NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

thebadferret

Expert Note
View More Notes

He's now seen 24 targets on 124 pass attempts from Keenum, good enough for a 19.4 percent target share. His 47.1 percent of team air yards ranks third at the wide receiver position, a great indicator of future success. He just posted top-24 numbers against both the Cowboys and Bears defenses, two teams that combined to allow just 20 receivers to hit 14.9 PPR points against them last year (the average top-24 finish). He's the real deal. Now onto his best matchup yet, as the Giants have already allowed seven different wide receivers post at least 12.0 PPR points against them, which included three 100-yard performances (Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, Mike Evans). Their top two cornerbacks who cover the perimeter are Janoris Jenkins and DeAndre Baker, who have combined to allow 30-of-43 passing for 578 yards and five touchdowns this year. Start "F1" as a WR2 in this matchup.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I want to sell this guy so bad but I'm not sure if the hype is flowing thru the veins of my fellow league mates at it has in fantasy circles around the globe. 

Sell him next week. He's gonna torch the giants. But it'll probably be the high point of the season for him. 

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

Ugh.  Was he limited yesterday?  If not, he picked up an injury during practice.

Wasn't yesterday basically a walkthrough? I thought I saw that when looking at the Keenum news.

I'm guessing its just a day off. He took some pretty good shots last week. Tomorrow's status will be a better indicator.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Weeks 15 and 16 are Philly and New York again, if that sort of thing is interesting to you.

Haskins will be qb by then. And he won't be good. And Jordan reed will be back to steal targets. Right now he has a, vet qb and is the primary target. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, m_cox22 said:

Wasn't yesterday basically a walkthrough? I thought I saw that when looking at the Keenum news.

I'm guessing its just a day off. He took some pretty good shots last week. Tomorrow's status will be a better indicator.

I hope you're right.  But I don't think taking shots leads to a hamstring injury.   Are you saying that maybe that's just what "they" are saying?

6 minutes ago, m_cox22 said:

I like the optimism but limited means he practiced, just couldn't go through all the drills.  I hate to be a debbie downer but it sounds like he got hurt during practice and had to cut it short.  

For sure, we'll know more tomorrow.  Hopefully he gets a full practice in.