NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

On 8/28/2019 at 5:02 AM, smeeze said:

That would be a natural selection

You guys were killing me yesterday.  I was in a meeting with a bunch of suits and trying to slyly browse the forums.  Hard to do when audibly laughing.

• Haha 4
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's called a pimp limp. That's the way I walk into work on Monday mornings

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Panthor said:

this is how i see it.

people who are saying Williams is the man 100% no doubt about it have their head in the sand.  and the people running around thinking Thompson is going to run away with it early have their heads in the clouds.  Williams will be given his fair look because he has earned that as a veteran and he performed when called upon last year.  but make no mistake there isn't much rope there for him to run with.  he better show out if he wants to hold onto the job.

I came to realization today that this thread is going to easily hit 15 pages, on its way to surpass the Damien Williams total pages by the end of the year.  I also came to the realization that I might be a little to high on this guy.  I definitely see Damien having a splendid year this year - I have no reason to believe that he is going to slow down from his performances last year, there is absolutely no reason other than an injury holding him back.  Hell, Damien almost led the Chiefs to a Super Bowl.  I think that Darwinians might be trying to overcompensate here with all the negativity towards Williams.  I see Darwin getting 3-5 touches at the most at the beginning of the season.  I think this is going to be a seasonal journey, not an instant gratification scenario.  I drafted darwinning in the last round in a keeper league so I am just holding on....

2 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I came to realization today that this thread is going to easily hit 15 pages, on its way to surpass the Damien Williams total pages by the end of the year.  I also came to the realization that I might be a little to high on this guy.  I definitely see Damien having a splendid year this year - I have no reason to believe that he is going to slow down from his performances last year, there is absolutely no reason other than an injury holding him back.  Hell, Damien almost led the Chiefs to a Super Bowl.  I think that Darwinians might be trying to overcompensate here with all the negativity towards Williams.  I see Darwin getting 3-5 touches at the most at the beginning of the season.  I think this is going to be a seasonal journey, not an instant gratification scenario.  I drafted darwinning in the last round in a keeper league so I am just holding on....

I think the majority of Darwin owners took him late expecting him to be the next man up in an Andy Reid offense should anything happen with Damien injury or otherwise. I know theres a few in here who seemed to think he'd leapfrog a healthy Damien but I believe them to be in the minority. Most darwin drafters I feel knew it wouldn't be an immediate impact

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

I think the majority of Darwin owners took him late expecting him to be the next man up in an Andy Reid offense should anything happen with Damien injury or otherwise. I know theres a few in here who seemed to think he'd leapfrog a healthy Damien but I believe them to be in the minority. Most darwin drafters I feel knew it wouldn't be an immediate impact

but I really would like for him to leapfrog Damien

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

but I really would like for him to leapfrog Damien

Predicting injuries is a fool's game, but I'll play the fool, and I don't see Damien or Carson in Seattle staying healthy all year.

59 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Now this sure would blow things up

Chiefs GM Brett Veach said the team would "take a peek" at free agent RB LeSean McCoy.

Isn’t every team though? It’s not a bad thing to have quality depth at the position if the price I’d right. I wouldn’t be surprised if Houston wasn’t taking a look even though they just signed Hyde. 

Edited by FitzMagic
Just now, vthokie3 said:

Might have to be a drop

Agreed. He might be good next year, depending on how he ends this year and what happens in the offseason. Will be interesting to see him play this year, as he could be and injury away. At least with this signing we have to think he wasn’t going to take over Williams any time soon right?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

Well yeah but I feel like most of assumed Hyde would go and Darwin would be the two but bringing in Shady who Reid trusts pushes Darwin back to the 3 spot

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'm going to hold Week 1 probably to see how the backfield looks and if it's a RBBC. I'll probably drop then tho

This is a total RBBC backfield briniging shades of Reid having Staley, Westbrook, and Buckhalter. Thompson's value does take a bit of a hit here. Maybe they felt uncomfortable giving a 6th rd pick so much responsiblity so soon. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56
Just now, vthokie3 said:

Well yeah but I feel like most of assumed Hyde would go and Darwin would be the two but bringing in Shady who Reid trusts pushes Darwin back to the 3 spot

Not necessarily. I mean this signing definitely isnt great for either Williams or Thompson. At the same time if everyone was so high on Darwin, than why would should they jump ship immediately after the signing of a declining 31 year old RB?

Thompson is at least a hold for the 1st quarter of the season.

21 minutes ago, Evincar said:

For someone else. I'm dropping a kicker for another RB/WR tonight, then most likely dropping Darwin for the replacement kicker Sunday morning, Sept. 8. (so at the very least someone else burns a waiver for him after Week 1.) This is going to be a 3-headed (maybe 4-headed) monster than will make the Patriots RB situation seem stable. 

52 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Not necessarily. I mean this signing definitely isnt great for either Williams or Thompson. At the same time if everyone was so high on Darwin, than why would should they jump ship immediately after the signing of a declining 31 year old RB?

Could end up like Kamara when Peterson was brought in alongside Ingram. But that is highly unlikely.