NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trent Grisham 2019 Outlook

Yeah he does have about everything you look for in a legit 5 tool prospect. Have any of you guys seen how oddly he holds the bat? It's sort of a modified golf grip, I believe he just started it this season. I will have to see if I can find a pic/story on it later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's had a total of 20 ABs.  6 hits (including a double and HR).  I don't know how you're coming to the conclusion that he's playing like a bench warmer based on such a limited sample size in which he

On pace for 162 RBI's! Batting average seems suspect though..

Kent Clark with glasses, Trent Grisham without. Let's hope Yahoo doesn't add another Trent after everyone adds Clark

Posted Images

9 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah he does have about everything you look for in a legit 5 tool prospect. Have any of you guys seen how oddly he holds the bat? It's sort of a modified golf grip, I believe he just started it this season. I will have to see if I can find a pic/story on it later.

Spot on observation:

The 18-year-old high school senior from Richland, Texas, uses a golf-style grip at the plate, with thumbs positioned up along the bat. The outfielder said the unusual technique helps him with balance and bat control. A team scout said it's a bit unique.

USA Today

1267051117_ScreenShot2019-08-07at8_09_43PM.png.206bdbdca338b003a52c839eb9378ad4.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, herschel said:

so is he getting everyday ab's now?

Yeli day-to-day has been unavailable for 2 games now, Cain left after fouling a ball off his knee but is available off the bench. He's earning more PT tho, for sure.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

He reallly needs to do more with this opportunity because at current rate he will be bench warmer once everyone is back to regular schedule

He's had a total of 20 ABs.  6 hits (including a double and HR).  I don't know how you're coming to the conclusion that he's playing like a bench warmer based on such a limited sample size in which he hasn't fallen flat on his face.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

He's had a total of 20 ABs.  6 hits (including a double and HR).  I don't know how you're coming to the conclusion that he's playing like a bench warmer based on such a limited sample size in which he hasn't fallen flat on his face.  

Exactly.  He's performing.  A .300 average with 5 RBIs in 5 games are definitely not potential bench warmer numbers.  Sure, he's not setting the world on fire like some other prospects have right out of the gate, but at least he's been solid so far.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, DJSatane said:

He reallly needs to do more with this opportunity because at current rate he will be bench warmer once everyone is back to regular schedule

Wtf is this?

• Like 1

Considering there is no room for him to play except sit on bench when all the starters are healthy, I still say he will have to perform above expectations any chance he get. Yes, I get he has done good, but if you expect him to play as regularly as past few days then there maybe a shock coming. And yes, I own him(keeper league) because of his potential.

Edited by DJSatane
  • Thanks 1

I guess Grisham is doing something right though to have already graduated to getting his very own "this player sucks" member.  Several other players have those, so feel good about yourself I guess, Trent.

"No, I don't hope he fails.  I own him."  Well, sure sounds like it by the almost daily borderline "he sucks" posts.

2 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

I guess Grisham is doing something right though to have already graduated to getting his very own "this player sucks" member.  Several other players have those, so feel good about yourself I guess, Trent.

"No, I don't hope he fails.  I own him."  Well, sure sounds like it by the almost daily borderline "he sucks" posts.

You're told to zig when others zag in fantasy. And there are definitely a few posters on this board where when they zig, zagging is almost always the right move. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

You're told to zig when others zag in fantasy. And there are definitely a few posters on this board where when they zig, zagging is almost always the right move. 

I think my brain just zigged when you were trying to tell me to zag understanding your post... 😉

• Haha 4
20 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Yelich is back and Grisham is on bench, although it maybe something about facing lefty? I worry about his playing time moving forward.

When everybody was actually healthy (basically when Grisham got called up), he sat against most lefties.  I remember venting about that several times in this thread.  I still think there's a decent chance he plays everyday against righties.  He's been solid but unspectacular, not exactly forcing them to play him no matter what (or in other words forced their hand like Aquino did in Cincy).

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, Zig Zag said:

Very frustrating... hard to hold him in a shallower keeper if he’s just a bench bat now.

He might be worth hanging onto in a keeper league, but that's pushing it, depending on how many keepers are allowed. In my two keeper leagues we keep 7 and 8, and he's only a keeper in those leagues if you sold everything to make a run and have nothing left.