NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RB: Devin Singletary - Good write-up on him: https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/devin-singletary-an-under-the-radar-fantasy-league-winner/  Dion Lewis - Not a lot being talked ab

Based on current ADP, here are some guys I like in rounds 12+ QB: J. Allen (13.04), M. Trubisky (13.07) RB: M. Breida (12.12), D. Lewis (13.02), N. Hines (13.12) WR: J. Brown (12.12), M

Everyone disappeared when LJ took over... The only person who didn't disappear was LJ himself

I can not bring myself to take albet wilson or dnany amendola seriously unless in a 14 team league. For 12 team leagues no thanks. A redskins wr will emerge imo to be at least a top 30 wr at some point it is just throwing a dart. I think i will try the unknown of trey quinn or their 3rd round rookie wr terry m. Richardson showed me nothing last year and doctson I have given up on so I can not try him anymore. Redskins will prob be trailing a lot early on vs their brutual opening schedule.

1 hour ago, isuckatdfs said:

I can not bring myself to take albet wilson or dnany amendola seriously unless in a 14 team league. For 12 team leagues no thanks. A redskins wr will emerge imo to be at least a top 30 wr at some point it is just throwing a dart. I think i will try the unknown of trey quinn or their 3rd round rookie wr terry m. Richardson showed me nothing last year and doctson I have given up on so I can not try him anymore. Redskins will prob be trailing a lot early on vs their brutual opening schedule.

I’m in a big league

but agree, hard to put on a 12 teamer

1 hour ago, isuckatdfs said:

Redksins actually have a low key good defense, especially up front. 

14 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

"I see your Trey Quinn and raise you one Terry McLaurin. Kid was great in college and reunited with his qb. Thanks for reminding me [why] I wanted him lol"

Washington has been drafting really well, but injury has decimated the squad the last few seasons. Not only that, they've struggled to replace their OC, QB & experience at WR. At the draft, NFL Network commentators made note of the connection between ascending QB coach/OC Kevin O'Connell & Ryan Day (OSU HC) & the likeliness that had over them selecting Haskins & McLaurin. I can agree that developmental resources (& perhaps the playback & offensive philosophy) will shift to serve & exploit the skill set of these two players. This reads more like an identity search year for them & Quinn is Gruden's player. For short term, redraft leagues, I like Quinn.   

I suppose I should've placed greater emphasis, but I did want to gain your thoughts on Josh Gordon. We believe he's going to be reinstated, make that case...     

Edited by markrc99
  • Like 1

Nothing too fresh to offer, but I'll chime in.

Mostly I like the receivers in this area:

Anthony Miller / Trey Quinn / Keke Coutee / Deebo Samuel / Daesean Hamilton / Phillip Dorsett / Robert Foster

Couple RB's too:

Matt Breida / Jaylen Samuels

I also want to see if one of these guys can make a leap:

Mitch Trubisky / Josh Allen

TE...  Not really feeling it yet.

4 hours ago, markrc99 said:

Washington has been drafting really well, but injury has decimated the squad the last few seasons. Not only that, they've struggled to replace their OC, QB & experience at WR. At the draft, NFL Network commentators made note of the connection between ascending QB coach/OC Kevin O'Connell & Ryan Day (OSU HC) & the likeliness that had over them selecting Haskins & McLaurin. I can agree that developmental resources (& perhaps the playback & offensive philosophy) will shift to serve & exploit the skill set of these two players. This reads more like an identity search year for them & Quinn is Gruden's player. For short term, redraft leagues, I like Quinn.   

I suppose I should've placed greater emphasis, but I did want to gain your thoughts on Josh Gordon. We believe he's going to be reinstated, make that case...     

Thoughts on if/ when he gets reinstated or how good he’ll be if he plays? Assuming the former, I think there’s a decent chance he gets reinstated for 2 reasons: 1- how the pats handled the situation. BB always seems to be one step ahead of the league and his tenuring of Gordon bodes well for his chances. 2- there’s conflicting reports on whether or not Gordon actually failed a drug test. It’s believed he dodged the test (walked away from the team) bc he would’ve failed, but I don’t believe he actually did. That’s important bc JG can now pitch that he walked away to take care of his mental health and the league doesn’t look hypocritical for allowing a guy who failed (what would that be his 4th failed test) back into the league. The league, Atleast publicly, has been trying to place an emphasis on players mental health and banning Gordon for good after he “walked away to take care of himself” would not look good for them. 

Tony Pollard has a chance to provide real value in PPR leagues even if Zeke plays the whole season (which he probably will).  He caught 75 passes in his last two seasons at Memphis and was probably the best kick returner in the nation.  Dallas has been talking about ways to get him the ball.  It could be all hype (some people are comparing him to Kamara, which is really ridiculous), but there's upside here, and then you throw on top of it the uncertainty of the Zeke situation and it adds a little something.  As a last-round pick in a draft you could do worse, especially in deeper leagues and/or leagues that reward return yardage.

(Also, I gave him a late 2nd round grade in dynasty.)

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Lol. “Draft every UDFA. Why? Bc arian foster, that’s why!”

Lindsay was an UDFA as well, and he was pretty good just last year.  I dunno about you, but I read these forums for nuggets like this.  Crockett has 4.40 jets on a 225 lb frame.  Don't see that every day.  Worth keeping an eye on Crockett, since he only has Lamar Miller in front of him and we all know how pedestrian Lamar is.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

"I think there’s a decent chance he gets reinstated for 2 reasons: 1- how the pats handled the situation. BB always seems to be one step ahead of the league and his tenuring of Gordon bodes well for his chances. ... The league, at least publicly..."

Language in the agreed upon drug policy says a player in "stage three" can't apply for reinstatement any sooner than 60 days prior to the one-year anniversary of being banished. That suggests Gordon isn't eligible to re-apply until sometime in October & yet he has. I've also read that the commissioner has a lot of latitude in deciding when a player is ready to return. The policy also says Goodell is to issue a determination within 60 days. Elsewhere he's been quoted as saying that league offices are committed to helping Gordon get in the "right place" & that he believes Gordon is completely focused on doing exactly that. That part could be, you know. To me it's that Gordon is permitted to apply more than 3 months sooner than he otherwise could be. Could be wrong but I think that's big.       

I also meant to add that Gordon's offseason regiment has him looking ripped! 

Edited by markrc99
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

"Welp there goes my 16th round pick." 

Could be, but you may want to consider whether it has more to do with them lacking legit featured WRs than McLaurin besting established guys. Doctson & Richardson are the primary reasons I like Quinn.  

On 8/5/2019 at 11:21 AM, affliction said:

QB: Jimmy Garrapolo

RB: Ronald Jones

RB: Darrell Henderson

WR: Devante Parker 

WR: Geronimo Allison 

TE: Tyler Eifert/TJ Hockenson

+ Hakeem Butler

9 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Welp there goes my 16th round pick. 

Yup im all in on this one, he's out here beating Josh norman and company

• 3 weeks later...

Targets in my deep 16T

Dede Westbrook (...but he doesn't really count)

DK Metcalf

Miles Boykin

Tre'Quan Smith

Terry McLaurin

Keesean Johnson

Darren Waller -TE (so confident, he's my only TE that I waited on til pick 207)

Elijah McGuire (with the hopes Houston makes the move)

• Like 1

TE's :

Dallas Goedert

T.J. Hockenson

WR's

Marques Valdes-Scantling 

James Washington 

Miles Boykin

Mecole Hardman

Tyrell Williams

RB handcuffs who might even have stand alone value as the season progresses : 

Ito Smith