NBC Sports EDGE Forums

T.J. Warren 2019-2020 Outlook

Trench Mob

With an ADP in the 90s - 100s (sometimes even later) I think he's underrated. Health is a gamble and assists are putrid, but aside from that who else in that range is getting you 18 ppg outside of maybe Wiggins? For a guy like me who often takes the low pts/multi cat contributors like Draymond, RoCo, and Capela, I often forget that scoring is a cat you can't forget. TJ should get that this season, I don't buy that there's a challenge for his minutes at all, and Dipo won't be back at full strength until MAYBE January at best.

But until then, nobody on this team is a scorer like TJ, although Lamb can get buckets at time and Sabonis should command some touches. But on the pecking order I'm pretty sure TJ is gonna be top 2 at worst until Dipo gets back next year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, s-kayos said:

With an ADP in the 90s - 100s (sometimes even later) I think he's underrated. Health is a gamble and assists are putrid, but aside from that who else in that range is getting you 18 ppg outside of maybe Wiggins? For a guy like me who often takes the low pts/multi cat contributors like Draymond, RoCo, and Capela, I often forget that scoring is a cat you can't forget. TJ should get that this season, I don't buy that there's a challenge for his minutes at all, and Dipo won't be back at full strength until MAYBE January at best.

But until then, nobody on this team is a scorer like TJ, although Lamb can get buckets at time and Sabonis should command some touches. But on the pecking order I'm pretty sure TJ is gonna be top 2 at worst until Dipo gets back next year.

It's tough to get points late if you go for other non-scoring players earlier.  The ones I've found to help are CJ in the 6th, Murray in the 7th, Warren in the 8th-10th, Sexton in the 100-120's.  If I were desperate I would also take a chance on Wiggins at that point hoping his shot selection improves.  Maybe Barnes after that, but it got more crowded in Sac with Ariza, etc, but more 3's with Walton etc.  Of course these players could go earlier / later but approximately speaking...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dominator83 said:

Well, that overreaction to 1 preseason game ended quickly

No it didn't.  I'm in love.  Is it possible this is the year he break out and becomes a superstar level player?  I mean, he was already elite offensively inside the 3 point line, now he's elite 3 point shooter too...20+ points and all star berth is possible.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

No it didn't.  I'm in love.  Is it possible this is the year he break out and becomes a superstar level player?  I mean, he was already elite offensively inside the 3 point line, now he's elite 3 point shooter too...20+ points and all star berth is possible.  

I don't love him or hate him. Kinda still meh in my book. I just thought it was a little funny seeing how his thread blew up after yesterdays game, then today he puts up a stinker and its crickets here

12 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

I don't love him or hate him. Kinda still meh in my book. I just thought it was a little funny seeing how his thread blew up after yesterdays game, then today he puts up a stinker and its crickets here

Back to back on a throwaway game. No one on the Pacers besides Aaron Holiday played over 20 minutes. That should be enough explanation but since this is Rotoworld it had to be told in writing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Back to back on a throwaway game. No one on the Pacers besides Aaron Holiday played over 20 minutes. That should be enough explanation but since this is Rotoworld it had to be told in writing.

Even in these "throwaway" games, i still lokk at fantasy points per minute. Sabonis still played at his dbl-dbl pace

46 minutes ago, a-rob said:

was even surprised to see the starters for both teams get 20mpg in this game. I was expecting them t just play first 6 - 8 mins of 1st and 3rd quarter. it's a meaningless game and a 2nd of a b2b

Actually this might be the most meaningless game in the entire NBA preseason and season.  B2B , which is the second game of the preseason, in India..

I don't think there is a single takeaway from a game like this. 

4 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

I have very few doubts the break-out is happening. I have always loved his game and he has been a must-draft for me the moment I started prepping this year.

The dude knows how to get buckets. He probably has extra motivation from being traded and seems like he works hard on his game anyway. In a competent organization now where they need his scoring too.

An all-star season is definitely possible being in the east. And I am actually glad he didn’t have another dominant game. I want him to stay being slept on until I draft next week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

Actually this might be the most meaningless game in the entire NBA preseason and season.  B2B , which is the second game of the preseason, in India..

I don't think there is a single takeaway from a game like this. 

No there is a single takeaway. TJ Warren is “meh” and his stock should be down accordingly. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Chrizz said:

He was 44th per game last season. I think the main reason why he slips in drafts is his injury history and not because hes a sneaky sleeper... games played in his 5 seasons so far: 40, 47, 66, 65, 43

Yes its the injuries but even if he were fully healthy I think he's still slept on because what he does is a bit under the radar and most casual fans aren't aware of his incredible offensive game and efficiency and the leaps he made last year in 3 point / FT.  The question for him is can he sustain the 3 point shooting to maintain his high FG...but even if it slips to 46-47% it's not a big deal in exchange for 2 threes / game. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to T.J. Warren 2019-2020 Outlook