Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2019 preseason week 1 game thread


Iron-cock
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

 

He’s in the NFC now!

 

(ok admittedly I only know because I have a DFS card in with him)

That’s right he went to the Lions. If I recall your a Jets fan so I just assumed you’d be watching their game lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The preseason is so ******** stupid and a waste of time.

...except to players trying to make the team and coaches figuring out starting lineups (and who makes the team). Ask any coach, it isn't a waste of time. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The G Man said:

 

Can you elaborate please?

I see his stats in the box score, but haven't seen any highlights and am most interested. 

 

Gorgeous move at the LOS, jump stop, then cut it outside for an 8 yard TD. Play was designed to go inside but he had the vision and balance to stop on a dime and take it outside. Looks like the real deal. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The G Man said:

 

Can you elaborate please?

I see his stats in the box score, but haven't seen any highlights and am most interested. 

Sure. His vision has been really impressive. He just seems to instinctively know exactly where to go. He's also shown amazing contact balance. Pretty sure he's broken a tackle on every carry. On top of that, his hands are great. Caught several passes from Daniel, not all of which were easy receptions. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bomont said:

...except to players trying to make the team and coaches figuring out starting lineups (and who makes the team). Ask any coach, it isn't a waste of time. 

That’s true but established players should have no reason to play. 

Edited by Gohawks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

 

Gorgeous move at the LOS, jump stop, then cut it outside for an 8 yard TD. Play was designed to go inside but he had the vision and balance to stop on a dime and take it outside. Looks like the real deal. 

 

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Sure. His vision has been really impressive. He just seems to instinctively know exactly where to go. He's also shown amazing contact balance. Pretty sure he's broken a tackle on every carry. On top of that, his hands are great. Caught several passes from Daniel, not all of which were easy receptions. 

 

Thank you both. I'm sure I'll see the highlights later tonight or tomorrow, I was just being a little impatient. 

Thanks again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Ballage looks pretty damn good. He could be the real deal. I still see a timeshare in Miami, but he's gotta be the favorite for goal line work. 

Dude looked impressive in limited work last year as well. He’s also been getting a lot of work over Drake in training camp.

 

His ADP is in the 130s. Sign me up every day of the week. Once the draft hits triple digits I’m targeting him everywhere I can. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, The G Man said:

 

 

Thank you both. I'm sure I'll see the highlights later tonight or tomorrow, I was just being a little impatient. 

Thanks again.

 

It’s always good to read the opinions of people who are on here and watching the game, especially their hometown teams if they’re not total homers about it.  That’s pretty much what I come here for. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's everyone's take on Jakobi Meyers?  I actually picked him up in 2 leagues after my drafts but then dropped him.  He looks like he could be the real deal but then again New England typically spreads the ball around other than to Edelman.  The rookie Harry also caught 2 passes for 36 yards tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

What's everyone's take on Jakobi Meyers?  I actually picked him up in 2 leagues after my drafts but then dropped him.  He looks like he could be the real deal but then again New England typically spreads the ball around other than to Edelman.  The rookie Harry also caught 2 passes for 36 yards tonight.

 

He scored 2 TDs in the 1st preseason game.

 

Hall of Fame here we come!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

What's everyone's take on Jakobi Meyers?  I actually picked him up in 2 leagues after my drafts but then dropped him.  He looks like he could be the real deal but then again New England typically spreads the ball around other than to Edelman.  The rookie Harry also caught 2 passes for 36 yards tonight.

Eh as you mention they have other weapons but I also don’t think NE will throw much. They’ll want to keep an older Brady as fresh as possible for the playoffs. There’s a lot of better players to roster if you are in a 12 team league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

What's everyone's take on Jakobi Meyers?  I actually picked him up in 2 leagues after my drafts but then dropped him.  He looks like he could be the real deal but then again New England typically spreads the ball around other than to Edelman.  The rookie Harry also caught 2 passes for 36 yards tonight.

 

 

This is the reason I normally draft before preseason games. I like him a lot this year with Gronk gone and Edelman missing time. He also has good chemistry with Brady so far in practice. 

 

He will be jumping up draft boards here soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jstep13 said:

 

 

Well time to drop him down in pre-draft rankings from 88th to 96th round 

Haskins has thrown 2 picks but otherwise hasn't looked bad.  Keenum may start the season as the starter but he likely won't last more than a handful of games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Haskins has thrown 2 picks but otherwise hasn't looked bad.  Keenum may start the season as the starter but he likely won't last more than a handful of games.

Make that 3 picks....  It's obvious he still needs time so Keenum or McCoy will likely be under center in week 1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...