NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I love the kid, but not ready to dub him a WR1 just yet. I mean he just graduated from WR3 school with high honors to the WR2 community college. But the upside is there , can't wait to see what he has in store for us this season. Scary Terry is the real deal Holyfield no question about it. 

He may be getting a full ride to Harvard by the end of the year.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This comment intrigued me and I took a look at how the Bears have done against WR's while on the road, since the start of 2018... --Week 1 2018 @ GB: D.Adams: 5-88-1, Cobb: 9-142-1, Allison 5-69-1

His talent is unquestionable 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Garcon was never a dependable / set it and forget it WR2 in 2016. And I'm not sure exactly what your point is with the second part of your comment. Are you trying dig Cousins because he plays for a coach who prefers to throw the ball 90% of the time? Or are you saying that Diggs was good when Keenum was his QB? Because he was good, but not great that year. 

Anyway, McLaurin may be this good, but he plays for a terrible team. If I had the opportunity to trade him for a player with a more proven track record who plays for a better team I'd do it in a heartbeat. Someone like Josh Gordon for example. 

wait...what? nah. why would you trade a kid who's done nothing but produce and is the WR 1 for his team for a guy who hasn't produced consistently since Obama was president, is forgotten by his qb and his coach for entire games at a time, and has already had to leave one game due to injury? If you can sell high on McLaurin by all means do it. Josh Gordon is not selling high. Not even a little bit. Everybody thinks he's the same guy he was 7 years ago and the Pats are gonna start giving him 12 targets a game any day now. That's just not the case.  

Keenum QB'd the Vikings offense in 2017. That season Diggs went for 849/8 and Thielen went for 1276/4. The guy is a mediocre QB but he has had WR 1/2s in the past. 

• Like 2
On 9/18/2019 at 4:24 PM, pfresh said:

starting Million $ Terry for the 2nd straight week. im willing to risk it all 

been starting him week 2 and week 3.  feeling good about picking him up over hollywood brown after week 1 ww

• Like 1

Ugh.  Not good.  I hope all you guys who think McLaurin will be better with Haskins are right.....

--------------

Case Keenum (foot) missed practice Wednesday.

The Redskins didn't actually practice but Keenum's "projected participation" at Wednesday's walk through classified him as sidelined. The 31-year-old had an x-ray following Monday's contest and should be considered doubtful after singlehandedly coughing up six turnovers against the Bears. We'll wait to see how the wind blows, but all signs point to No. 15 overall pick Dwayne Haskins making his first career start opposite Daniel Jones and the Giants on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Ugh.  Not good.  I hope all you guys who think McLaurin will be better with Haskins are right.....

--------------

The Redskins didn't actually practice but Keenum's "projected participation" at Wednesday's walk through classified him as sidelined. The 31-year-old had an x-ray following Monday's contest and should be considered doubtful after singlehandedly coughing up six turnovers against the Bears. We'll wait to see how the wind blows, but all signs point to No. 15 overall pick Dwayne Haskins making his first career start opposite Daniel Jones and the Giants on Sunday.

Seems like a huge over reaction from RW. It could be correct, just a little premature to say "all signs point to Haskins starting"

Just now, m_cox22 said:

Seems like a huge over reaction from RW. It could be correct, just a little premature to say "all signs point to Haskins starting"

... or it could be a thinly veiled injury "sit" (wink wink) for Case by Gruden ... tossing the rook in vs a verrrrrrry suspect defense is a great way to get the tootsies wet 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

--------------

Rotoworld writers are the absolute worst. 

Missing a Wednesday practice after getting beaten up on Monday Night football is not grounds to consider him "doubtful."  

Obviously a switch to Haskins is a possibility (if the kid is close to being ready he should be starting) but labeling Keenum doubtful this early without anything more than a "missed practice" is just negligent fantasy football journalism. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

Rotoworld writers are the absolute worst. 

Missing a Wednesday practice after getting beaten up on Monday Night football is not grounds to consider him "doubtful."  

Obviously a switch to Haskins is a possibility (if the kid is close to being ready he should be starting) but labeling Keenum doubtful this early without anything more than a "missed practice" is just negligent fantasy football journalism. 

Fair enough.  We do know that Case got an x-ray and would have missed practice.  That's factual and not good.

Without this news, McLaurin is an easy start against a horrible GIants secondary, but I dunno what to do if Haskins gets his first career start.  It's such a wildcard.

4 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Fair enough.  We do know that Case got an x-ray and would have missed practice.  That's factual and not good.

Without this news, McLaurin is an easy start against a horrible GIants secondary, but I dunno what to do if Haskins gets his first career start.  It's such a wildcard.

It's definitely possible that Keenum is too hurt to play or is flat out benched for Haskins. I was just commenting on the Rotoworld blurb that seriously jumped to conclusions

It’s more likely that Colt McCoy starts. It’s definitely not good for McLaurin either way. Keenum gave him his best chance. The Giants pass D is horrendous though. 

Edited by y2jbones
7 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

It’s more likely that Colt McCoy starts. It’s definitely not good for McLaurin either way. Keenum gave him his best chance. The Giants pass D is horrendous though. 

I prefer Keenum , Haskins (college history with Terry) , McCoy in that order . So hopefully Colt isn't starting 

1 minute ago, TheFire said:

I'd bench him if Keenum doesn't play unless you have no other options. 

No way you bench him, sorry but no . He's a must start until proven otherwise ... & against this god forsaken Giants D doesn't matter who is under center for Washington 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... or it could be a thinly veiled injury "sit" (wink wink) for Case by Gruden ... tossing the rook in vs a verrrrrrry suspect defense is a great way to get the tootsies wet 🤷‍♂️

Nope. Gruden is playing for his job. He's not handing this over to a rookie to rebuild. He'll be fired first. 

Case is genuinely not able to play or he will start IMO. 

• Like 1