NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, ZappB said:

Trubisky may be trash, but Nagy loves to pass 40+ times a game so we know ARob will get targets.  Unfortunately for McLaurin, the Redskins would rather run the ball every play.

Bears threw 21 passes last week, so...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This comment intrigued me and I took a look at how the Bears have done against WR's while on the road, since the start of 2018... --Week 1 2018 @ GB: D.Adams: 5-88-1, Cobb: 9-142-1, Allison 5-69-1

His talent is unquestionable 

Posted Images

TMC is an absolute hold in Dynasty - dude is special.

He's a drop in redraft imo if Haskins sucks once again. The difference for Haskins this time is he has a nice matchup coming up after the bye. I would hold and wait until after the next game before deciding whether to drop. 

F1 is a legit future WR1, his team is the only thing stopping him from being a high end wr1 right now imo. I keep thinking if this kid ended up on a team with a high end QB that featured him and could accurately get him the ball instead of Washington he would’ve had an amazing rookie season. He’s still having a really good rookie season, But sky would be the limit if drafted somewhere else. 
Hopefully Haskins gets comfortable and stops looking like a deer in headlights. Haskins hasn’t looked good at all, but it looks like some is him still getting comfortable, some is the coaching staff holding him back some. Can’t wait to see if anything starts clicking this week. 

• Like 2

I think I'm starting him as well.  I'm just hoping that the staff lets Haskins loose.  I mean...if you're going to get him experience, then get him experience.  Let him make mistakes.  Interceptions don't count against McLaurin's stats so I don't care about those.

If the Redskins neuter Haskins and limit him to like 5 yard throws, I'm gonna flip.  Why start him then?  Let's see what he has.  Especially when they are losing (which will be like every game).

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Marcas grant loves to panik he also kept saying sell Aaron jones sell Aaron jones for weeks. Now jones is tearing up the league #3 rn in PPR 

Terry certainly takes a downgrade but there was some moments in the last game where him and Haskins were connecting. I don’t think this is the end of f1 i feel like come playoff time week 15 and 16 Haskins and he will have better chemistry. Now Haskins is certain to start and take reps in practice with the starters. I think things are going to get better. I wouldn’t be surprised if terry starts having 15 point games again. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

I saw competency in the Bills game from Haskins and Terry got shadowed by White (he's only shadowed Terry and now OBJ). I'm starting ROS. 

Image result for salute gif

Band of Brothers great show, I'm giving him a shot in my flex vs the Jets whatever. He has some pretty juicy matchups ROS. I'm more excited that he's one of my keepers for years to come assuming Haskins can be a competent QB.

Redskins # number of pass attempts with Callahan are 25, 12, 21, 22 (12 was the mudbowl game). Theres minimal volume here and it probably won't get better with Haskins.

Haskins pass attempts by quarter vs Buf:

Q1 - 5

Q2 - 3

Q3 - 5

Q4 - 9

Redskins were behind for 53 minutes of the entire game, since Buffalo's TD with 8 min left in Q1.

10 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Band of Brothers great show, I'm giving him a shot in my flex vs the Jets whatever. He has some pretty juicy matchups ROS. I'm more excited that he's one of my keepers for years to come assuming Haskins can be a competent QB.

I think he'll be worse with Haskins ROS but not as bad as many think.

3 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

I saw competency in the Bills game from Haskins and Terry got shadowed by White (he's only shadowed Terry and now OBJ). I'm starting ROS. 

Image result for salute gif

Can’t behind any post showing Ross trying to act like some military tough guy.

So how we ranking McLaurin for ROS? I’ve seen some places have him top 25, ahead of guys like Samuel, Tate, Alshon, and Manny Sanders. All of those guys seem to be in better situations than F1.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, CooL said:

Can’t behind any post showing Ross trying to act like some military tough guy.

So how we ranking McLaurin for ROS? I’ve seen some places have him top 25, ahead of guys like Samuel, Tate, Alshon, and Manny Sanders. All of those guys seem to be in better situations than F1.

I like him over all those except Sanders and maybe Samuel. I was trying to bait the Captain Winters salute back on a reply since it's vet day. 

18 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Haskins just named the starter ROS. 

On the other hand, he gets to play a Jets team that just gave up 4 TDs to Daniel Jones, including 10 catches and 2 TDs by Slayton. 

This. The reason I'm starting F1 one more week.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:
19 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Haskins just named the starter ROS. 

On the other hand, he gets to play a Jets team that just gave up 4 TDs to Daniel Jones, including 10 catches and 2 TDs by Slayton. 

This. The reason I'm starting F1 one more week.

Yeah, it's a gamble but you really can't ask for a better situation here.  Washington offense sucks but I really can't imagine the Jets shutting down any offense.  Heck, the Dolphins put up 26 points against them.

The Jets D is not good enough to stop both the run and pass, and I'm pretty sure they will sell out to stop AP and force Haskins to beat him.  If that happens, in what is probably going to be a competitive game between two bad teams, then there will be points.  The Jets pass defense is at or near the bottom.  Last week's Jets-Giants game was a bonanza of fantasy points.  No reason it can't happen this week too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Yeah, it's a gamble but you really can't ask for a better situation here.  Washington offense sucks but I really can't imagine the Jets shutting down any offense.  Heck, the Dolphins put up 26 points against them.

The Jets D is not good enough to stop both the run and pass, and I'm pretty sure they will sell out to stop AP and force Haskins to beat him.  If that happens, in what is probably going to be a competitive game between two bad teams, then there will be points.  The Jets pass defense is at or near the bottom.  Last week's Jets-Giants game was a bonanza of fantasy points.  No reason it can't happen this week too.

Agree with this take.  Jets did great limiting Barkley.   Hopefully they (Jets) can put some quick points on the board.