NBC Sports Edge Forums

Thomas Bryant 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean 18-10-6-1-1 with pristine percentages. Top 12 line on the night according to BBM. And we get 35+ more potential games like this ROS season. Let's go choo choo indeed.     

The hate for this guy seems a bit much imo. Even when he does well some find a reason to complain. He's a 22 year old center who is still learning the game and got his first real shot at legit minutes

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Stefan said:

O b v i o u s l y DROP CITY

Speak for yourself. Maybe for shallow leagues 10 and under. You just can’t throw a ridiculous statement like this out there as if it applies to everyone. He is in absolutely no way a universal drop. 
You probably just made some newbie in a 14 teamer drop him. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Speak for yourself. Maybe for shallow leagues 10 and under. You just can’t throw a ridiculous statement like this out there as if it applies to everyone. He is in absolutely no way a universal drop. 
You probably just made some newbie in a 14 teamer drop him. 

10 teamer & holding strong . There's too many rookies here that jump that gun , and act on recency bias . It's moves like this that differentiate the veterans from the peasants. Guys don't be that scrub who held onto TB through his bad play and injures (the hard part) . Only to drop him now , and have your opponent pick him up in a couple weeks to smash you in the playoffs .This goes for the folks who have locked up a playoff spot , if your'e still fighting your way , then this doesn't apply to you.  

My .02 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, cochise316 said:

My playoffs are late in the season. He’s worth the hold until the playoffs for me. Young guys can get a lot of run late season. 

this is what everybody should do. If you need wins now I can understand the drop but he has way to much upside once healthy again. Give him some weeks fgs ...

7 hours ago, Stefan said:

Btw drafted him 56th overal (idiotic me) in a 14 teamer... Dropped him ages ago... Never looked back... Zero regrets. Much better just streaming... 

also drafted him there in a 14 teamer. Still holding, there is nobody with more upside and Top 50 potential on the WW

Problem is he is not IR eligible so he is eating up one of your roster spots or he is sitting on IR and you can't make any other moves. With his injury history this season + setback + this rest day yesterday I can't believe you will profit of the good Wizards playoff schedule, even if he is back to 24-28 minutes at this time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KB24MVP said:

this is what everybody should do. If you need wins now I can understand the drop but he has way to much upside once healthy again. Give him some weeks fgs ...

also drafted him there in a 14 teamer. Still holding, there is nobody with more upside and Top 50 potential on the WW

Bryant was never top 50. 

Sat around the 60-65 at his peak but mostly was 75ish when healthy from memory.

I could be wrong but no chance he puts up top 50 numbers. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kane said:

He will have minutes restriction and may rest in b2b game rest of the season,don't think he will have much upside,rather have a stream spot than holding him

Man that's what I'm fearing when Lauri comes back as well. Those stress reaction are very tricky to deal with, and teams will be very cautious even when the players come back.

4 hours ago, kane said:

He will have minutes restriction and may rest in b2b game rest of the season,don't think he will have much upside,rather have a stream spot than holding him

This, and if there’s any type of setback at all he will be shut down for the season.  Every game he plays is like a potential ticking time bomb.

23 minutes ago, christino3286 said:

Holding in 12 teamer but have a feeling I’ll be regretting it late March when I finally drop him cause he’s shut down after being useless here out. Really hope I’m wrong though. 

Went through the same thought process and ended up deciding to drop him yesterday.  Woke up today feeling amazing 😃

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, wallacesnoop said:

Went through the same thought process and ended up deciding to drop him yesterday.  Woke up today feeling amazing 😃

Unhealthy stress(reaction)ful relationships can do that to you!  Glad you made it to the other side.

• Haha 3

CSB: I'm going to cut him. Even if I'm secured at the third position in the league but I want to have a streaming spot coming playoff weeks. And tbh: I'm probably able to pick him up again if he makes good progress in the next weeks.

He's been pretty lame seriously.  Pre season I thought he would be like Bam or Bam lite.  Instead he's just trash.  And him coming back got in the way of people picking up some hot prospects.  Now what's out there.  Gorgei Dieng if you're lucky?  Might as well hold if there are no good WW guys out there.