NBC Sports Edge Forums

Right after I drafted in a $20 10 team .5ppr yahoo auction league 2 WR, 2 Rb, 1 flex, I offered a trade:

My: A. Rodgers (I also have D.brees) , D. hopkins, T. Kelce for his J. Jones, M. Thomas, J. Cook

It gets accepted and then I get this email:

" This trade is so one sided it shows signs of two people working together to beat the system. I am protesting this trade and hope all other members do also. I can't believe anyone would accept this deal unless they are in partnership with the other."

Im not against vetoing unfair trades, Ive done it once, but I cant see what is unfair about this. There is an $8 difference in money spent on these players, in his favor.

So my question is this an unfair trade and does yahoo just automatically veto trades if someone protest?

heres a link to my team:

Edited by Coprolagnia
7 minutes ago, Coprolagnia said:

Right after I drafted in a $20 10 team .5ppr yahoo auction league 2 WR, 2 Rb, 1 flex, I offered a trade:

My: A. Rodgers (I also have D.brees) , D. hopkins, T. Kelce for his J. Jones, M. Thomas, J. Cook

It gets accepted and then I get this email:

" This trade is so one sided it shows signs of two people working together to beat the system. I am protesting this trade and hope all other members do also. I can't believe anyone would accept this deal unless they are in partnership with the other."

Im not against vetoing unfair trades, Ive done it once, but I cant see what is unfair about this. There is an $8 difference in money spent on these players, in his favor.

So my question is this an unfair trade and does yahoo just automatically veto trades if someone protest?

heres a link to my team:

Nothing wrong with it.

I don't know enough about Yahoo and if can be automatically set to cancel based on # of vetos.  Even so, I wouldn't think it would be set up to cancel after just 1 veto.

But you should get notification of a canceled trade either way.   If it still shows up as pending, you're still OK.

Edited by K197040

This is exactly why I’d never play in a league where other owners have a say in my trade. If you wanna talk collusion, that creates collusion against the trade partners

Edited by lvsaint429
51 minutes ago, Coprolagnia said:

I think yahoo pro leagues get vetoed if a certain number of owners vote for a veto, but I’m not sure...I thought they also had some process for a human to review.  

I know I was in a pro league where a trade was vetoed because it was ridiculously one sided.  I just don’t remember the circumstances. 

Also, just post in that league that you were doing price enforcement on whichever qb you bid on/drafted last and didn't want to end up with two which is why you are trading one and taking $8 less in value. 

Regarding if it’s a fair trade...It’s not a bad trade, but I think you are actually getting the better deal given your roster despite the auction values.  

8 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I think yahoo pro leagues get vetoed if a certain number of owners vote for a veto, but I’m not sure...I thought they also had some process for a human to review.  

I know I was in a pro league where a trade was vetoed because it was ridiculously one sided.  I just don’t remember the circumstances. 

It says it reviewed by their yahoo sports team, but I dont think they have time to evaluate properly...also I did draft 2 qbs was going to draft newton as well when i saw they were waiting on qb just so he'll be stuck with a weaker qb and to sweeten the trade but someone else picked him

Edited by Coprolagnia
25 minutes ago, Coprolagnia said:

It says it reviewed by their yahoo sports team, but I dont think they have time to evaluate properly..

It will probably be fine then, no human is going to look at that and think it's unfair unless they're clueless.

33 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

It will probably be fine then, no human is going to look at that and think it's unfair unless they're clueless.

Yeah...if this trade gets more vetoes, you need to file your own collusion claim and say that all the vetoers are colluding.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That's a reasonable trade. I like your side better because I'd rather have great WRs than great QBs and TEs but I can't see how that trade is collusion. Cook is a major downgrade from Kelce so they're getting something too in addition to Rodgers, and Hopkins is probably the best of the 3 WRs involved. Likely a trade which benefits both teams (which is the point of trades).

8 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Which is the losing side?

x2

julio Thomas> nuk kelce

so Rodgers for cooks covers it

value wise its not really there but team needs and 10 teamer and julio and Thomas both being 1st rd picks makes this a fair deal

In a snake draft, it'd be a 1st rounder (Hopkins), 2nd rounder (Kelce), and 6th rounder (Rodgers) for a 1st rounder (Julio), 2nd rounder (M.Thomas), and 9th rounder (J.Cook). 

So you're essentially trading a 6th rounder for a 9th rounder.  You're losing this trade (in terms of value), but I doubt it gets vetoed.

18 hours ago, Coprolagnia said:

It says it reviewed by their yahoo sports team, 

18 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

11 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

At least one human has

The context was “on the yahoo sports team”. Of course some of his league mates might claim its unfair to gain an advantage.