NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Riskiest Team Yet? Dealt for Zeke (WHIR)

I couldn't manage to move on from my potential holdout in Gordon, so I just went all in and enbraced it. What do you think? Too risky of a team/trade? My hope is at least one of Zeke/Melvin is ready to start the year, then Boyd can slide in short term until the other returns.

Gave: D. Henry, Edelman

Got: Zeke, C. Davis

10 Team, 0.5 PPR, redraft:

QB Winston

WR Julio

WR K. Allen

RB Zeke

RB M. Gordon

TE Engram

FLEX A. Jones

BE Boyd, C. Davis, Guice, Samuel, Tate, Ekeler, Brady, J. Gordon

Obviously tons of risk here.. But was it worth it? My next order of business will be to try and flip Davis for another decent bench RB. Thanks for any help, leave your links below :)

21 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Ooooo baby what is you doin??!!

You already owner Gordon and you traded for Zeke? 

Damn right :)

My thought process is there is little to no chance that either of them sit the whole year, so if I can get at least one for the start of the season, I can fill in the other spot until the second guy returns. But yep.. It's sure a major risk that could nearly end my season in the first month if I can't get either back. Where's the fun in playing it safe though? 

4 hours ago, DonaldsDucks said:

My hope is at least one of Zeke/Melvin is ready to start the year

I personally go for safe picks, but I admire the balls. There is a chance you will be throwing your phone at the wall in September, and there's a chance you cruise to the championship in December (and the two aren't even mutually exclusive).

Good luck!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Did you draft out of the 9 spot?

1.09 Melvin Gordon

2.02 Julio Jones

3.09 Keenan Allen

4.02 Derrick Henry

5.09 Aaron Jones

6.02 Julian Edelman

7.09 Engram

8.02 Boyd?

Well Engram/Boyd were trades. I drafted 8th. But flip Allen/Henry and you got the order of the top 6.

• Like 1

Man...I am so very scared for you. I think Zeke will play so you'll hopefully be ok there. Def more worried about Gordon being this year's Bell. That said; if they both play, you're for sure a heavy favorite to win the league

On 8/3/2019 at 3:19 PM, DonaldsDucks said:

I couldn't manage to move on from my potential holdout in Gordon, so I just went all in and enbraced it. What do you think? Too risky of a team/trade? My hope is at least one of Zeke/Melvin is ready to start the year, then Boyd can slide in short term until the other returns.

10 Team, 0.5 PPR, redraft:

QB Winston

WR Julio

WR K. Allen

RB Zeke

RB M. Gordon

TE Engram

FLEX A. Jones

BE Boyd, C. Davis, Guice, Samuel, Tate, Ekeler, Brady, J. Gordon

Obviously tons of risk here.. But was it worth it? My next order of business will be to try and flip Davis for another decent bench RB. Thanks for any help, leave your links below :)

I like it as well.  And worst case scenario (both sit out), you still have a good team if A. Jones comes through. 

You might look at the Cowboys' back-ups.  Pollard is supposedly in line for passing work with or without Zeke.  And could get more work if Zeke is out. 

Edited by K197040
  • Thanks 1

I like it. There's a ton of risk there but the reward is too high to pass on, especially given that while there is a whole range of outcomes both Zeke and Gordon playing most games is still the most likely of that range. I mean really who wouldn't want the "got" of this trade?

• Thanks 1