NBC Sports EDGE Forums

T.J. Warren 2019-2020 Outlook

Trench Mob

image.png.71e181457b56cc6e0cb1f4593f9f79f5.png

I do not claim to be a math wizard.. but lets take a look at TJ Buckets career numbers and compare them to these first 5 games in a new role with a new team..

hmmm hes getting up the same amont of shots as last year.. do we REALLY think he is going to shoot 39.7%FG, 8.3% 3P, 62.5% FT for the year?? Sometimes you need a little perspective  to see reality... Opportunity is there, minutes are there, shots are there..hes 27 years old with a chip on his shoulder.. hes figuring it out gang.. give it time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, MNDOGG said:

image.png.71e181457b56cc6e0cb1f4593f9f79f5.png

I do not claim to be a math wizard.. but lets take a look at TJ Buckets career numbers and compare them to these first 5 games in a new role with a new team..

hmmm hes getting up the same amont of shots as last year.. do we REALLY think he is going to shoot 39.7%FG, 8.3% 3P, 62.5% FT for the year?? Sometimes you need a little perspective  to see reality... Opportunity is there, minutes are there, shots are there..hes 27 years old with a chip on his shoulder.. hes figuring it out gang.. give it time.

There is one significant difference there in IMO, and it's "IND".

So yeah, I think some of us factored in that he's going to get his shot back, but this isn't Phoenix, and this isn't Igor Shokoshnovoka.

He might be the fifth or sixth best player after Vic, Brogdon, Turner, Domas, and Lamb. Then you got guys like Goga and Justin Holiday who Nate might turn if Warren is struggling on either end, or gets into foul trouble.

I didn't even consider this when I drafted him, I just saw, 20/5reb/.8stl/.8blk with 2.5 triples and 50% shooting. I don't know if that's possible on this team.

So that's what I think of when deciding how long I want to ride this rollercoaster. A lot of his value comes from getting shots up and making them, but what if the shots aren't there for him every night?

I mean some dude in this thread already told me, "Durr Durr Durr, don't expect anything else, HE'S TJ BUCKETS", but I'm going to need some improvement in other areas. Maybe the stls are real. *shrugs*.

12 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

There is one significant difference there in IMO, and it's "IND".

So yeah, I think some of us factored in that he's going to get his shot back, but this isn't Phoenix, and this isn't Igor Shokoshnovoka.

He might be the fifth or sixth best player after Vic, Brogdon, Turner, Domas, and Lamb. Then you got guys like Goga and Justin Holiday who Nate might turn if Warren is struggling on either end, or gets into foul trouble.

I didn't even consider this when I drafted him, I just saw, 20/5reb/.8stl/.8blk with 2.5 triples and 50% shooting. I don't know if that's possible on this team.

So that's what I think of when deciding how long I want to ride this rollercoaster. A lot of his value comes from getting shots up and making them, but what if the shots aren't there for him every night?

I mean some dude in this thread already told me, "Durr Durr Durr, don't expect anything else, HE'S TJ BUCKETS", but I'm going to need some improvement in other areas. Maybe the stls are real. *shrugs*.

His value is in %, points, 3s, low TOs and he averaged 1.2 steals + 0.7 blocks past season. His shots are just not falling but u are right hes more like the 3rd or 4th option on this team.

3 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

hopefully the soft schedule ahead will warm him up. This is the coldest stretch I've seen him go through

He said scored 20 plus in 2 of the last 3 lol. He’s starting to get going and even doing other things. He’s sitting on my wire I can’t wait to grab him 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2019 at 10:13 AM, HBARZ93 said:

ez drop - justise has high usage and even with butler back, not an issue. TJ is already having issues with Brogdon and Lamb and when Oladipo comes back, he will shift back even further. His terrible PO schedule also was a deciding factor for me. I already have Winslow.

winslow in 9 cat leagues yikes

On 11/4/2019 at 12:20 AM, DezedandConfused said:

winslow in 9 cat leagues yikes

I am already punting FT%, 3PTM, and TOs. His FG% is a little bit of a drag but his contributions to pts, rebounds, assists, and almost 1/1 stl/block is pretty invaluable. Anyways, with Butler back, his usage will drop but I assume better efficiency - we will see.

• tonycpsu changed the title to T.J. Warren 2019-2020 Outlook