NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This comment intrigued me and I took a look at how the Bears have done against WR's while on the road, since the start of 2018... --Week 1 2018 @ GB: D.Adams: 5-88-1, Cobb: 9-142-1, Allison 5-69-1

His talent is unquestionable 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TrillaTrilla said:

WR1 ROS. Scary Terry cannot be stopped. 

I love the kid, but not ready to dub him a WR1 just yet. I mean he just graduated from WR3 school with high honors to the WR2 community college. But the upside is there , can't wait to see what he has in store for us this season. Scary Terry is the real deal Holyfield no question about it. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Not saying the kid isn't legit because I do believe he is, but I have to ask the question...

Sell high?

You may be able to get a nice return right now from a team that is struggling at WR.  One bad game this Sunday and that value may evaporate, since he doesn't really have the name recognition or play for a premier team. 

My question is when was the last time the Redskins had a dependable WR who you could play from week to week? And you could argue that their QB situation is the worst it's been in years. Keenum is worse than Alex Smith. So yeah, I would definitely be looking to sell him high. 

4 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

My question is when was the last time the Redskins had a dependable WR who you could play from week to week? And you could argue that their QB situation is the worst it's been in years. Keenum is worse than Alex Smith. So yeah, I would definitely be looking to sell him high. 

What talented receiver have they had in the past who would even be capable of putting up numbers?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

12 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

You could've started Garcon in 2016 as a WR2 I think.  But Terry's already blown the doors off of Jameson Crowder and Josh Doctson I think we can fairly say.

As for Case Keenum's ability to create a viable fantasy reciever as opposed to say, the Redskins QB in 2016 and 2017, I might refer you to the Stefon Diggs thread.

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

You could've started Garcon in 2016 as a WR2 I think.  But Terry's already blown the doors off of Jameson Crowder and Josh Doctson I think we can fairly say.

As for Case Keenum's ability to create a viable fantasy reciever as opposed to say, the Redskins QB in 2016 and 2017, I might refer you to the Stefon Diggs thread.

Garcon was never a dependable / set it and forget it WR2 in 2016. And I'm not sure exactly what your point is with the second part of your comment. Are you trying dig Cousins because he plays for a coach who prefers to throw the ball 90% of the time? Or are you saying that Diggs was good when Keenum was his QB? Because he was good, but not great that year. 

Anyway, McLaurin may be this good, but he plays for a terrible team. If I had the opportunity to trade him for a player with a more proven track record who plays for a better team I'd do it in a heartbeat. Someone like Josh Gordon for example. 

Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

Garcon was never a dependable / set it and forget it WR2 in 2016. And I'm not sure exactly what your point is with the second part of your comment. Are you trying dig Cousins because he plays for a coach who prefers to throw the ball 90% of the time? Or are you saying that Diggs was good when Keenum was his QB? Because he was good, but not great that year. 

Anyway, McLaurin may be this good, but he plays for a terrible team. If I had the opportunity to trade him for a player with a more proven track record who plays for a better team I'd do it in a heartbeat. Someone like Josh Gordon for example. 

Proven track record for me means doing well on 100 percent of games (check) not busting for 7 consecutive years

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

What talented receiver have they had in the past who would even be capable of putting up numbers?

Well, they had D-Jax, who gave them two 1000 yard seasons in 2014 and 2016, and Garcon in 2016. Aside from that it's been rough. Nobody who's bombed in WAS has really been an impact player anywhere else afterwards, though, so we can probably blame talent rather than the system. They haven't really had a WR of Terry's caliber in many years, and that's more of a comment on the state of their WR corps since the RG3 era.

Edited by eg4190
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

My point is that Keenum has viably supported fantasy WRs before - Diggs and Thielen in 2017, Sanders last year, heck even Kenny Britt in 2016, so he's the least of my worries.  He may be a bad real life quarterback, but that matters little in his WRs accumulating stats.

Likewise "terrible team" can also be a good thing.  Josh Gordon will come with his own headaches as the Pats are bound to have some days where Berkhead or whoever the RB de jour is has 4 rushing TDs.  And in terms of name value I'm not sure you could get him in a trade anyway.

Personally, I suspect Terry has more value to his current teams than he could fetch in a "sell high" scenario in most leagues, because most people who have him don't value him that highly yet.  3rd round draft pick, no college resume to speak of, etc.  There are exceptions to that rule of course, every league is different.

Everyone has a "sell high" window, but I don't think this is it for him in terms of perceived market value in most leagues.

• Like 1

You gotta keep playing this dude , selling high right now is of no use to anyone. Unless you're looking to get back an RB/TE and your super thin at the position. You won't be getting anywhere near value for him , so might as play a guy who is performing at an elite WR2 clip. If you want to sell high or trade at any point , you need to wait at least until half of the season is gone. At that point he won't just be waiver wire gold. But a certified STUD to everyones eyes, including your league mates. That's just the way I see it . I for one will be starting him throughout the year if he continues on this pace. Everyone loves a feel good story about a rookie break out wide receiver , he already set one rookie record with the 5 catches and a touchdown in his first 3 games. He has a great work ethic, seems humble, & I love his game... I'm rooting for him no doubt 🙌

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

You gotta keep playing this dude , selling high right now is of no use to anyone. Unless you're looking to get back an RB/TE and your super thin at the position. You won't be getting anywhere near value for him , so might as play a guy who is performing at an elite WR2 clip. If you want to sell high or trade at any point , you need to wait at least until half of the season is gone. At that point he won't just be waiver wire gold. But a certified STUD to everyones eyes, including your league mates. That's just the way I see it . I for one will be starting him throughout the year if he continues on this pace. Everyone loves a feel good story about a rookie break out wide receiver , he already set one rookie record with the 5 catches and a touchdown in his first 3 games. He has a great work ethic, seems humble, & I love his game... I'm rooting for him no doubt 🙌

And I say he continues that record against the Giants this week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

wow ... against the Bears D? really?  gotta give the cat a pass, man - chuck it. 

Maybe you didn't watch the game, but Keenum was awful. It doesn't matter what defense you're facing, if you turn the ball over FIVE times, you aren't doing your job. Lol at giving him a pass. Several of those turnovers were all on him and just totally unacceptable. 

6 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Maybe you didn't watch the game, but Keenum was awful. It doesn't matter what defense you're facing, if you turn the ball over FIVE times, you aren't doing your job. Lol at giving him a pass. Several of those turnovers were all on him and just totally unacceptable. 

LOLLLLZZZZ!!1!1!

yeah, yer right ... mah bad, slats - better they should've chucked the rook in - you are sagacious, o wise one. 

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

LOLLLLZZZZ!!1!1!

yeah, yer right ... mah bad, slats - better they should've chucked the rook in - you are sagacious, o wise one. 

Who said they should've "chucked the rook in"?  Your comprehension is almost as bad as your writing.

• Thanks 1