NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He's not exactly managing a Cinnabon

look...i didn't say it was a GOOD WITSEC setup. On the other hand he DOES get to where a mask at his job....

wait...that's a BB reference?

Edited by yossarian
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This comment intrigued me and I took a look at how the Bears have done against WR's while on the road, since the start of 2018... --Week 1 2018 @ GB: D.Adams: 5-88-1, Cobb: 9-142-1, Allison 5-69-1

His talent is unquestionable 

Posted Images

That's Byron Jones, PFF's #7 CB last season, who McLaurin was roasting over and over again.  I really love the play where the bomb was thrown over the wrong shoulder, but he's able to turn the other way and knock it away from the defender.  Uncanny.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

McLaurin looks a little bit like AB out there. Fast, quick, tough, great body control, great route runner, fights for every ball and every yard, plays with a razor sharp edge and is excellent running any route anywhere on the field. They both have that surreal ability to anticipate the play a split second before anyone else does and react to it immediately. Really glad I picked him up, one of the very few bright spots on my team

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nap Time said:

That's Byron Jones, PFF's #7 CB last season, who McLaurin was roasting over and over again.  I really love the play where the bomb was thrown over the wrong shoulder, but he's able to turn the other way and knock it away from the defender.  Uncanny.

I agree, in my opinion it shows he's more than just an offensive weapon, but also a playmaker. 

I think he's becoming trustworthy to be an every week starter. 

Am I crazy to want to start him against the bears over Edelman? 

Edited by potatoetree
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, potatoetree said:

I agree, in my opinion it shows he's more than just an offensive weapon, but also a playmaker. 

Depends on if you’re PPR or not. I’ve watched commentary and gameplay on this kid, and he genuinely seems to WANT this. Someone like that, with scary natural physical talent. Whew!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, potatoetree said:

Edelman got 4 targets. Really risky to start him

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Nap Time said:

This ^^^ 

I am very pleased with McLaurin.  He went up against a Dallas defense that has a good secondary and still produced.

8 hours ago, rex_bulkhead said:

McLaurin looks a little bit like AB out there. Fast, quick, tough, great body control, great route runner, fights for every ball and every yard, plays with a razor sharp edge and is excellent running any route anywhere on the field. They both have that surreal ability to anticipate the play a split second before anyone else does and react to it immediately. Really glad I picked him up, one of the very few bright spots on my team

I haven't said it for obvious reasons and he's obviously not that good but...absolutely the first and only receiver he reminds me of. 

• Like 1

Love this guy but we should be realistic too.  He was blanketed for 3 quarters and really only got that TD because they force fed him it at the goal line.  Four passes in a row from 6 yards out.  I don't think that happens in a normal game.  Spina gave a great tip about it being McLaurin's birthday and his whole family being there, so that would explain it.

Having said that, he does seem to be a focal point of the passing game and if he's getting 7-10 targets per game (very reasonable), then he should be a solid WR2 with his talent.  His schedule is pretty good too.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Force feeding a guy at the goal line is a good thing not a bad thing. 

What I mean is....they probably only did it because the game was over and it was a big day for him (birthday, family there, etc.)  I don't think they do that otherwise.  They would try to run it in with Peterson.  Four passes in a row from 6 yards out is really not normal.

Edited by Brownsfan74
5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

What I mean is....they probably only did it because the game was over and it was a big day for him (birthday, family there, etc.)  I don't think they do that otherwise.  They would try to run it in with Peterson.  Four passes in a row from 6 yards out is really not normal.

Not normal? Happens all the time. Sometimes teams are out of time outs or they don’t want to use up clock by running. All sorts of scenarios in which that happens. 

9 hours ago, rex_bulkhead said:

I can see it too. He needs to keep going though as we all know and hope

• Like 1