NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone know who’s starting for the Dodgers today? 

Since June 12 here are his innings and pitch count 6/12 - 6.2 and 96  6/17 -  7 and 97 6/22 - 7 and 103 6/30 - 5  and 91 7/11 - 5 and 85 7/17 - 5.1 and 95 7/23 - 6 a

As a Dodgers Fan, let me just say that May will stick around. Tools are all there. Opportunity as well. This kid has real ability to be a SP2 going forward.

• Thanks 1

Roberts is certainly leaving the door open:

Manager Dave Roberts indicated Thursday that Dustin May could remain in the Dodgers' rotation for more than one start.

May, listed at No. 35 in MLB.com's prospect rankings, is set to debut Friday against the Padres. While it's still highly likely the 2016 third-rounder will be one-and-done in the Dodgers' rotation, May could be needed for more starts, depending on the health of Ross Stripling, who is still nursing a stiff neck. The 21-year-old has been as good as advertised this season, producing a standout 3.38 ERA in 20 starts between Double-A Tulsa and Triple-A Oklahoma City.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

Roberts is certainly leaving the door open:

Manager Dave Roberts indicated Thursday that Dustin May could remain in the Dodgers' rotation for more than one start.

May, listed at No. 35 in MLB.com's prospect rankings, is set to debut Friday against the Padres. While it's still highly likely the 2016 third-rounder will be one-and-done in the Dodgers' rotation, May could be needed for more starts, depending on the health of Ross Stripling, who is still nursing a stiff neck. The 21-year-old has been as good as advertised this season, producing a standout 3.38 ERA in 20 starts between Double-A Tulsa and Triple-A Oklahoma City.

Ah s--- so it's not going to be for the rest of the regular season? Keep May up and move Stripling to the bullpen where he thrives.

5 minutes ago, KidDynamite420 said:

Yeah so close to a quality start..t hopefully he gets one more sart to prove himself

He will for sure since Ryu is on the shelf.

1 hour ago, lavaman said:

He will for sure since Ryu is on the shelf.

Ya that’s true. It was actually a good first outing. I just have high expectations for him. Hopefully they keep him in the rotation when Strip gets back. 

Edited by KidDynamite420

What is his put away pitch? I watched most of the outing and he seems to lack a chase pitch. He had some long abs that resulted in him not having them chase. Also got ahead of a few hitters and couldn’t get anyone to fish and left a few in the middle of the plate.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WaKe21334 said:

What is his put away pitch? I watched most of the outing and he seems to lack a chase pitch. He had some long abs that resulted in him not having them chase. Also got ahead of a few hitters and couldn’t get anyone to fish and left a few in the middle of the plate.

It usually would be his curve (it's a 60 grade pitch according to many big pubs), but he did not throw it much last night and the ones he did were rather meh...it was all Sinkers sitting 95 and Cutters sitting 91 MPH. Even with that great command he's gonna need to have the curve.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Halo Fan said:

Isn't Gonsolin starting in Ryu's spot?

Yes, basically. He's going tmrw and the expectation that I've seen (speculation) is that Ryu misses the minimum and starts next weekend. Sounds like Strippling is beginning rehab in next few days but might be brought back as a reliever too (also more speculation I've read)...

41 minutes ago, tesla said:

two starts in a row he got pulled one out away from a QS

he was looking good today

I've hated Dave Roberts ever since he SWORE they wore going demote Cody Bellinger in like a week after his initial call up. Of course I dropped him and Roberts didn't stay true to his word and Bellinger went on to hit 39 HRs in his rookie season. 

It was pretty impressive work in general, but once again he did not really go to his supposed plus curve (threw 6)...was all sinkers at 95 mph and cutters at 90 mph. Worked all over the zone plot, but was lucky a bunch too as he left many pitches right over the heart.

• Like 1