NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This comment intrigued me and I took a look at how the Bears have done against WR's while on the road, since the start of 2018... --Week 1 2018 @ GB: D.Adams: 5-88-1, Cobb: 9-142-1, Allison 5-69-1

His talent is unquestionable 

Posted Images

Not saying the kid isn't legit because I do believe he is, but I have to ask the question...

Sell high?

You may be able to get a nice return right now from a team that is struggling at WR.  One bad game this Sunday and that value may evaporate, since he doesn't really have the name recognition or play for a premier team. 

3 minutes ago, fingers said:

A switch to Haskins would've concerned me a few days ago but after watching Keenum last night it's hard to imagine it would be a downgrade. 

I disagree.  Case threw for 332 yards and 2 TDs.  These are really good numbers if you own one of his receivers.  

Case threw 3 INT's and lost a fumble.  In real life, this is terrible.  In fantasy, this is bad if you own Keenum. 

It is irrelevant if you own his receivers.  They don't dock receivers points if the QB throws a pick.  In a sense, it's almost not bad if your receiver's QB throws a pick 6, because now game script starts favoring your WR.  The downside is you lose that scoring opportunity from that drive but, again, he threw for 332 yards and 2 TDs.  If he keeps that up, McLaurin will have a lot of good games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, fingers said:

A switch to Haskins would've concerned me a few days ago but after watching Keenum last night it's hard to imagine it would be a downgrade. 

wow ... against the Bears D? really?  gotta give the cat a pass, man - chuck it. 

never underestimate a journeyman playing for his NFL life making a WR into a flat out STUD ... Derek Anderson/Braylon, Volek/Bennet, etc

they'll eventually switch to Haskins to kick the tires, not because Case looked silly against that beastly D ... and, like others have already said, the switch could really torpedo this kid's sizzle. 

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

wow ... against the Bears D? really?  gotta give the cat a pass, man - chuck it. 

never underestimate a journeyman playing for his NFL life making a WR into a flat out STUD ... Derek Anderson/Braylon, Volek/Bennet, etc

they'll eventually switch to Haskins to kick the tires, not because Case looked silly against that beastly D ... and, like others have already said, the switch could really torpedo this kid's sizzle. 

People keep forgetting their oline is terrible and bears def is stout.  Haskins would have been way worse.  He looked terrible in preseason.  Kid def aint ready.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I'll give Case some credit. He never checks himself out. They were down by a ton and he started the game off with a pick 6 but he kept chugging. If they scored, instead of running that odd goal line pile play on the 15 yard line, it would have been a 1 possession game after being down 28-0. 

Bears shoulda signed Keenum 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Not saying the kid isn't legit because I do believe he is, but I have to ask the question...

Sell high?

You may be able to get a nice return right now from a team that is struggling at WR.  One bad game this Sunday and that value may evaporate, since he doesn't really have the name recognition or play for a premier team. 

I think he’s a good sell-high just because rookie WRs tend to have their best games of the season early on, and then once opposing defenses have their number, it takes them time to make the adjustments. Often they just fall off the fantasy earth as the season goes on.

Last season Calvin Ridley was the only rookie WR to finish in the top-24. In 2017, only JuJu managed that. In 2016, Michael Thomas and Tyreek Hill were the only two.  And in all four of these cases, there was an established veteran on the team who led the depth chart and cleared the way for immediate success.  OBJ is the only recent example I can recall of a rookie almost immediately stepping into the real-life WR1 role (due to Victor Cruz’s injury) and becoming a weekly fantasy starter.

If someone’s trying to buy Terry now before he puts up a dud, I’d see what you can get.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Sell high?

Maybe.  But I'm not sure that other managers will recognize his value as much as the McLauren owner.   I think with all of the other flashier WRs who've hit big recently, he's still somewhat under the radar.  It might have to do with him being on the Redskins. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

I'll give Case some credit. He never checks himself out. They were down by a ton and he started the game off with a pick 6 but he kept chugging. If they scored, instead of running that odd goal line pile play on the 15 yard line, it would have been a 1 possession game after being down 28-0.

One of the more puzzling plays I've seen this year, and that's coming from a diehard Lions fan.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, K197040 said:

Maybe.  But I'm not sure that other managers will recognize his value as much as the McLauren owner.   I think with all of the other flashier WRs who've hit big recently, he's still somewhat under the radar.  It might have to do with him being on the Redskins. 

Agreed. He might not be a good sell high just because he’s not a big name, even if he’s producing well. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dfstout said:

Kid looks amazing now, imagine when his college QB starts throwing to him...and he just proved he's matchup proof too....😍

I wouldn’t be too anxious to get his rookie college QB behind center.  He’s producing now with Keenum, I feel better about it staying that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He has a lot going for him.

- Looks like he is talented.  Makes tough catches, is extremely fast, and has been getting open.

- On a team that needs to throw a lot due to game script and lack of running game

- Has a QB that is willing to throw downfield

- Good target share

I mean...how much more are we asking for here?

• Thanks 1