NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

thebadferret

I don't doubt that the medical staff made the right choice, but if in an alternate universe he felt great and the hamstring issue became non-existent, I would prefer that he played.

What I mean is that I wouldn't call it "great news", but it is what it is. Better news than being pressed into duty being gimpy and risking re-injury or exiting early, sure. Not better news than he is now 100% healthy and playing.

Just now, ponchsox said:

No way I’m starting McLaurin with Haskins under center.

McLaurin might work well with Haskins since they're already very familiar. With Haskins' inability to complete passes to any other Washington player, McLaurin might see a huge number of targets funneled to him. 

We'll see how they look together vs NE. If McLaurin gets big targets and manages to catch at least half of them, I'll be starting him vs Miami

You can’t start any Redskin on a short week vs. NE. 

Give us a week to get blown out by 40. Gruden fired, Kevin O’Connell named interim coach and takes over playcalling...

And then re-insert Mclaurin into your starting lineup for week 6 against Miami. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

You can’t start any Redskin on a short week vs. NE. 

Give us a week to get blown out by 40. Gruden fired, Kevin O’Connell named interim coach and takes over playcalling...

And then re-insert Mclaurin into your starting lineup for week 6 against Miami. 

I agree with this...as long as Keenum starts against NE. Gruden would be crazy to start the rookie against their defense. 
Then again, this is Gruden we're talking about, so he probably will do just that.

• Like 1