Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Caris LeVert 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant spell Caris without IR

LeVert will improve, people judging him so harshly based on a few weeks at the beginning of the season are just bitter. Let’s not pretend he didn’t already have some really good games this short seaso

Who doesn't?

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

The problem is his efficiency cats not Kyrie. You didn't expect more points. We expected better efficiency and more steals though.

It is hard to get stats offensively when you don't touch the ball. Watch when Kyrie goes to the bench, LeVert gets stats.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rabaak said:

It is hard to get stats offensively when you don't touch the ball. Watch when Kyrie goes to the bench, LeVert gets stats.

 

But he gets the stats anyway what do you mean? If could hit free throws he would score even more.the problem is ft% and turnovers. You expected more than 20 ppg?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent game in a points league. 5 AST, 23 PTS, 3 TO, 7 TRB. 37 fantasy points in 35 min. Pretty efficient with his minutes.

9/19 and 3TO's could be improved on.

Irving only played 34 min. Dinwiddie played on 20 and Temple 25. 

Nets have their longest road trip of the year coming up. 5 games, with 4 out west.  Next game is not until Friday at Trail Blazers. Rest should not be an issue

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

But he gets the stats anyway what do you mean? If could hit free throws he would score even more.the problem is ft% and turnovers. You expected more than 20 ppg?

Looking at his game log, I'm a little surprised.

He has had an 18, 23, and 21 fantasy point game mixed in 3 games of more than 30.

One of the bad games looks like foul trouble and TO's.

His TO's are high. I don't see the FT problem. 

If he is going to jack up 15+ FGA, I would expect more than 20 ppg

 

image.png.0ed6ec0d0358fa4a5934225d8a098376.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Looking at his game log, I'm a little surprised.

He has had an 18, 23, and 21 fantasy point game mixed in 3 games of more than 30.

One of the bad games looks like foul trouble and TO's.

His TO's are high. I don't see the FT problem. 

If he is going to jack up 15+ FGA, I would expect more than 20 ppg

 

image.png.0ed6ec0d0358fa4a5934225d8a098376.png

You don't see the ft problem because you play points leagues. He is terrible with his free throws.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kane said:

Is it just me think he is a little bit overrated in fantasy?

poor fg+ft% low stock and turnover prone,rank outside 200 so far

I concur.  Having serious buyer’s remorse. Wonder if this is a byproduct of playing with Kyrie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kane said:

Is it just me think he is a little bit overrated in fantasy?

poor fg+ft% low stock and turnover prone,rank outside 200 so far

His fg% should be fine for his position but the ft% and nearly non existent steals really hurt. I think he may be one of those players that is much better in real life than fantasy

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

Thinking of moving on from him. Stocks non existent, horrible shooting and FT%. Think I’ll grab Kennard instead 

With Blake about to return?  Some fantasy formats crack me up when scrubs like Kennard are better than a star like LeVert. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

With Blake about to return?  Some fantasy formats crack me up when scrubs like Kennard are better than a star like LeVert. 

Blake will be eased back in and Detroit has all their guards injured. What exactly makes LeVert a star? The amazing %’s or stocks he puts up please explain

Link to post
Share on other sites

His counting stats is roughly where I thought it would be.. He's at 17.9 PPG now because of last nights awful performance but I see him as a 20-5-4 guy at his peak this year.

He needs to cut down those damn turnovers and raise his FT% though.. 64% is terrible for a G/F need him to raise that to 70-75 at least. Those are the two things that are killing his value.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aloon33 said:

Blake will be eased back in and Detroit has all their guards injured. What exactly makes LeVert a star? The amazing %’s or stocks he puts up please explain

I was referring to in relation to real life. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

His counting stats is roughly where I thought it would be.. He's at 17.9 PPG now because of last nights awful performance but I see him as a 20-5-4 guy at his peak this year.

He needs to cut down those damn turnovers and raise his FT% though.. 64% is terrible for a G/F need him to raise that to 70-75 at least. Those are the two things that are killing his value.

Lack of stocks hurt too. He’s a good enough defender to at least have more steals 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, richg24 said:

His fg% should be fine for his position but the ft% and nearly non existent steals really hurt. I think he may be one of those players that is much better in real life than fantasy

This is why I went from playing Roto to points. Levert is actually doing better than where I drafted him in my points league( I think he would be even better without playing with the ball-hog Kyrie).

Viewing a players worth to his NBA team through cats can lead to  a distorted perception of their contributions to his team. High number of steals and a good FT% are not great measuring sticks for a good NBA or fantasy player in my opinion. I'm not trying to start another Roto Vs. Points fight. 

We've had lots of discussions over the years of Roto vs Points with lots of points of view both ways. But in many peoples view, points leagues match more closely a players real life value than categories do.

 In this case, Levert is doing just fine in fantasy for a 8th round draft pick in a 12 team points league. He is # 67 so far this year.  I expect him to be even better after he adjusts to playing with Irving.

Just saying.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Caris LeVert 2019-2020 Outlook

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...