NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

Tre’Davious White shadowed for the first time this season vs. Terry McLaurin in Week 9 (PFF) Faced Robby Anderson, Tyler Boyd, Josh Gordon, Julian Edelman, Corey Davis, A.J. Brown, DeVante Parker, Preston Williams and Alshon Jeffery previously and were like nah
Edited by JSA2422
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This comment intrigued me and I took a look at how the Bears have done against WR's while on the road, since the start of 2018... --Week 1 2018 @ GB: D.Adams: 5-88-1, Cobb: 9-142-1, Allison 5-69-1

His talent is unquestionable 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, raidaz18 said:

Haskins looks horrible, let's be honest. #1 what's the deal with that UGLY pass delivery? The way he throws the ball looks like he has a hitch in his delivery that cause him to overthrow passes with great inaccuracy.

I've seen high school QBs carry out better play action fakes, he looks like he doesn't want to be bothered with selling it at all.

I could go on and on, he seems like a project QB. It's pretty bad when there's a huge downgrade when we're talking about Keenum to Haskins but it's the truth.

I'm sure McLaurin can still have an occasional good game but his floor is really low with Haskins.

His floor is literally zero with Haskins. F that.

Had to drop him, [...]

Scary Terry had a great run this season at the beginning, but there's no way in hell that I can trust him in my fantasy playoffs with Haskins as the quarterback of the Redskins.

I understand holding him to see how it shakes out, but between the bye week and shallow bench in my main league it had to be done. I'll be looking to draft him in the future, and hope the QB situation improves for him going forward. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

[...]

Scary Terry had a great run this season at the beginning, but there's no way in hell that I can trust him in my fantasy playoffs with Haskins as the quarterback of the Redskins.

I understand holding him to see how it shakes out, but between the bye week and shallow bench in my main league it had to be done. I'll be looking to draft him in the future, and hope the QB situation improves for him going forward. 

Agreed...I had to drop him also.  The Redskin's offense and QB situation are a mess right now and he's the #1 guy affected.

Still holding for now, but he’s been firmly on the bench for several weeks.  But week 11 at home vs the jets could be a productive matchup despite Haskins, esp as a WR3 with some week 11 byes (Golden Tate).  After that, it’s hard to say.  At home vs Detroit could give rise to some garbage time points, because I think the Lions will get a big lead.  

How do we view him in Dynasty compared to some of the other rookie receivers like AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hollywood Brown, Hardman?  Terry seems to ooze upside, but that situation in Washington currently looks about as bad as it gets for a young receiver.  

if haskins has a truly bad confidence shaking game, some picks and fumbles, will redskins try to sit him for keenum?

from the video highlights, he didnt look all that bad... against maybe the most ferocious pass defense in the league...on the road! 

the remaining schedule looks great for terry. philly and nyg weeks 15-16.

droppable in shallow ten teamers, but no way in a 12 teamer.

19 minutes ago, chpatte4 said:

How do we view him in Dynasty compared to some of the other rookie receivers like AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hollywood Brown, Hardman?  Terry seems to ooze upside, but that situation in Washington currently looks about as bad as it gets for a young receiver.  

In dynasty, especially with rookies, I look at the talent rather than the situation.  People probably said the same thing about Christian Kirk last year.  Crappy offense, dumpster QB, etc.  Now with a new coach, system, etc. Kirk has been having very productive games when he's on the field.  Situations change drastically from year to year so McLaurin is a great hold for me in dynasty.  I would put him similar to AJ Brown and Metcalf, and above Brown and Hardman.  

1 hour ago, chpatte4 said:

I'd rather have any of those guys listed.  Hardman is probably equal to him but Hardman has made some unreal highlight plays. 

The upside of the other three guys is simply huge.

28 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I'd rather have any of those guys listed.  Hardman is probably equal to him but Hardman has made some unreal highlight plays. 

The upside of the other three guys is simply huge.

You could put these 5 in any order and not be wrong, but I'd go AJ Brown, Metcalf, McLaurin, Marquise Brown, Hardman.

I get his situation is not good, but idk I think Terry is still productive to finish out the season. The dude looks like a future stud and I think he will get his more times than not with either QB (and I wouldn’t rule out Keenam coming back as the starter). His playoff schedule is great, don’t drop just yet. 

What incentive do they have to put Keenum back in? They need to evaluate the young guys, which is Haskins and Guice. McLaurin will play, but he isn’t going to win anyone the ship. It’s this type of fat that you need to trim as you move towards the playoffs. If you’re never going to start him, then cut him and invest in a high upside RB or (gulp) maybe even a (longshot) league winner like AB.

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

You could put these 5 in any order and not be wrong, but I'd go AJ Brown, Metcalf, McLaurin, Marquise Brown, Hardman.

I know it's a small sample but McLaurin has been in the worst situation (him or AJ), and produced the best numbers. I'd actually rank him first out of this group. AJ would be right there if it wasn't such a run first team with a bad QB. Metcalf is in a phenomenal situation QB wise, but I think if you put him with a mediocre QB he would've really struggled this year. 

11 minutes ago, Psideresider said:

Maybe I’m missing something, but didn’t Callahan say that once Keenum is healthy, then he’s the starter? That’s the last news I’ve seen. Has he since said that it’s Haskins the rest of the way? 

This is what I saw last as well....

21 minutes ago, Psideresider said:

Maybe I’m missing something, but didn’t Callahan say that once Keenum is healthy, then he’s the starter? That’s the last news I’ve seen. Has he since said that it’s Haskins the rest of the way? 

It’s confusing. There was a blurb on one of the fantasy apps yesterday that said Callahan announced that Haskins would remain the QB this week against the Jets. Which was puzzling because they are on a bye. Then a later tweet by Mike Garofolo saying Callahan wouldn’t commit to Haskins but the expectation is he will remain the starter coming out of the bye. Washington doesn’t gain anything by trying to win in this lost season. So I think it’s about evaluating talent. 

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I feel fairly confident starting McLaurin after the bye. I think Haskins is starting to get some confidence and will complete some passes against the Jets. Not saying Haskin will be good....but serviceable against the ugly Jets....and I'm a Jet fan :/

14 minutes ago, CooL said:

It’s confusing. There was a blurb on one of the fantasy apps yesterday that said Callahan announced that Haskins would remain the QB this week against the Jets. Which was puzzling because they are on a bye. Then a later tweet by Mike Garofolo saying Callahan wouldn’t commit to Haskins but the expectation is he will remain the starter coming out of the bye. Washington doesn’t gain anything by trying to win in this lost season. So I think it’s about evaluating talent. 

clearly Callahan thought they were playing the Jets this week. That sound about right.   

19 minutes ago, bigslick631 said:

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no reason to start Keenum. They need to see what they have in Haskins to plan for their future. A bunch of good QB's in next years draft.

It shouldn't take long to see what they have in Haskins....

It isn't much.

As for Terry, he's going nowhere near any of my lineups as long as Haskins is starting.

2 hours ago, CooL said:

What incentive do they have to put Keenum back in? They need to evaluate the young guys, which is Haskins and Guice. McLaurin will play, but he isn’t going to win anyone the ship. It’s this type of fat that you need to trim as you move towards the playoffs. If you’re never going to start him, then cut him and invest in a high upside RB or (gulp) maybe even a (longshot) league winner like AB.

I rather gamble on Terry than the ghost of AB that never was . Week 15 & 16 is what I'm eyeing on. Great matchups , and if Haskins is serviceable by then, which we will know for certain in the following weeks . You can plug our boy in as a WR3 . That’s my plan atleast 

• Like 1

I think we just all need to hope that Haskins figures it out quickly and becomes serviceable before the end of the year, especially for those playoff matchups.  Serviceable is like 250 yards and 1-2 tds per game.  If he can't even muster that, then Terry is pretty much done.

4 hours ago, ajs723 said:

I don't think anyone is dropping ARob, and Haskins can't possibly be any worse than Trubisky. 

Trubisky may be trash, but Nagy loves to pass 40+ times a game so we know ARob will get targets.  Unfortunately for McLaurin, the Redskins would rather run the ball every play.

• Like 2