NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

thebadferret

1 hour ago, fightmilk said:

I feel like everyone was chasing Brown, Ross, Hock. I had a 3 spot and had Terry as my priority out of the top adds this week due to the % of on field time / snap count that’s been floating around - think it was something like 93%. He still has relatively low ownership % ( I know it doesn’t mean much but just shows he’s still widely- ish available in leagues).

Definitely a flyer / bench for now but could be something here, I’m interested to see how week 2 pans out. 

Top target in my league while Ross cleared. I think it could be the history of rookie WRs. Typically they will peak at WR3/4. 

• Like 1

I looked up rookie WR history over the past several seasons, researching guys who finished as a Top 60 WR. Here are the PPR results...

image.png.7dcbe9c7549ce9b37e47bd6db8b76b62.png

A few notes...
First, this is final end of season ranking and not PPG.
There are some who would be on this list if not for missed games (such as B.Cooks & A.Robinson) or even higher on the list (such as Odell).
Some would rank higher in leagues that also count return game statistics (such as Tyreek).
And some players not ranked in the Top 60 were still fantasy-relevant for portions of their rookie season (such as Robert Foster last year).

Overall, each of the last six seasons has had at least one rookie WR2. Time will tell if McLaurin or any of the other rookie WR's can reach that status (or at least be fantasy-relevant even if they don't hit the WR2 mark).

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Like having a discussion with my ex. 

Haha, I just think the OBJ rookie year was an anomaly, but he was a first round talent immediately. To even get 5th/6th round value out of McLaurin would be a win, and much more realistic. The Eagles secondary is pretty bad. I think most teams are going to light them up in the passing game

My favorite part about him is that when Keenum is benching for Haskins we will really see his full potential. Which could honestly happen Week 6 if they go 0-5. 

Haskins would’ve hit him in stride for that would be 75 yard TD. 

Starting him in one league but possibly 2 depending on my flex. Snap count, No WR competition, targets, negative game scripts. What more could you ask for. He has the makings of WW pick up of the year

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins

16 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

So who is actually in the same pontoon boat as me and starting scary Terry this week?

So scary.

I am as my WR3 🙈 it's half ppr so I'm hoping the targets are there atleast, if the yards and TD don't come. I'm starting him over DeDe Westrbook am I crazy or nah 

1 hour ago, pfresh said:

starting him over dede westbrook, jarvis landry and will fuller 

I'm a full believer in scary Terry and am in pretty much the same boat, but playing him over Dede feels like an overreaction, at least in ppr. But that comes down to I don't like scary's matchup compared to Dede's few days old slot corner for the texans and a rookie that will probably need a safety valve when teams gameplan for him.

I see WR2 season long numbers w upside. Having a conundrum this week at flex w terry, Flash, and Hollywood. Love the video posted earlier showing great character and attitude. Though these things are kind of necessary to make it to the league in the first place, I sense something different w him.

41 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

I see WR2 season long numbers w upside. Having a conundrum this week at flex w terry, Flash, and Hollywood. Love the video posted earlier showing great character and attitude. Though these things are kind of necessary to make it to the league in the first place, I sense something different w him.

Agree that those are positive attributes.  Strongly disagree that they're necessary to make it to the league.

• Thanks 1