NBC Sports Edge Forums

Thomas Bryant 2019-2020 Outlook

56 minutes ago, kilslo said:

The Wizards are 6-5 in their last 11 games and are only 2 games back in the loss column for the 8th seed. The new starting 5 of Ish, Beal, Bonga, Rui and Ian have been dominant in their time together so I have to think Brooks sticks w that going forward since they're playing well together and in the playoff hunt 

So all things considering

Mahimni, Wagner, playoffs and injury history 

I would not be surprised to see Bryant topping out at 24 minutes which he can still do damage w but I doubt we see him "unleashed" this season 

They’re not winning games because of Mahimni, just a warm body. TB is levels ahead of that dude . 

• Like 1
  • Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean 18-10-6-1-1 with pristine percentages. Top 12 line on the night according to BBM. And we get 35+ more potential games like this ROS season. Let's go choo choo indeed.     

The hate for this guy seems a bit much imo. Even when he does well some find a reason to complain. He's a 22 year old center who is still learning the game and got his first real shot at legit minutes

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

They’re not winning games because of Mahimni, just a warm body. TB is levels ahead of that dude . 

Who said all that?

I said the starting lineup they have been going w has been playing too well to change iI up especially given where they are in the standings 

There was a belief that Mahimni was being “showcased” as to why he has been starting/getting minutes 

And I don’t think that’s the case anymore so whether he’s just a body or not he’s still gonna be eating up C minutes 

6 minutes ago, kilslo said:

Who said all that?

I said the starting lineup they have been going w has been playing too well to change iI up especially given where they are in the standings 

There was a belief that Mahimni was being “showcased” as to why he has been starting/getting minutes 

And I don’t think that’s the case anymore so whether he’s just a body or not he’s still gonna be eating up C minutes 

It is the case, before they rested TB again, when his minutes were ramped up to near full, Mahinmi saw strictly minutes in the teens to low 20. Last game before all star break was an anomaly, Wagner was rejected after playing just 17 min and TB wasn't playing.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

I am predicting he comes back with minutes restrictions then has another setback or reaction just as he ramps up. Then out again for a few weeks. Vicious cycle. Pretty droppable at this point. 

LOL

• Like 2

Even if he does suit up today, I don't expect big things in the next 1-2 weeks. Probably even more cautious then before before giving him 25+min again. But by the time the Fantasy Playoffs start (in my league on the 23rd March) I think he can be back to full form. It also helps a lot that Washington has a shot at the Playoffs and the best ROS schedule.

All in all a disappointing season so far with a lot of injuries, but maybe he can turn it around like last year and finish the year strong!

https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player-news/9559131

"Thomas Bryant (foot) will play on Friday

He had an aggravation earlier this month back on Feb. 5, but Bryant was able to practice on Wednesday. The last time Bryant hurt his foot, it was more severe, and hopefully it won't take quite as long for him to ramp up again. Considering he was flirting with early-round value prior to the injury bug biting him, Bryant should be owned in standard leagues."

• Like 2

Mo played 4 minutes in his first stint (didn’t look good) 

Mahimni then checked in for the final 4:30 of the half

So it’s looking like the same sub pattern for Bryant from his first return where he only plays one stint a half. Which was expected but doesn’t make it less frustrating  

Plenty of time for him to get acclimated though 

27 minutes ago, kilslo said:

Mo played 4 minutes in his first stint (didn’t look good) 

Mahimni then checked in for the final 4:30 of the half

So it’s looking like the same sub pattern for Bryant from his first return where he only plays one stint a half. Which was expected but doesn’t make it less frustrating  

Plenty of time for him to get acclimated though 

brodie can we chill on the play by plays 😂 

good insight , but theres really no point delving this deep into the rotation minutes his first game back. TB is better than those 2 , and will get his in due time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, kane said:

Wizards frontcourt is too crowd,Mahinmi,Rui,Bertans,Wagner and him all are healthy now

Not worried about the ghost of Ian Mahinmi , he’s a** . Rui is a combo forward plays both positions. Bertans plays PF primarily does he not ?  Sorry don’t follow the Wiz that much , but who does lol . And big Moe should get the primary C mins behind Bryant , when the rotations becomes more fluid . Crowded is what I would call the Knicks front court , not here. 

• Like 1

Two straight Ls to two of the worst teams in the league 

Blew a double digit lead to the Cavs at home and then follow it up w an L to the Bulls all the while getting nothing from Mahimni/Wagner

So hopefully they ramp up Bryant quicker than anticipated 

11 hours ago, kilslo said:

Two straight Ls to two of the worst teams in the league 

Blew a double digit lead to the Cavs at home and then follow it up w an L to the Bulls all the while getting nothing from Mahimni/Wagner

So hopefully they ramp up Bryant quicker than anticipated 

So y'all don't think he's a drop?

8 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

So y'all don't think he's a drop?

Not sure why he would be considered a drop. 

38 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

If his min will be crap, what good is he?

It’s called playing the long game, and going for the chip . If your’e not comfortable in the standings he’s an easy drop tho , playoffs are around the corner. 

• Like 2