NBC Sports Edge Forums
Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

4 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

weekly leaguers are likely locked in, but what a dilemma... really don't want to see him pitch @ATL but on the flip don't want to see him removed from the rotation.

who's coming off the DL (or would take his place)? stripling? urias?

Me thinks Gonsolin will prob be making starts for the next 5-6 weeks for LAD? He will be on turn this weekend and his last start for AAA was 5IP 2H 0ER 3BB 9K

• Like 1
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone know who’s starting for the Dodgers today? 

Since June 12 here are his innings and pitch count 6/12 - 6.2 and 96  6/17 -  7 and 97 6/22 - 7 and 103 6/30 - 5  and 91 7/11 - 5 and 85 7/17 - 5.1 and 95 7/23 - 6 a

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Me thinks Gonsolin will prob be making starts for the next 5-6 weeks for LAD? He will be on turn this weekend and his last start for AAA was 5IP 2H 0ER 3BB 9K

Oh yeah, forgot about him! I was pretty intrigued by him just a week or two ago. Interesting..

2 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

Oh yeah, forgot about him! I was pretty intrigued by him just a week or two ago. Interesting..

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

So they’re just going to juggle ugly stash guy and ugly fire guy back and forth like a clown. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. I think both of them have value so you just have to monitor both ROS or pick up both. 

The Dodgers are just ridiculously deep in the rotation and the field.  Not so much in the pen, but I imagine several of these juggled starters will be used as bullpen weapons in the playoffs. 

53 minutes ago, Halo Fan said:

The Dodgers are just ridiculously deep in the rotation and the field.  Not so much in the pen, but I imagine several of these juggled starters will be used as bullpen weapons in the playoffs. 

Yep. Rich Hill will be one of them. Of course, that is if he comes back without any set backs.

Edit: I see I'm late to the party with the Hill news. Never mind.

Edited by Z06vette
Caveman news

Roberts confirmed he will pitch out of the bullpen on Sunday. Unsure if this means he’ll be a reliever going forward, or possibly not wanting to expose him to ATL and NYY. Best case scenario is he pitches an inning or two Sunday, and gets starts vs TOR on wed/thurs. Holding for now to see how it plays out.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

What are the odds he actually gets two starts next week? 40%?

I think he’s lined up to start Monday and then again on Sunday. After that they might try him in the pen again, but the Dodgers don’t have an off day until September 5th. I’m rolling him out in 6 weekly leagues, so hopefully it’ll pay off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2019 at 12:41 AM, UberRebel said:

Watched him in relief today. His hard sinker is reminiscent of Brandon Webb and Kevin Brown. But he can throw high 90s to boot. Will be looking to have him on my teams next year

Same here.  Obviously I find it hard to believe he won't be a regular in their starting rotation next season, so he's definitely somebody I want in my keeper league. I actually think he wouldn't be a bad flier to take as one of your last keepers in a keeper/dynasty league if you have a spot open.  He's been pretty solid after a somewhat bumpy start to his brief career so far.