NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This comment intrigued me and I took a look at how the Bears have done against WR's while on the road, since the start of 2018... --Week 1 2018 @ GB: D.Adams: 5-88-1, Cobb: 9-142-1, Allison 5-69-1

His talent is unquestionable 

Posted Images

This is frustrating. Terry gets a juicy matchup and likely Keenum back under center, but all the coach has talked about is how he wants to run the ball a lot. Ugh, gonna be a tough decision with the coaching change. Who knows? Maybe a commitment to the run will allow for some sweet play action for Terry and he hits on a couple big plays. 

1 minute ago, Mr.STD said:

This is frustrating. Terry gets a juicy matchup and likely Keenum back under center, but all the coach has talked about is how he wants to run the ball a lot. Ugh, gonna be a tough decision with the coaching change. Who knows? Maybe a commitment to the run will allow for some sweet play action for Terry and he hits on a couple big plays. 

"Yeah, yeah, I'm hyped about it," Peterson said of Callahan's plans. "You look at the first four weeks I played, it was like 11, 12, 10, seven carries. It was totally the opposite of what we did last year when we were more successful as a team." AP is such a tool go away already, he's hyped he can pad his career stats with 25 carries on 3 YPC.. Be positive no pun intended Terry could still have a very productive game their WR's are a joke aside from him.

6 minutes ago, m_cox22 said:

Running the ball isn't necessarily a bad thing for McLaurin if it allows them to have more ball control/longer drives.

I concur the kid just needs 8 targets like what he usually gets and to burn one DB for a 50 yard touchdown and were good, If they want to run AP 25 times for 70 yards so be it. 

25 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

good thing their d is terrible.

everybody got a plan til they get punched in the mouth.

Just now, dropshadows said:

Only thing to worry about is if Washington starts to blow out Miami with points that WEREN'T scored by McLaurin. Unless Miami does something really odd like score and keep up with the other team.

The Washington defense is brutal. Miami should actually win this game.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

It's certainly possible.

My only reservation is that it seems like Miami is actually trying to tank while Washington has some interest in this year.

6 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

If the Washington defense is brutal, I'm not sure a word exists to describe Miami's "defense". 

In a battle of suck fests, I gotta think Terry continues to shine through it as he has every game he's played in so far.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bryce84 said:

If the Washington defense is brutal, I'm not sure a word exists to describe Miami's "defense". 

In a battle of suck fests, I gotta think Terry continues to shine through it as he has every game he's played in so far.

Yes, they both suck. But Washington is the team that had to travel, so I'll handicap it for the 'Fins.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I think we are all ok. AP probably gets 15 carries. Washington will be down and will need to throw. 

It's very questionable if Washington will be down.  I do think they will throw enough though.  Even if the passing volume isn't that great, it should be effective since Miami can't cover anyone (especially if Xavien sits).  McLaurin can probably do major damage on 6-8 targets.

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

What are all these takes in this thread saying Washington is brutal, Miami should win, Washington will be chasing. 

What the f--- sport have you people been watching this whole time? Miami is absolutely horrible. Maybe the worst team of all time. 

IT'LL BE THE "PROVE IT" BOWL AT HARD ROCK STADIUM 1 PM SUNDAY BROTHER!

YOU WANT TUA AND THE 0-16 BELT?  WELL YOU GOTTA DRIVE THAT TANK RIGHT THROUGH THE 31ST RANKED DEFENSE AND FUMBLE THE BALL ON THE 1.

REDSKINS!  DOLPHINS!  IT'LL BE A PYRRIC VICTORY FOR ONE FANBASE AND A FEATHER IN THE CAP FOR DRAFTNIKS ON THE OTHER SIDE COME SUNDAY-SUNDAY-SUNDAY!

4 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

They're going to play hard.  I don't care if you're tanking...no pro player or coach wants to be on an 0-16 team.  This is each team's best shot to win a game this year.

ROSEN!  KEENUM!

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A TEAM'S COMPLETE INABILITY TO PASS RUSH MEETS A TEAM THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANY NFL CALIBER STARTERS BLOCKING?!

WILL ADRIAN PETERSON TRIP OVER HIS WALKER?  OR WILL HE HAVE HIS REVENGE LEISURELY STROLLING BY A FRONT SEVEN THAT HAVE DROPPED INTO PASS COVERAGE ON A POORLY EXECUTED RUN BLITZ?

IT'S THE NFL ON CBS!

3 hours ago, LongBalls said:

100% agree. I actually think they will. I'd put the chances at about zero that McLaurin gets game scripted out because Washington has a commanding lead. 

6 hours ago, m_cox22 said:

Running the ball isn't necessarily a bad thing for McLaurin if it allows them to have more ball control/longer drives.

Running more means running more, which is a bad thing. Running more means less plays will be run, which is a bad thing. Running more behind their terrible line means they won't have longer drives anyway.

Edited by miasma16