NBC Sports Edge Forums

Draymond Green 2019-2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2020-06-14. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2019 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

I feel like people are sleeping on Draymond this year. He's currently being drafted around ADP 30-35 in Yahoo Leagues (or at least the Mocks i've been doing),

But i feel like he, along with the entire GSW team, are being overlooked and written off.

To me, I think Dray's got a good shot to up his PPG total with Klay out, and Durant gone. And I wouldn't be surprised to see GSW in a TON of close games this year, considering how deep the West is and their current roster situation...meaning...Dray might be putting up a ton of 33-35 Minutes Played games, in comparison to the 31 MPG he's been getting the last couple seasons.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him get back to his 14-15' numbers, maybe not as high of PPG, but somewhere around there.

I think if Dray is still sitting on the board for you at anything past Pick 37-40, you've got to really justify not taking him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because when you actually do a lot of mocks and play 20 leagues then trends become apparent, particularly when you’re playing against other adept opponents.   You’re not paying attention to

I picked him up. Expect a full turn around now since im on the team.

Death line-up?   I'm not sure they can even guard you or me in a pick n roll lol.

logic would say he is going to have  strong year with losing weight and losing Durant and Klay for most of the year to bring up his usage. But he has not look good in the preseason. Offensively not aggressive at all and shooting as badly as ever. his shooting has gone down the past 4 years.

1 hour ago, magic32 said:

logic would say he is going to have  strong year with losing weight and losing Durant and Klay for most of the year to bring up his usage. But he has not look good in the preseason. Offensively not aggressive at all and shooting as badly as ever. his shooting has gone down the past 4 years.

I think the talk of his diet and being in shape has been overestimated. He didn't look to be in the shape he was playoffs last year or most years this preseason, although better in general  and I think hes still got a ways to go. I think hes in shape for preseason Draymond, his own bar, but I'd expect it to only better as the year goes on. My worry is during fantasy playoffs steph klay Russel and dray will be on the floor and I can see a fantasy playoff drop off. I think mid season when GS gets going he will pass his ADP. I'm targeting him a lot but mostly because I generally punt fg/to and he's great as a 3rd rd pick if you can grab him after a couple high scoring guys 1 and 2. 

I think at this point you pretty much have to be punting PTS if you're gonna invest a 3rd round pick in him, which is what it's gonna take to get him

I'm torn. He'd pair well with Simmons and either Drummond or Gobert tho

Edited by PUNTSQUAD

He is not using and very conscience about not getting it making contacts. He’ll gut it out this game and probably will be questionable next few games. 

btw, other than Green, Russell, Curry. I absolutely have no idea who the rest of the rotation are. Wow. What a turnabout for GSW. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Draymond Green 2019-2020 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic