not as if any of the RBs going in the 6th don't have question marks around them.

That's not a useful take in a vacuum. There are more questions, or more detrimental questions, with him than with others. That's why you wouldn't take him there, right? I think he's more of an 8th.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, miasma16 said:

No he isn't, lol. The Bills are terrible and unless he's getting 90% of the snaps in said terrible backfield there's no reason to take him that high. 

How are the giants on offense without saquon? You passing on him too? And yeah I think saquon is the best rb in the game, but none of us know how good any of these rookies are yet. Their ceiling is the sky. Also think Allen plays better next year. What safe veteran are you taking in the seventh?

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, oban14 said:

How are the giants on offense without saquon? You passing on him too?

I would gladly take the likes of Zeke and McCaffrey over him, yes. You can check back with me in January and we'll see how that goes.

• Thanks 1

I was always a bit confused by the Bills hyping this guy through pre-season since his pre-season tape hasn't been anything great. In fact, both McCoy and Gore looked better in my various viewings. But that doesn't change the fact the Bills seem to love him. He must have been a lot better in practice than the game action I watched.

• Thanks 1

The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia believes Devin Singletary "won’t consistently be a featured back, at least not early in the season."

The LeSean McCoy release made things less murky in Buffalo, but it's still going to be a running back by committee to start the season with Singletary expected to be the biggest producer. Frank Gore figures to be sprinkled in on running downs, while T.J. Yeldon helps out on passing downs, so Singletary still has some work to do before locking in a 15-touch workload. Singletary belongs in the RB3 mix for now.

*Something to note, but some people believe the earth is flat too, doesn't make them correct...

Joe's going on intuition here but he's the best of the local beat IMO.   Nobody on the outside of the coaching staff can say for sure how touches will fall, but i'd trust his take over anyone's.

I absolutely believe the three headed monster will be the plan here to start.   Things change quickly, DS has the best chance of any to take the reigns of course.   Ultimately I'm avoiding it all because of Allen.   There's a very high chance things shake out like this:  Allen leads the team in rush TDs.  Gore is second.  Singletary leads in rush yards, and Yeldon in RB targets/rec yards. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, FlowB1 said:

Where do you see his value now vs McCoy?
Both were dropped in one of my leagues this Saturday and I'm trying to gauge who to pick up but it's hard to get a handle on how this will all shake out.

Pickup Shady ASAP.