NBC Sports Edge Forums

Draymond Green 2019-2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2020-06-14. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2019 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because when you actually do a lot of mocks and play 20 leagues then trends become apparent, particularly when you’re playing against other adept opponents.   You’re not paying attention to

I picked him up. Expect a full turn around now since im on the team.

Death line-up?   I'm not sure they can even guard you or me in a pick n roll lol.

3 minutes ago, m1dday said:

Traded him away with AG for Sabonis and Conley a few days ago, think I’m feeling much better about that now 

wow,you win the trade by a mile,AG and Green suck so far this season

I've said this a couple other places, but picking up Paschall as a prospective Dray handcuff may help ease the blow when he sits or plays 20 mins. Completely different stats, and the experiment could fail, or Paschall becomes a steady efficient scorer on a depleted roster.

If not him, you'll still want to take a long look at the Warriors. DLo probably doesn't see full minutes this year either, so there's an outrageous amount of counting stats waiting to be scooped up.

2 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

We're at the 5 minute mark and a timeout. GSW has played well against SAS so far. Whether or not they keep Draymond in is a huge indication of what to expect moving forward...

Well they left him in, yet I don't feel any less awful about the situation.

Best case scenario is that they keep games competitive early and convince Kerr to think twice about benching him.

8 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

Well they left him in, yet I don't feel any less awful about the situation.

Best case scenario is that they keep games competitive early and convince Kerr to think twice about benching him.

Just wishful thinking man. He's gonna play less this year and sit more games. Plain and simple.

1 minute ago, HK-47 said:

Just wishful thinking man. He's gonna play less this year and sit more games. Plain and simple.

There's no question about that. But don't forget that the Warriors are so lacking in production that his per-minute value should remain elite. The question is whether we're looking at 20-minute Dray or 28-minute Dray. He's on pace for 30+ tonight. 

Just now, mattshhh said:

There's no question about that. But don't forget that the Warriors are so lacking in production that his per-minute value should remain elite. The question is whether we're looking at 20-minute Dray or 28-minute Dray. He's on pace for 30+ tonight. 

I mean he’s not gonna play just 20 a night man but it’s gonna be hard to predict what you’re getting game to game...or when he sits. Tonight really isn’t an indicator of anything. Situation simply isn’t good for rest of this year and we know it.

1 minute ago, HK-47 said:

I mean he’s not gonna play just 20 a night man but it’s gonna be hard to predict what you’re getting game to game...or when he sits. Tonight really isn’t an indicator of anything. Situation simply isn’t good for rest of this year and we know it.

I'm not pretending Dray finishes near his ADP. But he just put up a 19-minute half with 6 pts 7 rebs 5 ast 2 triples... that's peak Draymond. He hasn't regressed as an athlete. And the game is close, so decent chance that minutes restriction doesn't rear its head tonight.

Won't happen every night, but dude's healthy and likely fueled by a desire to play 4th quarters. Better than owning Steph

5 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Pray for that triple double and send out 20+ offers hoping an owner hasn’t seen the reports. 

Yeahhh might do that. Doubt I'll get anything considering the Warriors have received a lot of attention for sucking this much.

Edited by mattshhh
52 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

I'm not pretending Dray finishes near his ADP. But he just put up a 19-minute half with 6 pts 7 rebs 5 ast 2 triples... that's peak Draymond. He hasn't regressed as an athlete. And the game is close, so decent chance that minutes restriction doesn't rear its head tonight.

Won't happen every night, but dude's healthy and likely fueled by a desire to play 4th quarters. Better than owning Steph

Well yeah one guy is out at least 3 months so of course you want the guy that isn’t. Just saying this game isn’t gonna tell you much in regards to playing time and whatnot. Owning him won’t be fun. That’s all.

Edited by HK-47
1 hour ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Pray for that triple double and send out 20+ offers hoping an owner hasn’t seen the reports. 

This.  And good screen name.  Sonics baby!

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Draymond Green 2019-2020 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic