Mike Davis 2019 Outlook

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bad fantasy player

Hey can someone unlock the threads, I mean really. Why on earth is the David Montgomery thread locked. Aaron Jones as well?!?!?!? This is a huge disservice to people who frequent these forums and are

RB1

25 minutes ago, Onion said:

He may be free now, his cost is backloaded. Start him and find out.

See, this is where your shortsightedness kills...

Why would I need to start him... Dmont was drafted from rd3-5. I picked someone else in that range, so... who is having to start who?

Tsk tsk tsk

4 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

See, this is where your shortsightedness kills...

Why would I need to start him... Dmont was drafted from rd3-5. I picked someone else in that range, so... who is having to start who?

Tsk tsk tsk

Exactly. All I need from Mike Davis is to diminish Montgomery's value for a few weeks and then have a good week so that I can trade him for a WR3.

4 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Exactly. All I need from Mike Davis is to diminish Montgomery's value for a few weeks and then have a good week so that I can trade him for a WR3.

BINGO...

or 2 for 1 upgrades... who knows...

if the plan fails... drop him again...

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

This thread, lmao. Nobody's going to ever trade you anything of value for Mike Davis.

You can pour out all those DMont's disappointment here...

there was once in 2018, where D.henry owners were going into D.Lewis' thread to bash, and vice versa...

Both have their moments...

I get it... I totally do

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, JeterPimpedUrGF said:

Hey can someone unlock the threads, I mean really. Why on earth is the David Montgomery thread locked. Aaron Jones as well?!?!?!? This is a huge disservice to people who frequent these forums and are trying to gauge value on some of these players going forward. 

Let me bump that J-Will thread up.

3 minutes ago, JeterPimpedUrGF said:

Hey can someone unlock the threads, I mean really. Why on earth is the David Montgomery thread locked. Aaron Jones as well?!?!?!? This is a huge disservice to people who frequent these forums and are trying to gauge value on some of these players going forward. 

Hall Monitors sure are quick to delete posts, but can't take a few seconds to unlock game threads.

• Thanks 4
5 hours ago, Szer0 said:

You can pour out all those DMont's disappointment here...

there was once in 2018, where D.henry owners were going into D.Lewis' thread to bash, and vice versa...

Both have their moments...

I get it... I totally do

Mike Davis wishes he was as talented as Henry. Or Montgomery. I expect Montgomery eventually taking over. He still looked miles better than Davis.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Hall Monitors sure are quick to delete posts, but can't take a few seconds to unlock game threads.

I think they’ve all taken jobs monitoring Evan Silva’s Twitter feed.

Never even heard of this guy until I kept seeing this thread at the top of the front page. 

Went to my leagues to see where he got picked and who all owns him. 

Nowhere and nobody. 15% owned in yahoo and that seems likes a lot given his situation and performance last night. 

• Thanks 1

The entire offense was horrible last night - but the big takeaway is that Davis out-touched Montgomery and Cohen.  You can look at the box score all you want and say he only had 36 total yards, but the whole game was an offensive stinker, and no offensive player put up big numbers.  And it wasn't as if Davis was getting garbage time work, or coming in when Montgomery was tired.  If anything, drives were starting with Davis, using him as the 1a.  

I don't own shares in this backfield at all, so I don't have any bias.  But at this point if I were a Montgomery owner I'd be a little worried.  Monty did look good on a couple runs, but at the end of the night he averaged only 3.0 YPC, and was only targeted once in the passing game, compared to 7 targets for Davis.  In games with more offensive flow, if that kind of target share keeps up, Davis' value will be significantly higher than Monty's.