NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kevon Looney 2019-2020 Outlook

Dirtbag

40 minutes ago, Abhi said:

Am I the only one who thinks something fishy going on with such long timetables on literally every warrior now? Lol

Absolutely not. Warriors will be taking this year so the real starters will play as few hah as possible.

25 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I think that is actually really good news. No surgery and a treatment plan might mean he's back by week six.

If he somehow works his way up to 25-30mpg he is going to beast. 

He might. I think he'll play more games than Draymond this year.

1 hour ago, RLDN106 said:

Same thinking.

I'll hold him in IR as long as I don't need the spot.

If Kerr wasn't kidding about him playing 30 min a night he could return great value. Otherwise cut him loose.

Him playing 30 minutes a night is a pipe dream considering he couldn't even make it 10 without sustaining a multi week injury.

12 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Him playing 30 minutes a night is a pipe dream considering he couldn't even make it 10 without sustaining a multi week injury.

Didn’t he come into the season with the injury? I wouldn’t put it past him eventually, although I have no clue how likely it is.

Just going off of Kerr’s comments.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Kevon Looney 2019-2020 Outlook
2 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

What you guys expecting? Seems like he’s back this week or sometime soon

Was literally about to post the same thing. They said they'd update on Wed. I am personally waiting for what this update will say. I do wanna pick him up though. He is supposed to be their defensive anchor. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook

On 11/21/2019 at 12:09 PM, thornton1986 said:

What kind of statline are you guys expecting? Im thinking 11-9 with a steal and a block

This line, even cut the stock in half, I'll be happy enough for a FA pickup.

What worries more is the crappy team defense overall makes even less defensive rebounds to grab...

On 11/20/2019 at 8:09 PM, thornton1986 said:

What kind of statline are you guys expecting? Im thinking 11-9 with a steal and a block

I don't think he will average 11 pts mostly because I think he will only play 20-24minutes per game max. Most likely 8/8 with close to a stl and block and 0.5 3's a game. I picked him up, just need him to be better than Mcgee. 

I think he'll be a Noel clone. Which is ironic because I have the original Noel and a bootleg Noel ( Daniel Theis ). Comfortable IL stash until Kerr ramps up his minutes.

Also spectating and making sure he won't go to the free throw line alot; not over 2 attempts.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

anything to really see here? Still left on the WW... just looking through game logs of this guy and nothing really stands out... I'm sure he'll be on restrictions for a few weeks too

I think his game logs are skewed since the warriors had SC, KD, and Klay last year taking up the majority of usage. But yeah, he doesn't seem to be much of a shot-blocking center. Gets more steals than blocks. 

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

I think he'll be a Noel clone. Which is ironic because I have the original Noel and a bootleg Noel ( Daniel Theis ). Comfortable IL stash until Kerr ramps up his minutes.

Also spectating and making sure he won't go to the free throw line alot; not over 2 attempts.

Are you me?

i have those 2 and am thinking info stashing Looney as well but I cant own all 3 as I would take a big points hit.

Haven't you all learned to stay away from injury prone warriors this season? What are you expecting lol? Do you want Kerr to ride broken looneys minutes out for a breakout season leading to a playoff run, while steph and klay both return in time?? He is going to be trash in totals and is a waste of time. Time share and lots of rest. The only place you hear about looney being hyped is this forum. Never had a good season, ever. Best of luck, grab noel while you still can. Even theis is better.

Looneys gonna be sitting games just as much as Draymond and he doesn't have what Draymond gives to make him worth keeping with injury/rest problems. Give this useless trash a rest already. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Haven't you all learned to stay away from injury prone warriors this season? What are you expecting lol? Do you want Kerr to ride broken looneys minutes out for a breakout season leading to a playoff run, while steph and klay both return in time?? He is going to be trash in totals and is a waste of time. Time share and lots of rest. The only place you hear about looney being hyped is this forum. Never had a good season, ever. Best of luck, grab noel while you still can. Even theis is better.

Looneys gonna be sitting games just as much as Draymond and he doesn't have what Draymond gives to make him worth keeping with injury/rest problems. Give this useless trash a rest already. 

Bro, did Looney murder your family? 

Fanatics and Looneytics, I'm not touching this guy in my 18-team Points pool, even though the format favors Looney. I need someone who can play consistently, not every other game. I can't trust Looney to get consistent 30++ minutes for the next 15 weeks. There is no chance in hell this guy plays 90% of the remaining games without GTD, B2B rest, or load management. 

10 minutes ago, mtx said:

Fanatics and Looneytics, I'm not touching this guy in my 18-team Points pool, even though the format favors Looney. I need someone who can play consistently, not every other game. I can't trust Looney to get consistent 30++ minutes for the next 15 weeks. There is no chance in hell this guy plays 90% of the remaining games without GTD, B2B rest, or load management. 

Sounds like he’s not for you. I’d imagine in an 18 teamer with using a minimum of 234 players( if 13 players per team) someone will find him useful.