NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keeper League Trade (W.Smith (C) for Gallen) - WHIR!

This is of course in a keeper league on Yahoo, and we keep 9 players.  5x5 Roto Scoring.  I will also obviously help in return.

Like the title says, the trade is me giving up Will Smith (Catcher) for Zac Gallen.  I have had Will Smith since he was called back up and given the starting job.  Was keeping him around to see if he is legit, and if he is, then considering moving Realmuto for something else and keeping Smith.  Still, obviously with Realmuto being the #1 catcher, it's not exactly something I have to do if this deal is worth doing.

My roster:

C - J.T. Realmuto

1B - Josh Bell

2B - Rougned Odor

3B - Jose Martinez

SS - Francisco Lindor

CI - Renato Nunez

MI - Jean Segura

OF - Yordan Alvarez

OF - Oscar Mercado

OF - Willie Calhoun

OF - Adam Duvall

OF - Mike Yastrzemski

UTIL - Austin Nola

UTIL - Trent Grisham

P - Shane Bieber

P - Justin Verlander

P - Mike Soroka

P - Lance Lynn

P - Brendan McKay

P - Will Smith

P - Ian Kennedy

P - Carlos Martinez

P - Ryan Yarbrough

Bench - Will Smith, Aaron Civale

NA - Isan Diaz

DL - Brandon Woodruff, Tyler Glasnow, Luke Weaver

1 hour ago, JonathanGunz12 said:

I think getting Gallen for Smith is great. Also with shopping realmuto for better arm. Get the best pitcher since that's harder to find usually. But then again, so is catcher. gl.

If I do the deal, I doubt I move Realmuto then.  While some other catchers have emerged this season, a decent amount of them have fallen off (or in the case of Garver, just continue to not get the playing time he deserves).  Also, I can only keep 9 players, so I'd probably only keep 3 SPs.  Bieber and Verlander of course, and then maybe Woodruff (or even Gallen if I do the trade and he flourishes in Arizona).  Not really sure I'd need to do another deal afterwards for another SP.  Thanks regardless.

Edited by KilloWertz
20 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Personally I would shop realmuto for a strong starting arm and see what offers you get before moving Smith for gallen

Was just about to post this...I agree with this 100%.

• Thanks 1

I don't think either Smith or Gallen would be keepers for me with that lineup. Without knowing more about the league settings, I'd also be keeping more than three of those pitchers. Woodruff and Glasnow look to have a lot of potential when healthy again. 

• Thanks 1