Bo Bichette 2019 Outlook

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's officially an MLB record holder.  

First double dong game last night and both came off of Kershaw. Kid is a stud.

21 hours ago, ItsMeMario said:

They played KC and BAL though. They will come back to their sense soon

As a Jays fan though, they have been a lot more fun to watch now with all the kids up.  There was definitely a lull in interest for me after the few first weeks of the season until Vlad and Biggio came up, but now with Bo up and a lineup much more geared towards the future, things are really exciting.  It reminds me a bit of when the Cubs started turning the corner in 2014 with the emergence of Rizzo and the eventual building of a perennial contender with young guys like Bryant, Baez, Schwarber, Contreras, Hendricks, etc...making an impact over the following years.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

As a Jays fan though, they have been a lot more fun to watch now with all the kids up.  There was definitely a lull in interest for me after the few first weeks of the season until Vlad and Biggio came up, but now with Bo up and a lineup much more geared towards the future, things are really exciting.  It reminds me a bit of when the Cubs started turning the corner in 2014 with the emergence of Rizzo and the eventual building of a perennial contender with young guys like Bryant, Baez, Schwarber, Contreras, Hendricks, etc...making an impact over the following years.

True, and they have Groshans coming up

Jansen C

Guerrero 1B

Bichette SS

Biggio 2B

Groshans 3B

Gurriel LF

Thats pretty solid ... I just hope a sleeper power bat will emerge in the minors for the RF spot. Griffin Connine is pretty strong but his K rate is atrocious. But if he develop well Jays could be down right scary in 3 years 

Edited by ItsMeMario
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

better than vlad jr

This seems like one of those comments made just to elicit reaction. Guess I’ll bite. 

I think Vlad is clearly the better hitter, and will have Miggy/Arenado type MVP seasons. However, I do think Bichette will have many seasons where he is the better fantasy asset (due to SBs). Think Trea Turner—never a real-life MVP candidate, but a fantasy stud. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

This seems like one of those comments made just to elicit reaction. Guess I’ll bite. 

I think Vlad is clearly the better hitter, and will have Miggy/Arenado type MVP seasons. However, I do think Bichette will have many seasons where he is the better fantasy asset (due to SBs). Think Trea Turner—never a real-life MVP candidate, but a fantasy stud. 

I agree, but we are SO EARLY on Bo that it's nearly impossible to predict what he will do in future years. Clearly he is showing power that wasnt really expected this early on. Will definitely be an interesting couple years if you're a Jays fan

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

i think he has more pop than turner

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

i think he has more pop than turner

Possibly. Or he’s having a ridiculous hot 11-game start with a .429 ISO. Either way, point stands. 

I think Vlad will be the elite middle order MVP type hitter, and Bichette will be the fantasy gold.

• Like 1

Yeah, his bat speed gives him a higher power ceiling than turner.  He's not nearly the burner on the base paths turner is though. Will be very interesting where he fits in 2020 with the other SSs.

• Like 1

Trea had a great start to his career also...everyone forgot about his 2016 already? Lets see what Bo does once the league adjusts to him.

One things for sure, SS will be very deep in a year or 2 with Bo, Tatis, Lindor, Story, Baez, Bogaerts, Trea...then you have Gavin Lux and Wander Franco coming up.