NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 August Closer Thread

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trade Deadline in the books and few things have shaken up. DET: Joe Jimenez  (Buck Farmer or Trevor I love long walks in the park Rosenthal, if he blows chunks) SEA: Anthony Bass (Anyone tha

Wade Davis after reclaiming that closers job with Oberg on the IL

too bad that's a carp!   Let's get this back on track with some real BASS....              

3 hours ago, Z06vette said:

Raisel Iglesias-RP

Sun, 11 Aug 2019 12:28:00 PM

Raisel Iglesias is dealing with biceps tightness. 
src: C. Trent Rosecrans

This was useful info. I speculated on Lorenzen and he gave up two runs as a set-up guy without recording an out. Kind of typical of my year. When you play the Game of Saves, you win or you die,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Luke got it done for Atl, picks up the save.   although he gave up 3 hits 😬.   1 of them got picked off first and 2 of them hit off the fielder's gloves tho.  nothing hit hard.  will be interesting to see who snitker goes to next save opp.

Edited by swingbatter
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

yes.  melancon and greene were both unavailable.  but have both really struggled since coming over at trade deadline.  

Unless I’m mistaken, Greene has been horrendous while Melancon has been pretty good outside of last night 

44 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

How do you pick up any of these next-ups with a k:bb ratio of 2:1, almost even 1:1 (Shafer, law, lorenzen)?

Easy, in roto leagues a handful of saves could be 3-4 points in competitive leagues.