NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lauri Markkanen 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really took otto at 42 and lauri at 55. I want to die.

My mind is blown everytime i see a posters talk with absolute certainty that kids in their second or third year can't improve.  These guys are 21 and 22 years old in most cases and are not a final pro

FG% anchor, not in the good way.

28 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Practiced in full today most likely will come back tomorrow.

Good reminder, managed to snatch him up in a league w/ an easy matchup for James Johnson.....

Now only if both Marky Mark and Holmes can come back to full strength for Week 22 I might be looking at a championship!!!

Anyone else feel like he's going to do better with otto porter back and lavine gone for a week, surely coby white & him will see an uptick in usage rating. this could be a blessing if he ends up playing tomorrow and helps us out in the fantasy playoffs.

13 hours ago, freddo said:

Talent never in question. maybe injuries were holding him back (was eternally questionable). See how he fares over next few weeks but could be HUGE down the stretch

Last 2 seasons before this one he was a mid round player. This year hes been disappointing but still around the 90-95 rank range.

Lol I drafted him relatively high and was on verge of dropping him on week to week basis, until he strung together a 2-3 game productive streak to keep me hanging on. If I wasnt punting fg pct I might have dropped already, because his bad nights really hurt you there with no positives in other categories 

I had an ir spot and got lucky with no other major injuries so I've held on to him this whole time, but I dont have super high hopes for him coming off a groin injury and out of condition/probably on a minutes restriction and the bulls having nothing to play for besides lottery balls right now

Gonna wait and see, but not expecting him to win my playoffs for me or anything. 

21 hours ago, Extra_Rice said:

He's no Kelly Oubre but took a flier for him when I dropped papi. 

After losing Oubre, getting him from waivers could be a saving grace. Better than just losing a guy who was providing 3rd round value on the season for you.

9 minutes ago, MrJuiceBar said:

Any thoughts on how Lauri pairs with Coby? I haven't really watched the Bulls this year.

Earlier in the year when Coby was coming off the bench early and getting run with the starters Markkanen was fine. It was Coby who struggled with starters. Pretty much the reason they eventually just kept Coby with second unit. I guess it’s a wait and see this time around but I personally wouldn’t worry about Markkanen. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Earlier in the year when Coby was coming off the bench early and getting run with the starters Markkanen was fine. It was Coby who struggled with starters. Pretty much the reason they eventually just kept Coby with second unit. I guess it’s a wait and see this time around but I personally wouldn’t worry about Markkanen. 

I would when they get Lavine back and maybe if Porter becomes a starter. Lot of shots will be consumed.

Can he average at least 7 boards a game? It’s early I totally understand he just got back from a lengthy absence and he’s gonna need some time to get it going not only with his shots but also with just being quick and conditioned to grab boards. But since he’s been back they’ve been a little low ... do we confidently feel that his boards are gonna bump up a little?