NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Millertime81 said:

He went in the middle of the 8th round in my 14 team league last night.   Decent size buy in with a few sharps in the league.  

I think pretty much anywhere after pick 100 is reasonable. At that point you're pretty much taking sleepers, QBs,  or lower tier starters anyway. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's called a pimp limp. That's the way I walk into work on Monday mornings

Posted Images

7 hours ago, kball09 said:

I think pretty much anywhere after pick 100 is reasonable. At that point you're pretty much taking sleepers, QBs,  or lower tier starters anyway. 

just took him 7.09. But it was a 3 keeper, 12 team league. I couldn't risk him going. All in on this guy this year- have him in every league.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

He went in the 10th round and I was targeting him around the 13th after i took D Williams. I'm not that mad about being sniped because it seemed like a vast over pay for a 6th round pick scat back who will not get the majority of touches if something happens to the RB1. I think if the other D Williams makes it out of camp he will get as much run as Thompson in a time share. 

sounds like that man was on a mission and most likely was trying to ensure that he got his guy. If Damien does go down it most likely will be a time share with Darrel and Darwin.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chase Money said:

Why is everyone sleeping on D-Will so hard. He is a big play threat in this offense for as long as he's healthy. I own both on the same team so no bias.

1) He's never had to carry the load, so he's still unproven as a workhorse

2) He was in a pretty horrible backfield in Miami and never emerged, so why now?

I think both are valid points and both have their counters (he hasn't had a chance yet which isn't his fault, Miami was a dumpster fire), but I think everyone would be all over Damien if he either started half the year last year or had shown signs of this in Miami. Now we have a rookie RB that can be had MUCH cheaper and has already worked his way up the depth chart over 2 guys in the preseason. I think they will both be solid, but Darwin could be a league winner since it didn't require a second round investment. Damien NEEDS to produce for peoples' teams. Darwin can rocket a team up the standings if he turns into an RB1 on top of your base team.

• Like 3

I'm biased.  I think Damien Williams is going to ball this year.

That being said I try to be pragmatic.

DWILL balled out last year in his games.  Yes, he hasn't proven he can handle the load.

The rookie has looked good in preseason, which we all know doesn't mean much.  He also has not proven he can handle the load.

There's no proof that it will be a time share, because if it is, they both lose value.  Andy Reid is known for running a cow.  That's his history for the most part.

DWILL got a 2 year deal, basically saying "prove it".  He has every reason to prove it.  His draft stock would have been much higher if he wasn't a screw up in college.

The rookie was drafted for a reason.  The question is; is that because they are to split carries, is he the future, or is he insurance?

I would argue that if you're going to pick one.....you go with the positives vs. the negatives.

DWILL has proven, including in playoff games, (with extremely fresh legs) he can play in the NFL and be productive.  He balled out...I think everybody agrees with that.

The rookie has proven nothing.

To truly be pragmatic, I would think one would say "Dwill looks to have the job, until it isn't his".

The smart play is to get both, risking that the rookie does nothing this year, but insuring the top RB on a potent offense.

The starting RB for the Chiefs is probably a better Fantasy Player than James Connor or Joe Mixon (Stats only...not player skill).

You can have BOTH of these guys for cheaper than Conner or Mixon.

It makes it worth it to draft both, but ONLY if you draft both.

• Like 6
37 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

Andy Reid is known for running a cow.  That's his history for the most part.

Good post but I dont think the above is true.  He had Ware going in on passing downs with Hunt contemplating the universe on the sidelines.  Early on with the Eagles he had Staley, Buckhalter, and B West constantly in and out...which didnt stop til McCoy proved himself.  I feel like Andy will use a bell cow if that player shows he can do everything, but its not a given someone will get a 3 down role.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, richiro said:

Good post but I dont think the above is true.  He had Ware going in on passing downs with Hunt contemplating the universe on the sidelines.  Early on with the Eagles he had Staley, Buckhalter, and B West constantly in and out...which didnt stop til McCoy proved himself.  I feel like Andy will use a bell cow if that player shows he can do everything, but its not a given someone will get a 3 down role.

Fair enough.  However, would you pay $4 million/year for a rotation RB?

2 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

I'm biased.  I think Damien Williams is going to ball this year.

That being said I try to be pragmatic.

DWILL balled out last year in his games.  Yes, he hasn't proven he can handle the load.

The rookie has looked good in preseason, which we all know doesn't mean much.  He also has not proven he can handle the load.

There's no proof that it will be a time share, because if it is, they both lose value.  Andy Reid is known for running a cow.  That's his history for the most part.

DWILL got a 2 year deal, basically saying "prove it".  He has every reason to prove it.  His draft stock would have been much higher if he wasn't a screw up in college.

The rookie was drafted for a reason.  The question is; is that because they are to split carries, is he the future, or is he insurance?

I would argue that if you're going to pick one.....you go with the positives vs. the negatives.

DWILL has proven, including in playoff games, (with extremely fresh legs) he can play in the NFL and be productive.  He balled out...I think everybody agrees with that.

The rookie has proven nothing.

To truly be pragmatic, I would think one would say "Dwill looks to have the job, until it isn't his".

The smart play is to get both, risking that the rookie does nothing this year, but insuring the top RB on a potent offense.

The starting RB for the Chiefs is probably a better Fantasy Player than James Connor or Joe Mixon (Stats only...not player skill).

You can have BOTH of these guys for cheaper than Conner or Mixon.

It makes it worth it to draft both, but ONLY if you draft both.

Well said, except for the bolded. I think if you have Damien and don't cuff him with Darwin, you're making a mistake. But if you only own Darwin, having arguably the most valuable cuff in fantasy is well worthy of a bench spot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, brosephd said:

spent a 9th on him and feels good having both rb's. 

It really depends on where you get Williams. If there’s other backs better you shouldn’t feel forced to get Williams 

That being said Darwin Thompson is a cheaper investment to get a piece of this high powered offense. I’d feel more comfortable spending a 9th-10th rather than 2nd-3rd to get Damien. While Darwin has potential to force a full on committee or better yet takeover. Cheap price for a high upside play.

• Haha 1

I'm not fully understanding the hype here.  I don't see Darwin getting any meaningful work unless Damien is out.  Even then, Darrell still gets the bulk IMO, at least this year.  Reid has very important guy under center.

Is this guy just lighting it up or what?

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

I'm not fully understanding the hype here.  I don't see Darwin getting any meaningful work unless Damien is out.  Even then, Darrell still gets the bulk IMO, at least this year.  Reid has very important guy under center.

Is this guy just lighting it up or what?

The source of this argument is predicated upon Damien Williams being trash for so long on a trash team. I agree he killed it last season w the chiefs and has a stronghold on the job for now. This is fantasy football. In a 12 team competitive league you pick up cuffs for upside. Which backup you choose on this team is up to you. But they should be rostered in 12+. The consensus is Darwin being the next man up. Wrong or right wtf does it matter? Lotto picks are lotto picks. The Damien owners need to calm the hell down. It’s his job to lose go back to your thread 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, itschief33 said:

The source of this argument is predicated upon Damien Williams being trash for so long on a trash team. I agree he killed it last season w the chiefs and has a stronghold on the job for now. This is fantasy football. In a 12 team competitive league you pick up cuffs for upside. Which backup you choose on this team is up to you. But they should be rostered in 12+. The consensus is Darwin being the next man up. Wrong or right wtf does it matter? Lotto picks are lotto picks. The Damien owners need to calm the hell down. It’s his job to lose go back to your thread 

I was nodding my head in agreement until I reached your last couple sentences.  Jesus, relax.  I don't have a dog in this fight.  Just remember Damien killing it last year and don't see Darwin getting on the field much.

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm like...there is a stupid line in the middle of this gif....and then I realized what was happening and....oh my....

I didn't even notice the line and had to go back and look after you mentioned it. lol

• Haha 1