NBC Sports Edge Forums

Thomas Bryant 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean 18-10-6-1-1 with pristine percentages. Top 12 line on the night according to BBM. And we get 35+ more potential games like this ROS season. Let's go choo choo indeed.     

The hate for this guy seems a bit much imo. Even when he does well some find a reason to complain. He's a 22 year old center who is still learning the game and got his first real shot at legit minutes

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, richg24 said:

rankings don't matter this early in a season, sample size is too small. for example, PJ Washington being dropped like crazy right now, yet he is still ranked in the 50s. It's because he has put up like 4 duds in his last 7 games...you can see in the thread the quick change from "wow one of pickups of year!" to "drop this bum." It happens quick. For Bryant it mostly depends on minutes. 

From October 23 to Nov 8, only 1 game he played he got less than 30 minutes. From Nov 13 to 20 (last 4 games), he has never reached 30 minutes, and the average over that period is around 25 minutes. So the problem for Bryant owners is if these newer minutes become the norm, in which case, he will be like a top 80ish guy rather than a top 40-50 player. 

PJ Washington is now ranked 90th and the last week 156th, last 2 weeks 128th. 

Not even remotely comparable. 

Occasionally Bryant will play less minutes due to match ups, occasionally he'll be sore and play less minutes. 

I'd bet my left nut he's inside the top 70 at season's end. 

Anyone feel like hes a sell high right now? Ive owned Bryant last two years and really like his game. its so fantasy friendly when just given minutes but Brooks seems to hate doing that and loves giving minutes to Wagner and Bertans. I believe in Bryant but if his coach doesn't idk if there is any point in trying to hold onto him. anyone else feel the same way?

Yeah, he looked great today. But he didn't take many shots, and hit almost all of them.  Seems like a blip on the radar. I hope he can keep doing this, but hitting 9 of 11 shots is not a recipe for consistency.

Might be a good knee jerk sell high

The hate for this guy seems a bit much imo. Even when he does well some find a reason to complain. He's a 22 year old center who is still learning the game and got his first real shot at legit minutes about halfway through the year last year. I think some had too high expectations. Young bigs typically take longer to develop and are prone to foul trouble and some inconsistency. I think he's been just fine when taking those things into account, which I did before drafting him. Sure I would like a few more blocks, but it wasn't like he was gonna come out this year have a block party anyways. I figured if he hit 30 min he could possibly get 1.5. It could spike back up a bit but that's a wait and see. Right now he's 40th in 9-cat and 52nd the last two weeks but based on some stuff in this thread you would think the sky is falling. He's doing that on the back of 27 minutes in the last 2 weeks btw. He's at 28.5 for the season. So, he doesn't need 30 plus minutes to return nice value. Also, the Wizards are scoring a ton and play at one of the faster paces in the league so his 28 minutes on this team isn't the same as 28 on some others. 

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2